View Full Version : Anyone going to D-Plan's final show tonite?

Netphorian Gadabout
07-28-2003, 12:47 PM
Taping?

killed radio star
07-28-2003, 12:52 PM
:(

sarmatianus
07-31-2003, 03:19 AM
I got a SBD, and at least two others also split the signal with me. Also did an on-stage VID. There was a semi-professional video crew there as well, though not officially commissioned by the band. And I think some people were taping with home camcorders from the audience. So a recording will get out sooner or later.

It was so fucking wet - the rain was merciless for about 45 minutes or so. All my clothes were 100% soaked and my feet were swimming in my shoes. My socks are still drying out. So they waited the rain out and the set was only about an hour. Luckily, they promised a final final concert in a DC club at a time and place to be announced, roughly 6 weeks or so from now. Joe told me it wouldn't be too into September, since he's already back in school.

As for the concert itself, it rocked out quite well. Maybe it was because I was next to the stage monitors all night without earplugs, but I felt like they were playing with energy I hadn't seen since they played the Ottobar in May 2002. And Travis brought out the trombone for a pounding "One Too Many Blows to the Head".

Setlist - (yes, only one hour long)

The City
Girl O'Clock
Ice of Boston
What Do You Want Me to Say
Academy Award
Do the Standing Still
Following Through
Time Bomb
Dismemberment Plan Gets Rich
Face of the Earth
You Are Invited > Your Song [Elton John] (tease)
Gyroscope
One Too Many Blows to the Head
OK, Joke's Over > numerous teases

Netphorian Gadabout
07-31-2003, 09:34 AM
I was so freaking disappointed by the set only being an hour. I hope the FINAL FINAL FINAL show is in September.

And at 9:30 club.