View Full Version : Leaving for a Perfect Circle tonight!

mosquitoboy
07-24-2003, 10:43 PM
yes...i will post later tonight

Ugly
07-24-2003, 10:44 PM
izzish the first show w/ Jameyz?

Boycott Graceland
07-24-2003, 10:52 PM
request "summer."

El Savior
07-25-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Boycott Graceland
request "summer."

james is playing for APC. if james asked howerdel or maynard to join his band they prolly would've laughed at him.

mosquitoboy
07-25-2003, 05:37 AM
ok...heres how it went....

they played a sound stage in burbank, CA called "Center Stage" off of Hollywood Way.

The show was very strict invite only. there was about 200 (maybe) people. James plays in the upper left hand corner back Maynard is in the middle upper part back and josh freeze is on the right upper . Twiggy (Jordy White) is in the front and Billy is in the front so they kind of form a star in a way....its pretty cool looking. The lights are all simple but look pretty badass. Its produced really well. They played 5 new songs plus a bunch of older songs. James seriously fits this band. he looked kickass up there tonight. Billy told me after the show that James has only practiced with the band for the past 11 days. All of Tool except Justin were there to partake. The new songs they played were Pet, The Weak and Powerless, The Package, The outsider and the Failure cover, something "Nurse". They played Hollow, magdalena,orestes, rose, thinking of you, thomas, & Judith. i might be forgeting sleeping beauty...

so i thought id update this to let you know what the show was. Billy said something about a show tomorrow in Colorado but im sure he was talking about the 26th.

James looks very well and very lost...hehe... as always... Maynard let him tell a joke. It was hilarious....and after James told the joke about meeting a bear here in Hollywood, maynard sarcastically said "chicago". that was really funny. Maynard would read a section out of a book he called "the book of seinfeld" in between songs.

anyways im going to bed...goodnight and have fun at the rest of the shows.

Scott

shaniqua
07-25-2003, 09:54 AM
hay anyone who sees james tell him i say hi and make sure to ask him about his own music, k? i can't afford to go to detroit and a perfect circle are boring.

Junebug
07-25-2003, 10:41 AM
sounds like fun. Gosh dang it I wish I could be going to their show on the 28th. arrrrrrrrgh. Do you remember the joke James told? How was the crowd?

palidor
07-25-2003, 11:13 AM
how long was the show? any encores?

JHeibel
07-25-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by mosquitoboy
...and the Failure cover, something "Nurse".

How did this sound? Are you familiar with the Failure version?

mosquitoboy
07-25-2003, 12:24 PM
ill repost more about the show later i have to go to work....i will entertain all the questions about the show...it was amazing...

scott

Electron52
07-25-2003, 02:14 PM
yah. im not really a apc fan, but i'd love to hear them do a failure song. That guy Troy from APC (is he still in the band?) was a member of Failure toward the end. He didnt make it onto any of the Failure albums.

bonsor
07-25-2003, 04:01 PM
I'm imagining James to have that expression on his face that he always does. One of slight disgust and confusion. I always find it funny if I imagine him thinking to himself "i don't know who these people are or where the hell i am, but somehow, i know what to do" while just kind of staring at what his hands are doing.

Did he provide any ebow soundscapes?

ZephZero33
07-25-2003, 04:36 PM
Im mad I cant see them in detroit.

JHeibel
07-25-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Electron52
That guy Troy from APC (is he still in the band?) was a member of Failure toward the end. He didnt make it onto any of the Failure albums.

No, James took his place. Troy is touring with QOTSA.

mosquitoboy
07-26-2003, 02:13 AM
ok... ill answer the questions in order....

1. James' Joke....."Well.... i moved out to california and i was walking around the streets of LA..... i came across a bear and i said hello....the bear said hi would you like to be my friend...sure i would love to be your friend. .." something of that sort and then Maynard said "chicago" a few seconds after all the laughter.

2. The crowd was all friends and family of the band. All of Tool except Justin, Buzz Osbourne, the Vandals, the two guys from No Doubt that play the horns and keyboard and misc. others. Maybe 200 people ....thats probably stretching it... very spread out and about 10 feet from the stage...very chill... it was great !

3. The show was about 12 songs long... a good hour and probably10-15 min.. no encores....

4. The Failure song was pretty cool... pretty obscure to everything else they played that night. No im not familiar with the original. Ill Tell you one thing... The Package and The outsider is some of the best music i have ever heard.... SOOOO inTENSE! I actually missed the first couple songs so i will not comment on the Pet or the Weak and powerless.

5. Troy is not in the band anymore.... That is who James is taking place of.... James is definitely better....James was kickass... he played some really good riffs in the songs and after being in the band for only 11 days i thought it was amazing. James did do some sound effect type riffs but he was playing alot of the rocking riffs also....

Let me just say... that this band has one of the most incredible sounds live.....The last part of orestes last night was insane... the sound quality of that place and the band was perfect....no one was covered up by anyone else. Anyways ive ranted and bragged way too much already... You guys have a great time at all the shows... they are really looking forward to playing them.

Scott

PS - Yes, maynard has a red long haired wig that had 2 pony tails

bonsor
07-26-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by JHeibel
Troy is touring with QOTSA. i thought that 2as him.,

NegativeSleep
07-26-2003, 01:57 PM
PS - Yes, maynard has a red long haired wig that had 2 pony tails

I'm waiting for the return of the lumberjack outfit.

Zwan
07-26-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by shaunna
and a perfect circle are boring.

Fattening Ass
07-27-2003, 04:31 AM
apc > zwan

Reyngel
07-27-2003, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by Fattening Ass
apc > zwan

* > Zwan

Junebug
07-27-2003, 12:44 PM

1. James' Joke....."Well.... i moved out to california and i was walking around the streets of LA..... i came across a bear and i said hello....the bear said hi would you like to be my friend...sure i would love to be your friend. .." something of that sort and then Maynard said "chicago" a few seconds after all the laughter.

Let me just say... that this band has one of the most incredible sounds live.....The last part of orestes last night was insane... the sound quality of that place and the band was perfect....no one was covered up by anyone else. Anyways ive ranted and bragged way too much already... You guys have a great time at all the shows... they are really looking forward to playing them.

aahahah James James James. Gosh dang it I should really go to this show. So how many tickets were actually on sale, since it was mostly friends/family?

twilightfadez
07-27-2003, 01:41 PM
hmmmm now that i think of it no one can play violin!!!!!! :*(

mosquitoboy
07-27-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Junebug

aahahah James James James. Gosh dang it I should really go to this show. So how many tickets were actually on sale, since it was mostly friends/family?

no tickets...it was a sound stage, not a club...just a list

Example
07-29-2003, 08:19 AM
I'm surprised no one has asked the really important question, what was he wearing???

mosquitoboy
07-29-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Example
I'm surprised no one has asked the really important question, what was he wearing???

pants, a button up shirt and ......shoes

thanx for the question!

JHeibel
07-29-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Example

At the Dallas show he was wearing a black long sleeved button up shirt and black slacks. His hair was fairly short, a la Siamese Dream/Lollapalooza era. After the show he came out and signed a few autographs. Tonight I'll post a picture of my signed ticket stub.

iciclegirl
07-29-2003, 05:52 PM
james was awesome last night. he was wearing all black with white and black checkered converse. he came out after the show and everyone started screaming his name, he looked a little startled at first. he came over and signed a few autographs in the right hand corner where we were standing and then took off. he didn't go by everyone, just the people on the right.

he seemed to be enjoying himself and moving around quite a bit during the show...he was even drinking a beer. he appeared to be a little nervous at first, especially while telling his joke...but after that he seemed fine.

it was really cool to see him back in action though. i tried asking him if this was a permanent thing but he didn't answer because everyone else was screaming at him. i hope it is...

~danie

pumpkinxyu
07-29-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by iciclegirl
he came out after the show and everyone started screaming his name, he looked a little startled at first. he came over and signed a few autographs in the right hand corner where we were standing and then took off. he didn't go by everyone, just the people on the right.

what was everyone getting signed? i have james' autograph on a couple of pumpkin things, and that seems like it might be a little weird for him, so i was gonna bring Let It Come Down to the atlanta show tomorrow. i want james to know that i'm a troo fan. maybe i should bring the LICD jap import or the Be Strong Now UK single. he might be amused. or better yet, maybe i should bring Mary Star of the Sea! come on james, have a sense of humor.

bonsor
07-29-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by pumpkinxyu
maybe i should bring Mary Star of the Sea! this is not only the best option, but the only option.

JHeibel
07-29-2003, 10:37 PM
Hopefully this works, here's my APC ticket stub signed by James.