View Full Version : the official 2 cd track listing for TAFH from japanese import

tristessa
07-23-2003, 12:33 AM
i bought this last summer in new york and its an official japanese import from virgin records of TAFH on 2 cds. it has a special insert in the sleeve with everything written in japanese except 'the samshing pumpkins' and the track listings, both in the mcis font, and the virgin logo. the special insert is thin purple cardboard with a bar code and a price that seems to be in japanese currency (theres three characters then 2,520) and its made to be folded and made into the side sleeve to be seen on a cd rack. on the narrow part is the virgin logo again and probaby 'the aeroplane flies high' in japanese. i was wondering if anyone else has this, and thought i could help people trying to figure out how to order their songs onto 2 cds. hope this can help or maybe be of some interest.

cd one
1. thirty three
2. the last sons
3. the aeroplene flies high
4. transformer
5. the bells
6. my blue heaven
7. meladori magpie
8. rotten apples
9. jupiter's lament
10. medellia of the gray skies
11. blank
12. tonite reprise
13. god
14. mouth of babes
15. tribute to johnny
16. marquis in spades
17. pennies
18. said sadly
19. youre all ive got tonight
20. clones (were all)
21. a night like this

cd two
1. destination unknown
2. dreaming
3. pastichio medley
4. ugly
5. the boy
6. cherry
7. believe
8. set the ray to jerry
9. 1979 (moby mix)
10. landslide <- same version as pisces iscariot im pretty sure
11. dancing in the moonlight
12. bullet with butterfly wings (demo 1995)

Dead
07-23-2003, 12:46 AM
That's cool, can you make a scan or take a photo? I saw something like that on ebay before but it was a bootleg. It was the MCIS cover but the back-ground was red instead of blue. It looked cool. I think it was missing the songs from the 33 single but I can't remember. Hmm I think it had that bwbw demo like on your tracklisting. Maybe it wasn't fake afterall. Or maybe yours is. :eek:

Mason R Butler
07-23-2003, 03:45 AM
With so many official tracks, I'd just call it counterfeit. I wouldn't by any means call it official though.

Diamond Dream
07-23-2003, 03:57 AM
9. 1979 (moby mix)
10. landslide
11. dancing in the moonlight

I doubt that it's official and those tracks have nothing to do with TAFH.. especially the BWBW demo wich was never officialy released on anything.

Boycott Graceland
07-23-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Diamond Dream

I doubt that it's official and those tracks have nothing to do with TAFH.. especially the BWBW demo wich was never officialy released on anything.
yeah, good eye. it's counterfeit. hope you didn't pay too much for it.

Diamond Dream
07-23-2003, 04:09 AM
yeah.. how much did you pay for this?

The Gaddrow
07-23-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Boycott Graceland
it's counterfeit. hope you didn't pay too much for it.

tristessa
07-23-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Diamond Dream
yeah.. how much did you pay for this?

the price tag is still on it i payed 39.99 the cover looks kind of like the mcis cover but in a dark red like someone said earlier. but that special insert is purple and the edge of it as the same color as the red booklet, as if to say it goes with the booklet. i should scan the virgin thing cause it looks pretty damn official except for the extra tracks, but maybe with virgin's japenese release they added those songs. japanese versions always have bonus songs.

memories_unwind
07-23-2003, 03:43 PM
It`s definitely a bootleg, not worth ten bucks

Diamond Dream
07-23-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by tristessa
japanese versions always have bonus songs.

bwbw demo is really the thing that makes me say it's fake!!!

Dead
07-23-2003, 04:18 PM
I saw pics of it on ebay, it looks really sweet. I would pay $10 for it just cause its pretty.

tristessa
07-23-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by memories_unwind
It`s definitely a bootleg, not worth ten bucks

i would definately pay ten bucks for evey song in TAFH as well as bonus songs and plus everything from the 2 cd's to the pacaging looks cool. sucks for you if you wouldnt. although, it IS a bootleg: it's copyrighted 1995.

MstrGhost
07-23-2003, 09:09 PM
I bought that bootleg when I couldn't find the tafh box 2 years ago. Looks nice, comes with that typical tab in jap, but pressing is really bad quality. Once I tried to put it in the hd, every reader was in serious trouble under EAC, with lots of errors even tough these were unlistenable, there are some tracks with skips recorded (as those weren't the crytical extract points). It almost looks legit, except for that 95 demo, and some copyrigh issues as 95' or 96', as I belive in 95' there would be no for it. I paid 25 for it, and there were really more for sale at that place so... (severin if you read this, it was in the same place I got the picture disc).

Dead
07-23-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by tristessa
i would definately pay ten bucks for evey song in TAFH
It's missing Zero, BWBW and 1979.

the_marked
07-24-2003, 01:57 PM
well i found the official non-mp3 version of machina 2 :erm

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2547016328&category=1572

Boycott Graceland
07-24-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Dead
I saw pics of it on ebay, it looks really sweet. I would pay $10 for it just cause its pretty.
you old softie.

Dead
07-24-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Boycott Graceland
you old softie.
You got my number. :love: