View Full Version : Anyone know how to create that fade-in effect from Silverfuck?


Reyngel
07-27-2003, 11:33 PM
You know, during the "bang-band you're dead," part... it's like the audio fades in or something. Is there a program that can do that for me?

killed radio star
07-27-2003, 11:44 PM
i dunno, try searching for "reverse echo" on google or something.

Mason R Butler
07-27-2003, 11:45 PM
Sure. In your audio editor, reverse the sound that you want to add reverb to. Add the reverb and then flip the sound forward. It's just that easy.

bonsor
07-28-2003, 12:10 AM
Record
reverse
add reverb
reverse again.

i hate you mason.

Reyngel
07-28-2003, 12:32 AM
Hmm. Thanks... I'll give it a try. :)

Mason R Butler
07-28-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by ******
Record
reverse
add reverb
reverse again.

i hate you mason.
At least I didn't just send him to the SP FAQ or something.

mosquitoboy
07-28-2003, 02:50 AM
you answered your question in the question........

use the fade in effect on a sequencer

Mason R Butler
07-28-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by mosquitoboy
you answered your question in the question........

use the fade in effect on a sequencer
No.

Reyngel
07-28-2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by mosquitoboy
you answered your question in the question........

use the fade in effect on a sequencer

Yeah, that wouldn't work. I haven't tried the reverse, reverb, re-reverse thing yet, but as I was driving around tonight, I thought about that process and what it would do, and it seems right on. I'm guessing the reverb would make the end(beginning) of the sound clip "echo," and then when you reverse it, that echo acts as a fade-in to the clip. Am I right?

I'll try it tomorrow.

DeviousJ
07-28-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by mosquitoboy
you answered your question in the question........

use the fade in effect on a sequencer


No no no, you take this one here, you move it over here, then you take this here and put that over there, and then you turn it upside down and run the whole thing backwards.

jczeroman
07-28-2003, 04:28 PM
e-mail billy:

bcorgan@zwan.com

DeadOpera
07-28-2003, 04:34 PM
isn't there a tool song that does the same thing?
im not a huge tool fan so i cant remember the name of the song.

Thoughtless
07-28-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Reyngel


Yeah, that wouldn't work. I haven't tried the reverse, reverb, re-reverse thing yet, but as I was driving around tonight, I thought about that process and what it would do, and it seems right on. I'm guessing the reverb would make the end(beginning) of the sound clip "echo," and then when you reverse it, that echo acts as a fade-in to the clip. Am I right?

I'll try it tomorrow.


yeah, you've got the right idea. the reverb fades in.

Thoughtless
07-28-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by DeviousJ



No no no, you take this one here, you move it over here, then you take this here and put that over there, and then you turn it upside down and run the whole thing backwards.


and you have to run everything through the mu-tron biphase, OR IT JUST WON'T WORK.

MstrGhost
07-28-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by DeadOpera
isn't there a tool song that does the same thing?
im not a huge tool fan so i cant remember the name of the song.

Maybe between in parabol/parabola.

A volume pedal (as in a double wah) would help too, not for the SAME but in a live situation...