View Full Version : Mellon Collie Bookends = Same Length?


thebaconpress
07-14-2003, 05:11 PM
I never noticed this until today, but I am sure many of you have or I have missed it in a FAQ somewhere.

On Dawn to Dusk, the first track, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness is 2:52 minutes long. The last track, Take Me Down is also 2:52 minutes long.

On Twilight to Starlight, the first track, Where Boys Fear To Tread is 4:22 minutes long. The last track, Farewell and Goodnight is also 4:22 minutes long.

That is all.

http://207.44.240.22/images/smilies/kruzen.gif

Nothing/everything
07-14-2003, 05:15 PM
eh

:think:

thebaconpress
07-14-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Nothing/everything
eh

:think:

Cliffnotes:

1. Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness is available in double CD format.
2. Dusk to Dawn, the first cd has 14 tracks.
3. The first and last track are the exactly same length, 2:52.
4. Twilight to Starlight, the second cd has 14 tracks.
5. The first and last track are the exactly same length, 4:22.
6. ....
7. What don't you understand?

;)

Reyngel
07-14-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by thebaconpress
I never noticed this until today, but I am sure many of you have or I have missed it in a FAQ somewhere.

On Dawn to Dusk, the first track, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness is 2:52 minutes long. The last track, Take Me Down is also 2:52 minutes long.

On Twilight to Starlight, the first track, Where Boys Fear To Tread is 4:22 minutes long. The last track, Farewell and Goodnight is also 4:22 minutes long.

That is all.

http://207.44.240.22/images/smilies/kruzen.gif


Never noticed that before... interesting. :)

Nothing/everything
07-14-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by thebaconpress


7. What don't you understand?



i think it's me. I'm still thinking in OMG SINE!11!!!1!! thoughts

Liquid-J
07-14-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Nothing/everything


i think it's me. I'm still thinking in OMG SINE!11!!!1!! thoughts

its a sine from marlon brando, dude!

MstrGhost
07-14-2003, 06:50 PM
<blank>

thebaconpress
07-14-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by MstrGhost
<blank>

That is the most emotionless emotion icon I have ever seen.

MstrGhost
07-14-2003, 09:26 PM
It's just like a small :eek: ...:erm

Gary
07-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Ya see, thats all well an great, but according to my copy run through Winamp [CDHUTD 30],
MC&TIS = 2.52, Take Me Down = 2.59
Where Boys Fear To Tread = 4.23, Farewell and Goodnight= 4.22

I'd put it down more to coincidence more than a b0lly 51ne.

oclaftap
07-14-2003, 10:11 PM
yeh i dont think its really of any importance just a coincidence

thebaconpress
07-14-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Gary
Ya see, thats all well an great, but according to my copy run through Winamp [CDHUTD 30],
MC&TIS = 2.52, Take Me Down = 2.59
Where Boys Fear To Tread = 4.23, Farewell and Goodnight= 4.22

I'd put it down more to coincidence more than a b0lly 51ne.

Don't use Winamp.

Just a regular CD standalone player yielded these results.

Gary
07-14-2003, 10:40 PM
I just put it through my regular CD player, and the times I got were:
MC&TIS - 2:52, Take Me Down - 2.53
Where Boys Fear To Tread - 4.22, Farewell & Goodnight - 4.22

Looks like Winamp does fuck up track times a bit then. I'd still put it down to coincidence, but after the whole machina thing I wouldn't be surprised if this was intentional.

pale blue eyes
07-15-2003, 06:12 AM
I noticed that a while ago when I was burning Mellon Collie for a friend and noticed when the track lengths popped up on Nero. Weird.

the_riaa
07-15-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Phreak
I noticed that a while ago when I was burning Mellon Collie for a friend and noticed when the track lengths popped up on Nero. Weird. i'm so gonna bust your ass for this one

MstrGhost
07-15-2003, 04:52 PM
Anyway, I have (actually got rid of one) 2 different european mcis (the "bel biem (NL)" and a "sonopress" with swapped sides) and cd's have different time on the same player.