View Full Version : ... i really like Declarations of Faith!

Caine Walker
07-28-2003, 09:40 PM
after a lot of zwan blasting i decided to pop the album in again for re-evaluation. really, the only things that stood out for me were this song and a few others.

it seems to really make use of the three guitar formula, good vocal harmonizing, decent lyrics... it's just a straight up sweet song. that is all. :D

Cassius
07-28-2003, 09:55 PM
I dig the dark overtones in a lot of the songs, maybe im reading too far into them.......:)

shaniqua
07-28-2003, 10:21 PM
i love that song.

hupette gros
07-28-2003, 10:58 PM
i really like all the songs on the album, except for ddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrr reeeeeee

granola
07-29-2003, 12:32 AM
Yes! This is my favorite song off MSOTS. It's just so catchy, it rocks, and sounds awesome live. MEOW.

Caine Walker
07-29-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by hupette gros
i really like all the songs on the album, except for ddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrr reeeeeee

what is it about the rest of the songs that you like? more specifically songs like endless summer, baby let's rock, and heartsongs? i straight up can't get into any of these. even worse is "yeah". pbbt. 'splain.

neopryn
07-29-2003, 02:16 AM
I'm going to have to go Brando-style and say I enjoy every song on that album. It's still not up to par with even Machina, but it's pretty solid.

What i like about Heartsong: it sounds '80s, and I dig the echo.
Yeah: the guitar in the **********, especially when it speeds up in the end.
Endless Summer: the solo's awesome, and the bells sound cool, if unseasonal.
Baby, Let's Rock: the overwhelming cheesiness, and it's the heaviest thing Billy's done in a while.

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 02:21 AM
Baby, Let's Rock: the overwhelming cheesiness, and it's the heaviest thing Billy's done in a while.

lol... do you people NEVER care what the songs are about? the only reference you made to the messages zwan is putting out is that baby lets rock is 'cheesy' lol. thats amazing. why do bands even bother with lyrics if you guys dont even care? haha

and its not cheezy its just classic, its like something beatles would have written.. the same fun song but with somewhat dark undertones... 'ive even gone and changed all the locks' etc.

Dead
07-29-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Marlon Brando
lol... do you people NEVER care what the songs are about? the only reference you made to the messages zwan is putting out is that baby lets rock is 'cheesy' lol. thats amazing. why do bands even bother with lyrics if you guys dont even care? haha
I declare myself kicking your ass.

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 02:33 AM
how intelligent. :) typical netphoria you are

neopryn
07-29-2003, 02:38 AM

and its not cheezy its just classic, its like something beatles would have written.. the same fun song but with somewhat dark undertones... 'ive even gone and changed all the locks' etc.
1. I would care what it was about if it wasn't about rainbows and sunshine.

2. There are no "dark undertones" in Baby Let's Rock. Get the fuck over yourself.

3. Learn to quote you fuck.

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 03:11 AM
lol no dark understones in baby lets rock?

"ive even gone and changed all the locks" thats about rainbows and sunshine? haha

"baby im the greatest thing you've got, I should hope" thats abotu rainbows and sunshine? haha

"you can bitch you can cry you can moan, but lets rock"
haha he talks about dropping sparks from a led balloon... obviously its about trying to get a girl into rock but she isnt really buying it. haha

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 03:17 AM
haah you'd care what it was about if it wasnt about rainbows and sunshine. lol that sums up every moronic stupid netphoria fucker in here. you fucking loser.

innocents
07-29-2003, 07:58 AM
YAPYAPYAP HAAH YAPYAPYAPYAP HAHA YAP

http://www.srbphoto.com/srb2/criminally.insane.157.jpg

you need to be institutionalized :(

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 08:12 AM
becuase i explained baby lets rock to someone who didnt understand it? please explain, you stupid fuckface

innocents
07-29-2003, 08:18 AM
well, i'd say it's really the way you tried to explain it (you were talking like a crazy man)

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 08:20 AM
it was crazy that i thought it was stupid he said all zwan is about is rainbows and sunshine?

nothing against rainbows and sunshine...but this guy is a retard
so fuck you too

innocents
07-29-2003, 08:25 AM
it is true that MSOTS is more bright, pop-ish and up beat than that of previous billy corgan works.....maybe that's what he meant

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 08:28 AM
he said:

1. I would care what it was about if it wasn't about rainbows and sunshine.

2. There are no "dark undertones" in Baby Let's Rock. Get the fuck over yourself.

so no, thats not what he meant, you fucking worthless asshole :)

innocents
07-29-2003, 08:32 AM
obviously he was being sarcastic, you know, since it's the netphorian thing to do

DeviousJ
07-29-2003, 08:34 AM
A positive Zwan thread, on netphoria? But but, this clearly contradicts Marlon's First Law! This is impossible!!

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 08:35 AM
you people are complete wasts of air. you should know that.

like i said, the challange is there to get rid of me you fucking assholes.. i hope you die today.

DeviousJ
07-29-2003, 08:48 AM
you people are complete wasts of air. you should know that.

like i said, the challange is there to get rid of me you fucking assholes.. i hope you die today.

Why would we want to get rid of you? You funny.

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 08:50 AM
you people laugh at anything you dont understand.. i guesse thats why you think machina is so silly haha :)

DeviousJ
07-29-2003, 08:54 AM
you people laugh at anything you dont understand.. i guesse thats why you think machina is so silly haha :)

No we get jokes

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 08:56 AM
lol you people don't get the joke that you dont even understand your fav band.

DeviousJ
07-29-2003, 09:03 AM
I'm sorry you didn't win the SD bass, really

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 09:04 AM
sorry you wasted all your time and money on a band you neither know anything about or care about

ava transformer
07-29-2003, 09:14 AM
i really like DOF!! it was my favorite from the first time i heard it.

DeviousJ
07-29-2003, 09:15 AM
sorry you wasted all your time and money on a band you neither know anything about or care about

No problem, 4 out of 5 albums ain't bad. Hell, I don't even *mind* Machina, and they have some great unreleased stuff. I only hope that one day, you can get your head out of your ass long enough to hear and enjoy their other music

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 09:16 AM
ive listend to all their other albums way more then machina cuz they have been around longer... one day you will grow up and understand machina and thats its just as .. if not more amazing then their other works.

BlueStar
07-29-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by shaunna
i love that song.

DeviousJ
07-29-2003, 09:27 AM
ive listend to all their other albums way more then machina cuz they have been around longer... one day you will grow up and understand machina and thats its just as .. if not more amazing then their other works.

No it's not, because Billy's songwriting is weaker across the spread of the album. Several songs which should not have been on there were *******d, or at least lackluster versions. You can jack off over the 'concept' all you like, but there's a reason why great books don't always make great films, why great films don't always make great musicals.

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 09:29 AM
lol you proove that idiots listen to great cd's. haha thats for sure.

the songwriting isnt good on machina? songs that are on it shouldn't be...? based on..... what? sorry they didnt make siamese dream again, but they have integrity.. fucking loser.

Ugly
07-29-2003, 10:01 AM
Its ok, but I'm disappointed cuz the same riff from "Signal This Strong" is used in "Declarations of Faith", and I actually prefer "Signal This Strong" alot more. the first time I heard "Faith" I was in Toronto at the Opera House and they opened up with the riff and I thought they were playing "Signal". Listen to both those tracks back to back, you can tell that DOF is a mutation of Signal.

After I got over that DOF isn't bad (its got a great chorus) but its not as good as the bring down the rock tracks like "Baby, Lets Rock", "Settle Down", "Honestly" or "Yeah!".

Marlon Brando
07-29-2003, 10:03 AM
lol ugly, typical netphorian.. take a post about someoen who likes a perticular song and turn it into...well, you dont like it as much..blah blah blah.. or.. its the same riff but not as good as .. blah blah blah

fucking loser.

Caine Walker
07-29-2003, 10:13 AM
Marlon Brando, get thee out of my thread! no one likes poopy pants!

Toby
07-29-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by shaunna
i love that song.

DeviousJ
07-29-2003, 04:36 PM
lol ugly, typical netphorian.. take a post about someoen who likes a perticular song and turn it into...well, you dont like it as much..blah blah blah.. or.. its the same riff but not as good as .. blah blah blah

fucking loser.

Wow, suddenly my sig works for another netphorian. Good job