View Full Version : Here is your chance to get rid of me.

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 05:54 AM
I made a bet with another netphorian if 5 people can post here giving reasons why they love machina AND zwan, based only on the concepts and feelings and messages expressed in the albums, I will leave forever. Also, they must posses a detailed/realistic understanding of the songs.

liquid slide
07-29-2003, 05:59 AM
you're not going anywhere sonny. you're not just going to leave your Demi-God status and walk out on us.

Reyngel
07-29-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Marlon Brando
I made a bet with another netphorian if 5 people can post here giving reasons why they love machina AND zwan, based only on the concepts and feelings and messages expressed in the albums, I will leave forever. Also, they must posses a detailed/realistic understanding of the songs.

To simplify this, marlon and my bet was this: 5 Netphorians have to explain why they love Machina and Zwan, and their reasons have to be based on the lyrics and meanings of the songs/albums. That's it. And then, he says, he'll leave forever.

Boycott Graceland
07-29-2003, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Reyngel
And then, he says, he'll leave forever.
that's bloody likely.

because he sure can admit when he's wrong.

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 06:02 AM
so far the first responses are typical netphorian-cant-function-without-sarcasm bullshit. haha not looking good for you so far. haha

Reyngel
07-29-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Boycott Graceland

that's bloody likely.

because he sure can admit when he's wrong.

Couldn't hurt to try. If he doesn't leave, then he just prooves that he's a liar, and he just got done saying how "lying" was like, the worst thing you could do, or something. Heh.

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 06:05 AM
exactly. but so far the responses are typical netphorian crap so.. dont get your hopes up.

Reyngel
07-29-2003, 06:05 AM
exactly. but so far the responses are typical netphorian crap so.. dont get your hopes up.

Shut up and get some sleep. It's fuckin 4am, Pacific. Wait till tomorrow.

Boycott Graceland
07-29-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Reyngel
Couldn't hurt to try. If he doesn't leave, then he just prooves that he's a liar, and he just got done saying how "lying" was like, the worst thing you could do, or something. Heh.
have you seen his arguments and rants on this board? it's like trying to have a discussion with a mildly retarded 8 year old. but hey, more power to the people who give it a shot.

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 06:09 AM
lol its funny that retarted 8 year old boys understand the pumpkins more then you lol

Reyngel
07-29-2003, 06:10 AM
lol its funny that retarted 8 year old boys understand the pumpkins more then you lol

It's also funny that retarDed 8 year old boys can spell better than you, but that's not the point of this thread, so shut the fuck up already. Go back to the other thread.

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 06:11 AM
im up right now cuz im working my way through the beatles anthology dvd set.. im at part 5 of 8 right now

Boycott Graceland
07-29-2003, 06:23 AM
lol at least i know how to quote, you little jackass lolollolol

Ugly
07-29-2003, 08:55 AM
There’s no way in bloody hell anyone would have the self-respect to jump through hoops for this fucking troll. I argued the pros and cons of MACHINA weeks ago when this cock-smoker first showed up. Right now, the only thing Marlon can do is blow me.

*blocks the fag*

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 09:01 AM
its not about pros and cons is about proving to someone who understands machina that you understand and love it. and zwan too. 5 people. if you can do that then im gone. i know you dont like me cuz I've made you realize you know nothing about the pumpkins or zwan.

frenchy
07-29-2003, 09:12 AM
To get rid off Marlon Brondo, Netphoria has to look like the o-board.

That sux :eyesp:

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 09:13 AM
yeah how dare this place show some love and respect to the smashing pumpkins of all bands.. what a dumb idea your right.

Caine Walker
07-29-2003, 09:15 AM
why do you care so much?

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 09:17 AM
because i've come to terms with the fact that I cant be part of the community of my fav. band on this messageboard cuz almost everyone here doesnt know anything about the pumpkins and doestn really like them.. and its really sad. :( but i will leave if the challenge is met. otherwise you should all be told constantly how much you fucking suck.

SmashingZeppelins
07-29-2003, 09:36 AM
its not about pros and cons is about proving to someone who understands machina that you understand and love it. i know you dont like me cuz I've made you realize you know nothing about the pumpkins or zwan.

You come here, tell all of the members of Netphria that every reason they have for enjoying the Pumpkin's music is wrong and you are the only one who's opinion matters. So all of us must be wrong and you are correct. I don't think the odds are in your favor pal. Why don't you go over to the Z-board and suck on billy's nuts with the rest of the like-minded twits over there. Hell, maybe you could even be thier new messiah. Explain the Machina mystery to them all and I'm sure they will learn to worship you and masturbate furiously upon your every keystroke.
http://www.aseclub.net/phpBB2/images/smiles/jack.gif

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 09:40 AM
ive never seen people who claim to be fans, hate a band more then netphorians.. its unbeliavable. you all are fucking beyond fucked up.

Caine Walker
07-29-2003, 09:42 AM
because i've come to terms with the fact

come to terms with it? was it that big of a deal for you? some sort of complex that you persevered through and overcame? damn.

that I cant be part of the community of my fav. band on this messageboard cuz

ok, <i>this</i> messageboard. yes. netphoria in specific. what even made you come here in the first place? netphoria has a reputation for being the terra of cynics and assholes. so why bother if you don't like how things work around here?

almost everyone here doesnt know anything about the pumpkins and doestn really like them.. and its really sad. :(

you must not read these pages upon pages of responses to your misspelled and gramatically incorrect babbling. people here <i>love</i> the pumpkins. i tell you what, the other day i went to Ozzfest. i saw three *major* bands who should've delivered, but just didn't. and it made me miss the Smashing Pumpkins so much. sooo fucking much. all i want is for the pumpkins to be back together again. they meant so much to me as i was growing up and seriously just about saved my life more than a few times, as i crawled back from the edge of moronic early teenage suicide.

so don't tell <i>me</i> that i don't know anything about the pumpkins. jesus christ, just because most of us are a lot quicker to point out the underdeveloped plotlines in a story that no one but bored motherfuckers could stay with, or criticize an entire era of music production based on previous ones, or just straight up identify crap as crap doesn't mean that we don't know anything about the pumpkins.

but i will leave if the challenge is met. otherwise you should all be told constantly how much you fucking suck.

yeah, well, bring it. most of us only laugh at your fool ass anyway.

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 09:45 AM
lol .. its amazing how stupid you think billy corgan is. if you are all so much smarter then him.. why arnt you making your own records and millions of dollars? if such a fucked up idiot like him makes crap like machina ... you must be able to make better records that will AT LEAST sell better then machina..

you are a fucking idiot.

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 09:48 AM
if i thought the lead singer of my fav band was as stupid as you keep saying the leader of yours is... they wouldnt be my fav band anymore.. or maybe its just that you dont understand machina or anything that requires thoughts or actual emotions.. fucking pig.

El Savior
07-29-2003, 09:57 AM
memories. i used to do this stuff aaaall the time.

SmashingZeppelins
if i thought the lead singer of my fav band was as stupid as you keep saying the leader of yours is... they wouldnt be my fav band anymore.. or maybe its just that you dont understand machina or anything that requires thoughts or actual emotions.. fucking pig.

Nobody here said Billy was stupid. He just made a sub par album. It happens to the best of them. It doesn't make me think any less of him or the band. Just about every great artist manages to lay a stinky turd at some point during their career. Big fucking deal. Get over yourself bro.

Oh, I almost forgot:

YOU FUCKING IDIOT

Caine Walker
did i ever once say that i thought billy corgan was stupid? no where in there will you find something that states: "billy corgan is stupid." i also never said that he is a fucked up idiot. i personally think that he just made some rash decisions and had a skewed concept of what was going to sell.

i also never said which era was being criticized. some people around here really don't like Adore.

and for the record, i <i>will</i> be making records that sell better than Machina somewhere down the road. and i hope you don't buy it. i would hate for you to find more meaning in it than there really is.

NegativeSleep
07-29-2003, 10:00 AM
see, there you go again, being cold and confrontational. one guy just told you how much the pumpkins mean to him and how big a part of his life they've been, and you proceed to shit all over that and implicitly call all his experiences and feelings meaningless simply because he isn't as particularly gung-ho about the concept of Machina as you are. since when did the pumpkins and their music stop being about feeling and emotion?

SmashingZeppelins
07-29-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by NegativeSleep
since when did the pumpkins and their music stop being about feeling and emotion?

Ever since Marlon Brando solved the Machina Mystery.

O'Doyle Rules
07-29-2003, 10:09 AM

you must be having a great summer :D

killed radio star
07-29-2003, 11:09 AM
otherwise you should all be told constantly how much you fucking suck.

i really do need this. it balances the constant flow of awesomeness from me. you're a trooper, bud.

meow
07-29-2003, 11:28 AM
hey, no one wants to get rid of you because they like laughing at you.

Gpub
07-29-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by meow
hey, no one wants to get rid of you because they like laughing at you.

Yeah...... you worthless whore!

Damn, I love that one.

G.

in stereo
07-29-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Ugly
There’s no way in bloody hell anyone would have the self-respect to jump through hoops for this fucking troll. I argued the pros and cons of MACHINA weeks ago when this cock-smoker first showed up. Right now, the only thing Marlon can do is blow me.

*blocks the fag*

Yes. It's impossible to actually debate anything with this kid, because regardless of how you reply, you'll get the "Fucking idiots" response.

Marlon, if you love Machina, fine. If most of us feel it's mediocre, who cares? Go on with your gay self.

Your Pal,

Joe

mono
07-29-2003, 01:09 PM

hmm, you a fucking idiot.

Boycott Graceland
07-29-2003, 04:16 PM
wasn't the gaddrow supposed to ban him a few days ago?

Desi
07-29-2003, 04:31 PM
Aw, don't go, Marlon. We have something good going on. You're just going to leave me like this? I wish you paid as much attention to me as you do Machina. I'm starting to feel resentful toward that album. One day you're going to come home from work and it'll be GONE. And so wil I.

Boycott Graceland
07-29-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Desi
Aw, don't go, Marlon. We have something good going on. You're just going to leave me like this? I wish you paid as much attention to me as you do Machina. I'm starting to feel resentful toward that album. One day you're going to come home from work and it'll be GONE. And so wil I.
OMG SHE'S GONNA STEAL UR MACHINA

Age Of Empathy
07-29-2003, 05:29 PM
because i've come to terms with the fact that I cant be part of the community of my fav. band on this messageboard cuz almost everyone here doesnt know anything about the pumpkins and doestn really like them.. and its really sad. :(

Alright I haven't posted in one of these threads (I dont think), simply because you really didn't bother me all that much, nor did I give a shit. But if you are not a troll, then you truly are an annoyance. I hate to break it to you, but the majority of "real" fans are all on Netphoria. Nearly all of the Zwan recordings that you love have been spread and/or recorded by Netphorians (ie. quinto, fares, pj, reid, etc.). Many of the 2000 S+P recordings were brought to you by tapers that most of the time post at Netphoria. You'll notice that the infamously large fans such as Asselin and Fresko don't post much anymore, but when they do, the odds are that it is here. The first leak of MSOTS was here. The first clips of the November 2001 Zwan shows were posted here by Roth (I believe). Even the RTS recordings were leaked by Netphorians.

So there are most of the facts, I think most of them are accurate but I could be wrong.

NegativeSleep
07-29-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Age Of Empathy
So there are most of the facts, I think most of them are accurate but I could be wrong.

I think you're confusing netphoria with amsp. True, some of the aforementioned people have posted here at one point or another, but amsp has always lead with late-breaking news and leaks, after which netphoria follows with a bit of lag.

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 07:23 PM
lol 2 pages of posts and NOT ONE PERSON has come forward to try and get rid of me lol netphorians are the biggest followers ive ever seen.. everyone loved machina until a few people said it didnt have enough guitars then slowly over time it became for everyone that 'machina sucks' and that suddenly i guesse billy corgan became really stupid.. i didnt know that could happen to people like billy who arnt on drugs or dont have some kind of condition but apparently netphorians have discovered it to be true! lol.. what a cooincidence that not one person here knows anything about machina or the pumpkins. well you know how to spend lots of money and trade bootlegs.. what that has to do with understanding the songs i really dont know.

neopryn
07-29-2003, 07:26 PM
why would we want to get rid of you, marlon? you're awesome.

and did anyone ever say there weren't enough guitars? cause there's plenty for me.

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 07:27 PM
lol .. when netphorians are actually confronted with getting rid of me by simply finding a small handful who love machina and zwan based on the concepts and meanings.... suddenly it becomes 'no we dont want you to go'. lol you are all a fucking joke :)

if you are all so invidividualistic and its all about personal taste.. what a coincidince taht you all like the pumpkins least mature albums. lol

bonsor
07-29-2003, 07:54 PM
i love billy corgan and everything he has done. i think what people fail to realize that with each album or 'era', billy has gone through a tremendous metamorphosis. 6 official releases (excluding TAFH, which can be considered 5, mini-metamorphosiseseseeses) he has shed his skin, regenerated every cell in his body and become an entirely different person. upon the 7th regeneration, the machina era, god spoke, billy listened and shared the word with us through this maginificent, 15 song masterpiece. you cannot appreciate MACHINA on the same level as the 5 previous albums. you must experience the album on an ethereal level, and you will be one with god (and billy). can anyone say this about any other 'record'? i think not

Injektilo
07-29-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by ******

that was great. now register under four more names...

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 08:09 PM
billy never said god spoke to him. god speaks to glass in the story but thats different. you have failed to show me you understand machina or that you love machina and zwan. good try though.

bonsor
07-29-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Injektilo

that was great. now register under four more names... what? im serious.

neopryn
07-29-2003, 08:11 PM
billy never said god spoke to him. god speaks to glass in the story but thats different. you have failed to show me you understand machina or that you love machina and zwan. good try though. You and your high standards

NegativeSleep
07-29-2003, 08:16 PM
i admire billy corgan and everything that he has accomplished. i believe what people fail to grasp that with each album or 'era', billy has undergone a remarkable metamorphosis. 6 official releases (excluding The Aeroplane Flies High, which can be considered 5, mini-metamorphosi) he has shed his hair, regenerated every hair root in his body and become an entirely different man. upon the 7th regeneration, the machina era, a non-denominational diety spoke, billy listened and shared the word with us through this brilliant, 15 song opus. you cannot understand MACHINA on the same plane as the 5 preceding albums. you must experience the album on an offwordly level, and you will be one with a non-denominational deity (and billy). can anyone say this about any other 'album'? nope!

bonsor
07-29-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by NegativeSleep
i admire billy corgan and everything that he has accomplished. i believe what people fail to grasp that with each album or 'era', billy has undergone a remarkable metamorphosis. 6 official releases (excluding The Aeroplane Flies High, which can be considered 5, mini-metamorphosi) he has shed his hair, regenerated every hair root in his body and become an entirely different man. upon the 7th regeneration, the machina era, a non-denominational diety spoke, billy listened and shared the word with us through this brilliant, 15 song opus. you cannot understand MACHINA on the same plane as the 5 preceding albums. you must experience the album on an offwordly level, and you will be one with a non-denominational deity (and billy). can anyone say this about any other 'album'? nope! this guy has the idea.

DisarmBWBW
07-29-2003, 09:17 PM

Marlon, I've been on this board for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time(i remember when netphoria first started....), and frankly, the people who use this board have changed over the years. You have missed the point of this, because you are trying to criticize people for not appreciating the band exactly how you do. When I look at the Pumpkins, I think of the dreamy sound they had accomplished during the mcis/adore era. But I still appreciate everything, because it is it's own unique sound. Not every fan has to like everything they do, and frankly, if you were on this board in 2000 or before, you would've been reamed for your nonsensical ramblings. You are a troll, very obviously, and you totally get off on being a troll. No, you won't be banned, and I don't really think it'd be right for you to be banned, but maybe you will stop being a jackass to everyone, actually, no, you wont.