View Full Version : webpage input please

STRTG
07-28-2003, 03:05 PM
hey Netphoria,

If you could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Can you guys check out my redone webpage at www.geocities.com/purgatory_pleasure and tell me what you think!!! Whether I need something else (and please give suggestions) or what needs done!!

Thanks!!!

DeviousJ
07-28-2003, 03:29 PM
I think you need a new webhost!

STRTG
07-28-2003, 03:37 PM
yeah, I know.....it's Set the Ray to Greg.......kind of a tribute to a great song

STRTG
07-28-2003, 03:38 PM
can you recommend any good hosts devious J??

Dead
07-28-2003, 03:44 PM
I would suggest changing the whole "Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!" aspect of it.

STRTG
07-28-2003, 03:49 PM
well thanks for that...............................especially since it works just fine ;)

DeviousJ
07-28-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by STRTG
well thanks for that...............................especially since it works just fine ;)

Well it does NOW.

EDIT: LOL. Animated gifs for the sake of it?

Oh, I clicked the APC graphic first, because it looks like the focus of the site. You might want to make the other more prominent. The site doesn't have much structure - you might want to make a navigatoin bar in photoshop or something. And what the hell is that tiling back<gf>ground in the images section? And your site doesn't really do anything other sites don't already do, possibly besides the gif section. I think you need more (original) content

STRTG
07-28-2003, 04:01 PM
that's what I was thinking too!! I know that the animated gifs page was something that would bring some traffic to the site and provide an alternative to other sites. I got that about 2 years ago when I asked the oboard. I thought I'd try again to get some original ideas and suggestions by trying Netphoria and the Uboard this time

and yes, I think I will change the first page, I thought the APC would be too prominent.....Thank you for that :) Greatly appreciated

Ihaman
07-28-2003, 04:15 PM
Yahoo!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.
Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.
http://www.geocities.com/purgatory_pleasure

Need extra data transfer? Sign up for GeoCities Pro or Webmaster. Learn more.

Search Yahoo! GeoCities

advanced search
Build Your Own Web Site...
With Yahoo! GeoCities, anyone can build a great web site...for free!

Learn more...

ADVERTISEMENT

Try it now and see how it works.

Address Book Alerts Auctions Bill Pay Bookmarks Briefcase Broadcast Calendar Chat Classifieds Clubs Companion Experts Games Greetings Home Pages Invites Mail Maps Member Directory Messenger My Yahoo! News PayDirect People Search Personals Photos Shopping Sports Stock Quotes TV Travel Weather Yahooligans Yellow Pages more...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright 2001 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
NOTICE: We collect personal information on this site. To learn more about how we use your information, see our Yahoo Privacy Policy

Dead
07-28-2003, 09:52 PM
10 / 10

chsllama
07-29-2003, 03:21 AM
http://www.somethingawful.com/cliff/ihateyou/page-243/image-3.jpg

STRTG
07-29-2003, 10:14 AM
well how about that????

I can guarantee that my site is 100% free of any transvestites if that counts for original pumpkins content.

any more suggestions netphoria??

STRTG
07-29-2003, 12:30 PM
well, a new link to Netphoria has been put up, that should be pleasing :)

STRTG
07-29-2003, 02:55 PM
the only thing that comes even close to a transvestite on my site is some pictures of those promo pictures of the Pumpkins back in the day

Ihaman
07-29-2003, 02:57 PM
why is it free of transvestites?

STRTG
07-29-2003, 03:10 PM
well, it's not like I won't let transvestites come to my site, they're more than welcome................

just not to post pictures of their genitals...........

STRTG
07-29-2003, 03:12 PM
anyways, back to my site please Netphoria!!!

http://www.geocities.com/purgatory_pleasure

any suggestions? likes? dislikes??

things I could add or improve on??? things to remove???

Ihaman
07-29-2003, 03:41 PM
well it's infintely better than my first webpage, so i applaud you for that.

but here are some things i noticed
color scheme: black back<i></i>ground dosent do it for me, especially with the red text, im not digging the color scheme at all...and none of the fonts really compliment each other, use a sans-serif font, verdana perhaps.

navigation: almost near impossible because of the animated gifs running rampid...you dont need a premade graphic for everything dear, especially because the way my eye flows over the webpage, all i see "sign my guestbook view my guestbook", tone that down.

i dont even know...never mind, the webpage is horrible, keep trying. (i mean that in the best way possible)

Ihaman
07-29-2003, 03:48 PM
HAHAHAHA, that spinning SP heart graphic, i made that like 8 years ago!!! HAHAHAAHAHAHA, omigod *blast from the past*

STRTG
07-29-2003, 03:49 PM
no need to worry about the negativity, I really do appreciate it!! Thank you for being honest!! Most of the time, I get comments like "great site" or "nice job" and that does nothing to help me.

I'm still learning most of the html coding and I needed suggestions of how to better everything so that I could have something to strive towards!!

Thank you again for your input Ihaman, I am very greatful!!

twilightfadez
07-29-2003, 04:10 PM
well honestly, design wise i don't think it's very strong. i would suggest get getting out of frames once and for all.
also unify the back.grounds, meaning create one basic template that you can use for every single page in the site.
also make a button for "home" so people can always go back to the start.
try using photoshop to create your own graphics for the site...and stay away from those animated gifs you have at the bottom (the monkey and the little animal)
and the sp animated gifs are ok, but this really isn't the only page out there with them, just so you know
well thats my 2 cents

Dead
07-30-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by STRTG
well, it's not like I won't let transvestites come to my site, they're more than welcome................

just not to post pictures of their genitals...........
I would be interested in the 'non-transexual genitals' theme.

STRTG
08-01-2003, 09:33 AM
yeah, the back grounds will be changed to something uniform in the near future, and I'm working on the home button thing.

the non-transexual genitals theme is always in effect

the animated gifs apart from the sp gifs page will also be cut down

edit - LOL why do they star out back grounds when it's written as one word???? that's ****ing hilarious!!!

Ihaman
08-01-2003, 11:42 PM
so we don't change the back<i></i>ground of netphoria

STRTG
08-02-2003, 12:33 AM
LOL thank you :)

STRTG
08-05-2003, 11:58 AM
so I've changed the text a little bit, still have to change the font....but does the colour help now??? instead of red??

and does the new format of the links page help??

twilightfadez
08-05-2003, 12:20 PM
yes, much better with the black back.ground

STRTG
08-05-2003, 02:40 PM
and the white text isn't too much of a contrast now???