View Full Version : you're favorite song of all time?

Ihaman
07-27-2003, 02:35 AM
pumpkins, of course.

tossup between glynis and drown.

bornentertainer
07-27-2003, 03:15 AM
It's so hard to pick a favorite song out of a couple hundred, ya know? I will be an asshole and do mine by album.

Gish: Bury Me
Siamese Dream: Cherub Rock
Pisces: Plume
Mellon Collie: Thru the Eyes of Ruby
Adore: Crestfallen
Machina: Stand Inside Your Love

Spaceboy88
07-27-2003, 03:26 AM
Gish: "Crush"
SD: "Soma"
PI: "La Dolly Vita"
MCIS: "Thru the Eyes of Ruby"
Adore: "Shame"
Machina: "Wound"
Mahina II: "Home"

Tessellation
07-27-2003, 03:37 AM
annie dog (seriously, I love it. such a beautiful, spare song)

runners-up: obscured; age of innocence, cash car star (heavier one), eye, cherub rock, BWBW(video still gives me goosebumps)

Reyngel
07-27-2003, 03:43 AM
I can't decide between For Martha and Thru The Eyes of Ruby, especially since it's so hard to compare the two.

killed radio star
07-27-2003, 03:49 AM
um, obscured. no contest.

Palace Palace
07-27-2003, 03:51 AM
Bodies.

Ihaman
07-27-2003, 04:01 AM
<font size="22" color="RED">I SAID PICK YOUR FAVORITE SONG IDIOTS, NOT PICK YOUR FAVORITE SONG FROM EACH ALBUM YOU TWATS CANNOT FOLLOW SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS I LOATHE THE DAY YOU TAKE THE S.A.T. COURSE GO TO HELL, DIE</font>

Dead
07-27-2003, 04:13 AM
I don't now so I'll just say Mayonaise cause it comes to mind. Awesome song.

AND LEARN TO FOLLOW ORDERS YOU DAMN BITCHES@!@!!

Reyngel
07-27-2003, 05:32 AM
lol, only two people did the "song from each album" thing.

Marlon Brando
07-27-2003, 05:54 AM
American Pie by Don MacLean.. its all in their.... buddy holly, vietnam, JFK, marlon brando, bob dylan, Nixon, drugs, Kubrick, ... and America. my fav of all songs.

mono
07-27-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Ihaman
pumpkins, of course.

Originally posted by Marlon Brando
American Pie by Don MacLean.. its all in their.... buddy holly, vietnam, JFK, marlon brando, bob dylan, Nixon, drugs, Kubrick, ... and America. my fav of all songs.

Are you illiterate or just plain fucking dumb, Marlon?

Marlon Brando
07-27-2003, 07:01 AM
he didnt say pumpkins in the title... and then in his message he said pumpkins of course, which i thought was referring to HIS choice of course would be something from the pumpkins. his questions should be more clear.. ussually when someone asks me what my fav song is i will answer, not having to guesse if they mean by what band.

Marlon Brando
07-27-2003, 07:13 AM
in that case its glass and the ghost children... glass doing a complete 180 from zero... i want to live dont want to die... and speaking to me, one of the ghost children, dna is reaching out to my frequency... a song of hope and triumph as glass saves june and asks us to believe in him cuz god is with him..and then his over rightiousness leads to junes death.. .. and the song becomes dark and cold as he laments june's death, the one he had pined for his whole life is gone... realizing she was too far gone.. too many spiders had crawled up inside her, she had wasted her soul with drugs and whoring in an effort to escape her emptiness.... and he was foolish to think he could have saved her... to me thats my fav pumpkins song and as a pumpkins fan its very personal and revealing of both the machines of god and myself.

also age of innocence for the way the end is unflinchingly delivered to me by someone obviously stronger then I .. who can handle the end, who has come to a greater understanding.... wheras i as the ghost children are left to try and reach that same level of acceptence...to be able to destroy all fears and sentimentality and away with everything that holds me safe... in order to live for the moment and future and to no longer be held back by past abuses towards me. glass and the ghost children is the best song but age of innocence is one too painfull and too hard to listen to me that i often cant without being hurt the rest of the day... because im not strong enough to get through my troubles the way glass was... and it rememinds me of that.

so maybe cuz its so goodi cant even listen to it.. that age of innocence is my fav. ever.

Glare Seethe
07-27-2003, 07:15 AM
Porcelina.

Johnny_Swallow
07-27-2003, 09:10 AM
But how can I pick 'you're' favorite song?

Toby
07-27-2003, 10:12 AM
Wound or Obscured....it is a tough choice :(

shaniqua
07-27-2003, 11:02 AM
soma, no contest.

The Pantsmaster
07-27-2003, 11:42 AM
Here is No Why

pale blue eyes
07-27-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by shaunna
soma, no contest.

Everything I love about the Pumpkins is i ncluded in that one single song.

sarasvati
07-27-2003, 12:26 PM
I might just have to agree and say soma. i have noooo idea though, really... too many songs to choose from.

Dead
07-27-2003, 12:48 PM
If you were really a true fan of The Smashing Pumpkins your favorite song would be a Smashing Pumpkins song. Billy went to a lot of work making their albums and you're insulting him with your immature choice of favorite song,. You just can't seem to grasp the meaning of this. You need to get your priorities straight, you fucking idiot. I can only imagine what would Glass would think of this. :rolleyes:

Nothing/everything
07-27-2003, 01:00 PM
Hummer

Toby
07-27-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Nothing/everything
Hummer damn. thats an awesome too, as is Soma. There truly are so many I can't pick just one.

Ihaman
07-27-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Johnny_Swallow
But how can I pick 'you're' favorite song?

shut up

twilightfadez
07-27-2003, 03:51 PM
i am one, 1979, starla

twilightfadez
07-27-2003, 03:52 PM
also there it goes

Starchildren
07-27-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by killed radio star
um, obscured. no contest.

Ihaman
07-27-2003, 04:06 PM
he didnt say pumpkins in the title... and then in his message he said pumpkins of course, which i thought was referring to HIS choice of course would be something from the pumpkins. his questions should be more clear.. ussually when someone asks me what my fav song is i will answer, not having to guesse if they mean by what band.

<font size="22" color="red"><b>WHY WOULD I POST IT IN THE SMASHING PUMPKINS BOARD AND NOT THE MUSIC BOARD IF I DIDNT WANT TO KNOW YOUR FAVORITE PUMPKINS SONG USE COMMON SENSE MORON</b></font>

Eulogy
07-27-2003, 04:50 PM
Oh shit. This will take some thinking.

I'll have to pick from Bury Me, Hummer, Soma, Set the Ray to Jerry, Obscured, Behold! The Nightmare, Age of Innocence, Stand Inside Your Love, and Home.

Hoo boy. Um.

I guess Soma. But it's close.

Reyngel
07-27-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Dead

If you were really a true fan of The Smashing Pumpkins your favorite song would be a Smashing Pumpkins song. Billy went to a lot of work making their albums and you're insulting him with your immature choice of favorite song,. You just can't seem to grasp the meaning of this. You need to get your priorities straight, you fucking idiot. I can only imagine what would Glass would think of this. :rolleyes:

lol!

Byron Moreno
07-27-2003, 05:20 PM
"Soma".

Gary
07-27-2003, 05:35 PM
Mayonaise

Crono
07-27-2003, 06:09 PM
TO SHEILA!!!!!! :):D

DeadOpera
07-27-2003, 06:46 PM
I really dont have an all time favorite, but i would have to say for now There It Goes... or Geek U.S.A

Tessellation
07-27-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Dead

That's ridiculous. My favorite songs of all time are from the Stone Roses, Kate Bush, and Scott Cossu, but I fell head-over-heels in love w. the Pumpkins, too. absolute devotion to only one musical artist is a quirk of someone with an obsession and no life.

ZephZero33
07-27-2003, 08:54 PM
Mayonaise.

Reyngel
07-27-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Tessellation

That's ridiculous. My favorite songs of all time are from the Stone Roses, Kate Bush, and Scott Cossu, but I fell head-over-heels in love w. the Pumpkins, too. absolute devotion to only one musical artist is a quirk of someone with an obsession and no life.

You do realize he was being sarcastic, don't you? lol

hupette gros
07-27-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Tessellation

dude, you're a fuckface!

jczeroman
07-27-2003, 10:28 PM
soma?... thru the eyes of ruby?... soma?... ruby?... soma?... ruby?soma..?ruby..?soma..?ruby..?soma.?ruby.?soma. ?ruby.?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?soma?ruby?som a?ruby?soma?ruby?

Thru the eyes of Ruby

(i will be naming my first girl "ruby", "lily" if she has red hair)

Enzed
07-27-2003, 10:34 PM
Either Soma (studio), or Thru the Eyes Of Ruby (live, around 1997)

Ihaman
07-28-2003, 01:49 AM
yeah, i wanna say this arising version blue skies bring tears, but i've completely forgotton the date, and all of my bootlegs are a muck.

but my god the guitar solo makes my teeth wince and my nose scrunch up...it sounds like a loud soulful wonderful screaming noise...it's absolutely fantastic.
and i'll never hear it again, unless somehow all of my bootlegs show up.

sphere
07-28-2003, 02:42 AM

Dead
07-28-2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by hupette gros
dude, you're a fuckface!
I salute this post. :p

Reyngel
07-28-2003, 04:07 AM
Okay, I finally made a decision between Ruby and Martha. And I think Ruby is my favorite SP song of all time. However, if that soothing part at the end wasn't there, I'd have to say Martha. One thing I love about Smashing Pumpkins songs is their incredible ability to be loud and distorted and ugly one minute, and then quiet and controlled and beautiful the next. Martha does a great job of doing that, with that beautiful grand piano leading up to those layers of electric guitar, and then falling back into that peaceful reversed-track riff. But I think Ruby, overall, is just... cooler.

One of my friends thinks that the intro to Ruby is the best intro of any song he as ever heard, and SP isn't even his favorite band. :)

smashingjj
07-28-2003, 09:20 AM
For Martha

ava transformer
07-28-2003, 09:32 AM
i'm gonns have to say "Apathy's Last Kiss"

Netphorian Gadabout
07-28-2003, 10:23 AM
Pennies, although Try Try Try (alt.) might be a close second.

Ghetto_Squirrel
07-28-2003, 07:43 PM
Eye

palidor
07-28-2003, 09:13 PM
My are favorite song of all time is The Last Song.

oclaftap
07-28-2003, 09:34 PM
tonite, tonite

James is Cool
07-29-2003, 01:02 AM
In the Arms of Sleep

jczeroman
07-29-2003, 11:55 AM
Thru the Eyes Of Ruby (live, around 1997)

I like the 1996 versions better

neopryn
07-29-2003, 03:19 PM
Only one of you fucks has said Porcelina. You dumb fucks.

STRTG
07-29-2003, 03:33 PM
by far, Porcelina of the Vast Oceans

Gpub
07-29-2003, 03:40 PM
Too many, but set the ray to Jerry is a pleaser.

G.

eraserhead
07-29-2003, 10:23 PM
RUBY

when i finally realized the beauty of this song i listened to it seven times straight and then i just kept on listening to it for the rest of the week. holy sweet goddamn.

oui henri
07-31-2003, 01:58 PM
i can't pick so i won't

creutzfeld
08-01-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Phreak

Everything I love about the Pumpkins is i ncluded in that one single song.

Yeah, right. That was one of billy's greatest ideas. He wrote it on acid (just like the whole SD album), didn't he?

My favourite song is still 'Drown', but in the eight-minutes-version. A perfect riff, a perfect feedback, perfect lyrics, a perfect song!

Age Of Empathy
08-01-2003, 05:48 PM
Silverfuck ... it's a TSP epic. It's been completely in the Pumpkins catalog for years and kept evolving.

MstrGhost
08-04-2003, 11:01 PM
bodies, and tafh very close

(among there it goes, apathy's, itaos, ruby, soma... :x )

granola
08-04-2003, 11:06 PM
Soma

Dead
08-05-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Pumpkins23836
Pennies
http://www.emotioneric.com/a-ok.jpg

np: 365

in stereo
08-05-2003, 11:06 AM
set the ray to jerry.

Kimaira 51
08-05-2003, 12:58 PM
As my name implies, it would have to be Kimaira 51 (MCIS Demo).

jczeroman
08-05-2003, 01:54 PM
"you are favorite song of all time"

ihaman? you a jap or something?

Dead
08-06-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Kimaira 51
As my name implies, it would have to be Kimaira 51 (MCIS Demo).
YOUR ARE A MORAN! :noway:

Nova
08-06-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Ihaman
<font size="22" color="RED">I SAID PICK YOUR FAVORITE SONG IDIOTS, NOT PICK YOUR FAVORITE SONG FROM EACH ALBUM YOU TWATS CANNOT FOLLOW SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS I LOATHE THE DAY YOU TAKE THE S.A.T. COURSE GO TO HELL, DIE</font> http://www.ezboard.com/image/emoticons_classic/laugh.gif Oh my god that shit's hilarious.

Salem
08-07-2003, 03:48 AM
Gish: Siva/Rhino
SD: Hummer
MCIS: Of the moment? Galapogos.
Adore: For Martha/To Sheila
Machina: Stand Inside Your Love
F&EOMM: Cash Car Star

Kimaira 51
08-08-2003, 10:01 PM
Why am I a moran? :D

TotalZero
08-09-2003, 12:26 PM
When I was in high school, I knew this dude named Brian Moran ... We'd call him Brian Moron as a joke.... learn to spell moron!!

Favorite song:

Today... Siamese Dream/studio version. It has emotional ties to the death of my Grandmother.

-Michael

Kimaira 51
08-10-2003, 06:19 PM
TotalZero, you're a total dumbass; I was being sarcastic. Perhaps you should reread the threads before making stupid comments.

paranoid
08-10-2003, 07:08 PM
Shame

but i hate to exclude Jimmy -- so... for my angsty side, XYU.

tonite2nite
08-11-2003, 11:40 AM
Where to begin? Well, basically i like every single goddamn song. I havea favorite song on every album but my alltime favorite song is can anybody guess Tonight,Tonight.