View Full Version : Input on SP Related Tattoo

glued_on_wings
07-21-2003, 12:29 PM
Ok so i have wanted to get a tattoo for ever. I have always wanted to get one that is SP related since they mean so much in my life, but i didnt want it to be obvious to everyone that is was SP. So today i came up with this design and im liking it alot. I want to put it on my back between my shoulders, and i think i want to keep it about the same size it is in the picture. I dont want it to be very big. Any sugguestions or imput would be nice. Im open for anything i really want it to turn out perfect since i have to live with it forever.

version 1
http://www.sweetrides2001.com/Jeremy/tattoo.gif

version 2
http://www.sweetrides2001.com/Jeremy/tattoo1.gif

version 3
http://www.sweetrides2001.com/Jeremy/tattoo2.gif

Desi
07-21-2003, 12:33 PM
stick with either 1 or 2. I prefer the black ink. The third one's lettering is going to be a pain in the ass and it looks mushy. It may just be the text, but it's hard to read.

nice design!

dishpan
07-21-2003, 01:08 PM

skippy
07-21-2003, 01:51 PM
What does that star have to do with the SP? Was it in the Melloncollie artwork or something? It seems awfully subtle. You picked a lyric from a great song though.

Cassius
07-21-2003, 02:00 PM
No.1 will definetly show up better on your skin. If i were picking one thats what id go for. The third seems a bit clumbsy with the thick letters.

Canned Kitty
07-21-2003, 02:12 PM
you didn't say " R0ck 0n!!1"

so this thread is invalidated.

glued_on_wings
07-21-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Mark LeDrew
What does that star have to do with the SP? Was it in the Melloncollie artwork or something? It seems awfully subtle. You picked a lyric from a great song though.

I belive it is an image in the artwork, or there is one very similar. That star is actually a nautical star, which i have always loved. But i figgure with the combination of that and the lyrics which mean a whole lot to me, make for a good tattoo..

Canned Kitty
07-21-2003, 02:14 PM
get <font color=red><font size=6>"RoX0RS ON!!!11"</font></font>tattooed on your forehead!!!1

Nothing/everything
07-21-2003, 02:40 PM
you're going to regret such a tattoo within 10 years

Vulva
07-21-2003, 03:04 PM
tatoos are idiotic. wait one year, if you still want it, go ahead and ruin yourself.

Ugly
07-21-2003, 03:14 PM
I could never get a tattoo simply for the reason cuz its going to be so gross by the time Iím 50. Or even picture the nursing home years. **shudders** But they are sexy in general.

That being said, Iím not so sure the words would even show up on a tattoo and eventually it would just turn into a big mushy star w/ a hallo around it.

DeviousJ
07-21-2003, 03:36 PM
Jesus CHRIST don't get the 3rd one

AIias
07-21-2003, 03:53 PM
figures someone like jeremy would want an sp tattoo, hahahaha, he's going to be so so cool! :cheers:

BlueStar
07-21-2003, 07:30 PM
I like it. Go with version 1.

Liquid-J
07-21-2003, 07:33 PM
the thing about sp lyrics- even though they sound great and mean a lot, out of context, they just seem kinda corny. you might regret it in a few years. i'd go for ROck On...:p

Ghetto_Squirrel
07-21-2003, 07:45 PM
I'd go with "You will always be my whore" accompanied by a drawing of b0lly in his cape and also a prostitute. She might look like D'arcy.

bonsor
07-21-2003, 08:09 PM
im getting the heart done later this week. text would make it stupid, though.

Mayfuck
07-21-2003, 08:13 PM
You should get "Agreed." in small letters on your chest, and then on your back put "ROCK ON..."in large letters.

Mayfuck
07-21-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by ******
im getting the heart done later this week. text would make it stupid, though.

I'm not really comfortable with you also having grey stars and then posting in consecutive posts with me. It's just weird.

bonsor
07-21-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Mayfuck

I'm not really comfortable with you also having grey stars and then posting in consecutive posts with me. It's just weird. i bet this makes you REALLLY uncomfortable.

twilightfadez
07-21-2003, 08:59 PM

and NO THIS IS NOT A ***

twilightfadez
07-21-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by twilightfadez

and NO THIS IS NOT A ***

A + 1

PLUS ONE

Marlon Brando
07-21-2003, 09:04 PM
lol so i get called lame for kissing billy corgan's ass and liking anythign he does because I like ZWAN and Machina... but you guys get tatoo's of his lyrics and stuff he drew such as the sp heart and thats just cool. ok, just making sure i understand. you pathetic fucking dorks.

Affect
07-21-2003, 09:52 PM
SP tattoos are gay, you faggot.

skippy
07-21-2003, 10:14 PM
BTW, the best SP tattoo i have seen are the two little dudes from the friends + enemies artwork. Now that was cool because it was very Pumpkins but you'd have to be a Pumpkins fan to know it.

Blank
07-21-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Ugly

That being said, Iím not so sure the words would even show up on a tattoo and eventually it would just turn into a big mushy star w/ a hallo around it.
Originally posted by ******
text would make it stupid, though.

Originally posted by Liquid-J
the thing about sp lyrics- even though they sound great and mean a lot, out of context, they just seem kinda corny. you might regret it in a few years.

The text is pretty bad in my opinion. Stick with just a symbol.

BlueStar
07-21-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Blank

The text is pretty bad in my opinion. Stick with just a symbol.

I like text for tattoos.

oui henri
07-21-2003, 11:16 PM
i like one the best

glued_on_wings
07-22-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Mark LeDrew
BTW, the best SP tattoo i have seen are the two little dudes from the friends + enemies artwork. Now that was cool because it was very Pumpkins but you'd have to be a Pumpkins fan to know it.

I really wanted to get that for the longest time, but after awhile i decided against it. I think im going to go with this design, and maybe down the road get the MII guys..

ava transformer
07-22-2003, 02:07 AM
i like #1, the text is cool, i got purr snickety. in pisces font underneath my tattoo of a cat.

Ugly
07-22-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by BlueStar

I like text for tattoos.

yeah it'll look cool for abit but how long is the text going to stay as opposed to it just turning into a big mushy line?

Blank
07-22-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by BlueStar

I like text for tattoos.
I don't.

There is too much text on that tatoo. It will look bad.

Then again, I associate that song with the Bradley Center show in 96 where the band played it during the second encore, as Billy stated to appease all of the MTV fans. Needless to say, half the venue emptied out, and the band came back out to end with Bodies and Silverfuck.

Regardless.....I would just go with a symbol.

The Gaddrow
07-22-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Vulva
tatoos are idiotic. wait one year, if you still want it, go ahead and ruin yourself. I have wanted the same tattoo (not Jeremy's, something else) since 1996. My idea or interest in the particular tattoo hasn't waned since then, and I don't expect it to anytime soon. One day, I will actually get it, but I always manage to find something else to spend my money on.

mirrar
07-22-2003, 12:03 PM
i agree with the people that say there's too much text. it's going to fade and blur and look like shit in a couple years. Either just do the bottom lines (one on top, one on the bottom) or make it MUCH bigger then the picture.

Canned Kitty
07-22-2003, 12:10 PM
yeah, and pick some words that don't look shit if you don't know the context.

if i was just some random dude reading that, i'd be like "shya, your life's not extraordinary, and you haven't won it, you stupid idiot loser!"
pick something like "love: it's who you know" or "roxor on!" instead :D

man, that'd be awezome!

Junebug
07-22-2003, 07:58 PM
I like number one the best....3 would probably look really bad/blurry. as for the problem with people not knowing where the text comes from...I dont' know, if you know what it means, and it's important to you, I don't think other people's opinions of it would matter that much to you. But maybe that's just me.

Would the area between your shoulders get that bad? Maybe when you're 80 I guess yeah. But maybe there's something to be said for old guys with band tatoos :warp:

mirrar
07-22-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Junebug
I dont' know, if you know what it means, and it's important to you, I don't think other people's opinions of it would matter that much to you. But maybe that's just me.thats exactly the way i feel about my tattoos... i've got the hourglass with bat wings from the bwbw booklet on my stomach, and there's only like 5 people i know that know what it is.. everyone else just goes "whats that? a garbage can/barrel with wings?" :D it means something to me and i like it, and thats the most important thing about tattoos.

oui henri
07-22-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Mirror_Untrue
i've got the hourglass with bat wings from the bwbw booklet on my stomach, and there's only like 5 people i know that know what it is.. everyone else just goes "whats that? a garbage can/barrel with wings?" :D it means something to me and i like it, and thats the most important thing about tattoos.

my baby cousin thinks mine is a ghost

House of Bread
07-22-2003, 10:17 PM
I"m getting "youth is wasted on the young" across my back next month. Woowee