View Full Version : Name that guitar!!!

liquid slide
07-23-2003, 01:54 AM
anyone know what the pink one is, that Billy plays in the 1979 video? i'm trying to re-do my strat with an inbiult Digital Delay pedal behind the pickup and i like that colour, so any ideas what model/colour it is? tack.

Diamond Dream
07-23-2003, 04:16 AM
pink... or red? I remember it being red.. hum

jukeboxphuckup
07-23-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by liquid slide
anyone know what the pink one is, that Billy plays in the 1979 video? i'm trying to re-do my strat with an inbiult Digital Delay pedal behind the pickup and i like that colour, so any ideas what model/colour it is? tack.

What delay pedal are you using, or are you building your own? Are you putting it in the body of the guitar or just attaching it to the surface behind the bridge?

liquid slide
07-23-2003, 11:28 AM
maybe i'm wrong about the colour, but i love the guitar and wondered if anyone knew what model it was.

as for my guitar, i'm going to disassemble the pedal, take out my middle pickup (and put the pedal circuitry there), and run the signal from the bridge pickup thru it. the signal will then go out a second input at the bottom of the guitar. i'm going to get a new pick guard and drill holes so that the knobs stil out, just underneath the strings, so i can adjust the mix/level etc. to get those jonny greenwood kind of solos. maybe it's been done before but i still think it's a fucking cool idea, so i can actually control the delay while playing, as well as putting out a delay signal and a clean signal at the same time. the actual pedal i'll be using will probably be a DD-3, because i know that more than the DD-6, and i'm going to extend the wiring so i can change the battery thru a little hole in the back of the guitar. but i want to change the colour of the guitar from simple red to something else, either silver or salmon.