View Full Version : Who do you consider the most well-adjusted Netphorians?

noir cat
07-14-2003, 12:07 AM
I don't mean well-adjusted on the board, I mean in real life. Who do you view as the most well-adjusted Netphorians, and I don't mean your friend or boyfriend or girlfriend. Not someone you know very well, but perhaps someone you've met face-to face a few times or whatever. (And this isn't an affront to anyone I don't list... as I am the first to admit that I'm a maladjusted individual, which is fine and normal).

Lie/Elisabeth
DeviousJ/Lee
scouse_dave/Dave
JACKmeOFF/Andy

Short list.

noir cat
07-14-2003, 12:09 AM
And <i>maybe</i> also Samantha/Bluestar.

These people I sometimes question myself as to why they're here. Well, I mean, I guess it's for the people, but sometimes it's just like :erm hmmm?

lucky_13
07-14-2003, 12:12 AM
wow that was alot of limitations to the question. because of that...

jenniferkate

noir cat
07-14-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by lucky_13

jenniferkate Heh. The point is to determine your judge of character without getting a real/intimate sense of the other person. Liiike... say if you were ever to determine whether or not to get in a car with someone because that person might kill you or not.

wangcomputers
07-14-2003, 12:41 AM
Sean Casey

crescentfresh
07-14-2003, 12:43 AM
desi might drive me off a cliff, but I'm sure it would all be in good fun.

hyperbole seems pretty "well-adjusted."

so does DeviousJ, jczeroman, palidor, and uhh....a few others, but I am braindead tonight.

mewl
07-14-2003, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by crescentfresh
jczeroman

him. i kind of admire him...

beef curtains
07-14-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by undivinemartyr

scouse_dave/Dave
JACKmeOFF/Andy

Short list.

False!
and somewhat false.

Helena Handbasket
07-14-2003, 02:08 AM
Samantha seems to really have her shit together.

june33
07-14-2003, 02:09 AM
god i miss andy!

Fattening Ass
07-14-2003, 02:10 AM
uhm.

noir cat
07-14-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by So very sad about me
False!
and somewhat false. I'm a fallacy! : )

beef curtains
07-14-2003, 02:13 AM
I'm a phallus! : )

BlueStar
07-14-2003, 02:33 AM
And <i>maybe</i> also Samantha/Bluestar.

I love how I get the maybe.

Silverstream
07-14-2003, 08:10 AM
Lee (DeviousJ)
hes just such a beautiful kind person, and so level headed. so yeah, he gets my vote.

Elvis The Fat Years
07-14-2003, 08:20 AM
this is one list im sure im not on.

jenniferkate
07-14-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by lucky_13

jenniferkate

i only wish!

yo soy el mejor
07-14-2003, 10:32 AM
i didint understand this thread last night and i still dont really get it.

KrazeeStacee
07-14-2003, 10:57 AM
Devious J

Desi
07-14-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by crescentfresh
desi might drive me off a cliff, but I'm sure it would all be in good fun.

I just envisioned a scene where I'm driving an ugly pink convertible and we're dressed up like the women from Absoloutely Fabulous (lipstick on teeth and all), going 140 mph off a cliff while a quiet mozart sonata is playing, and we're nonchalantly talking about the contestants on american idol.

*flies off cliff* "Yeah, but he had a horrible haircut. What the hell was he thinking?"

*falling into canyon below* "I don't know, but at least he could move his face. what's-his-name injected so much botox that he could barely pronounce his vowels."

jczeroman
07-14-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by mewl

him. i kind of admire him...

http://forums.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon14.gif

silent1
07-14-2003, 11:00 AM
i like pizza

jczeroman
07-14-2003, 11:00 AM
I have no idea what this thread means.

That being said, it seems like Affect has his life together right now.

Desi
07-14-2003, 11:02 AM
hyperbole
lie
deviousj
injektilo
jczeroman
crescentfresh
wangcomputers

mpp
07-14-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by silent1
i like pizza

i'm convinced that i'm the only netphorian who continues to smile whenever i see this post

silent1
07-14-2003, 11:10 AM
hehe. well i do it for you and your kind. for all the little people along the way who need a smile to enjoy their day. hey that rhymed. :cool:

Ugly
07-14-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Desi

*flies off cliff* "Yeah, but he had a horrible haircut. What the hell was he thinking?"

*falling into canyon below* "I don't know, but at least he could move his face. what's-his-name injected so much botox that he could barely pronounce his vowels."

<I>*THWACK! The car lands vertically into a big pile of garbage* </I>

<B>crescentfresh</B>: HAH! And to think those idiot environmentalists were protesting this landfill.

<B>Desi</B>: Oh, solid waste! I could kiss you!
*<I>Kisses garbage pile</I>* Ew . .
*<I>Kisses garbage pile</I>* Ough!
*<I>Kisses garbage pile</I>* Argh!
*<I>Kisses garbage pile</I>* Ohhhh, I think this one was pizza!

KrazeeStacee
07-14-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by mpp

i'm convinced that i'm the only netphorian who continues to smile whenever i see this post

i smile :D

Desi
07-14-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Ugly

<I>*THWACK! The car lands vertically into a big pile of garbage* </I>

<B>crescentfresh</B>: HAH! And to think those idiot environmentalists were protesting this landfill!!

<B>Desi</B>: Oh, solid waste! I could kiss you!
*<I>Kisses garbage pile</I>* Ew . .
*<I>Kisses garbage pile</I>* Ough!
*<I>Kisses garbage pile</I>* Argh!
*<I>Kisses garbage pile</I>* Ohhhh, I think this one was pizza!

:rofl: I was crossing my fingers, hoping you'd complete the scene.

can I be your coffee bitch when you're a crazy filmmaker?

silent1
07-14-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by KrazeePumpkin

i smile :D

awww. :love:

StillBecomingApart
07-14-2003, 11:58 AM
me

KrazeeStacee
07-14-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by silent1

awww. :love:

:)

did you see my red stars?! =D

check your pms, btw

silent1
07-14-2003, 01:22 PM
yes, very nice.

DeviousJ
07-14-2003, 01:32 PM
I'm not well adjusted, you crazy kids. Thanks anyway

Caligula
07-14-2003, 01:32 PM
Almost anyone with a PPD below 10

sppunk
07-14-2003, 01:40 PM
Me. And this is why.

* I just graduated from college, and my first job (they contacted me prior to my graduation) is starting out with a salary of $42,000.
* Most of my friends are already married, or are in serious relationships.
* I am in a serious relationship.

I rule! Or, not. Whatever. I just wanted to post.

scouse_dave
07-14-2003, 01:45 PM
don't kid yourself sppunk...you're not even close

sppunk
07-14-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by scouse_dave
don't kid yourself sppunk...you're not even close

Shouldn't you be killing a jew?

scouse_dave
07-14-2003, 01:51 PM
why's that?

sppunk
07-14-2003, 01:56 PM
why's that?

Remember that whole retarded argument you and Samsa and someone else had about being anti-Semantic?

I forgot what the context was, but you came off as a major anti-Semite.

scouse_dave
07-14-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by sppunk
...about being anti-Semantic?for an 'editor' you sure are a moron...

oh yeah, and i remember it well. that was the thread where i said jews annoy me. they do. that wasn't anti-semitic in the slightest. use that big ole well-adjusted brain of yours and look it up in a dictionary.

cap'n jazz
07-14-2003, 02:03 PM
:crazy: I'm pretty well-adjusted, even though I play in 11/8 all over your face.

sppunk
07-14-2003, 02:04 PM
for an 'editor' you sure are a moron...

oh yeah, and i remember it well. that was the thread where i said jews annoy me. they do. that wasn't anti-semetic in the slightest. use that big ole well-adjusted brain of yours and look it up in a dictionary.

You dumbass. I didn't say you weren't. I said people in that thread said you were. I only read it once and never got into the argument. They were retarded.

That's like saying trailer trash annoys you and you racist against their ethnicity, whatever it may be.

Oh, and I don't know how my job has anything to do with our conversation. But, hey, that's just me.

scouse_dave
07-14-2003, 02:07 PM
You dumbass. I didn't say you weren't. I said people in that thread said you were. I only read it once and never got into the argument. They were retarded.

That's like saying trailer trash annoys you and you racist against their ethnicity, whatever it may be.
I forgot what the context was, but you came off as a major anti-Semite. i have to hand it to you...you do a fine job of contradicting yourself...

Boner
07-14-2003, 02:10 PM
Me. And this is why.

* I just graduated from college, and my first job (they contacted me prior to my graduation) is starting out with a salary of $42,000.
* Most of my friends are already married, or are in serious relationships.
* I am in a serious relationship.

I rule! Or, not. Whatever. I just wanted to post.

being well adjusted is not just about having a good job and a serious relationship. that's such a short-sighted view of things. some would say that being independent at 22 is actually a better sign of adjustment than being in a relationship (especially if you go from relationship to relationship - that's not a personal attack chris)

blue star is the obvious choice cuz she not only has her shit together put she has such a cool perspective on most things and isn't arrogant about her accomplishments.

also random female. i know she may not even have a job right now but her posts suggest someone who really has their shit together despite the stress of trying to crack the real world.

in general, none of the np males seem all that well adjusted. killtheyouth was well adjusted. so much so he left. mpp also is well adjusted and doesnt feel the need to put his credentials in everyone's face like affect and others. maybe dave is too but i dont really know anything about him other than he is cool and likes soccer.

guz
07-14-2003, 02:11 PM

i have to hand it to you...you do a fine job of contradicting yourself... this is true.

Desi
07-14-2003, 02:11 PM

anti-Semantic?

:think:

Yeah. Dave, I hate how you're against linguistic development and shit. Bigot.

mpp
07-14-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by The Ace of Aces
mpp also is well adjusted and doesnt feel the need to put his credentials in everyone's face like affect and others.

my nigga

yeah my vote would have to go to bluestar; i think she gives good advice and she's on the (long) path to success; even though we don't agree on a lot of political stuff (she's way to conservative/pragmatic/black and white for me...zell miller?) she seems to have thought out her positions and that's way cool

Eulogy
07-14-2003, 02:41 PM
Eulogy

Yep.

mpp
07-14-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Eulogy
Eulogy

Yep.

:D

YeehaJamesIha
07-14-2003, 02:53 PM
If there was ever a thread for me, this would be it. I think I'm one of the most well-adjusted people I know. I'm doing pretty damn well for myself. Too bad I don't post enough about my life for anyone to know about it.

As for who I think has a good head on their shoulders, I would nominate

BlueStar
Hyperbole
Peabooty
Affect
Desi

Jeez, it's hard to say because I know hardly anything about the people on here.

scouse_dave
07-14-2003, 02:55 PM
should you tell her or should i?

Eulogy
07-14-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by mpp

:D

I'm not even joking.

Well, maybe a little....but I'm more well-adjusted than the majority, I think.

mpp
07-14-2003, 02:57 PM

I'm not even joking.

Well, maybe a little....but I'm more well-adjusted than the majority, I think.

wow

Eulogy
07-14-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by mpp

wow

My personality here is really nothing like my real life personality.

My life is pretty much problem free. I'm on the right path right now....and I don't forsee anything throwing me off course anytime soon.

You know it, biatch.

mpp
07-14-2003, 02:59 PM

My personality here is really nothing like my real life personality.

didn't know that

mpp
07-14-2003, 03:00 PM

I'm on the right path right now

which is?

finishing up high school?

jczeroman
07-14-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by mpp

she's way to conservative/pragmatic/black

the fuck she is... She's a pretty standard democrat... unless you're a nader fan?

sppunk
07-14-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Desi

:think:

Yeah. Dave, I hate how you're against linguistic development and shit. Bigot.

Goddamn, mistyping words here with you is like I fucking blew up the World Trade Center.

Eulogy
07-14-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by mpp

which is?

finishing up high school?

Well, basically, yeah.

I'm about as well-adjusted as someone my age can be. Is that better for you?

sppunk
07-14-2003, 03:07 PM

i have to hand it to you...you do a fine job of contradicting yourself...

Uh, no? Me not remembering the context of a thread doesn't mean I don't remember what people believed out of it. I didn't pay attention too much because it simply didn't interest me. I skimmed it after a while, but that was it. They kind of jumped your ass for a comment that didn't appear to be hurtful.

mpp
07-14-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by jczeroman

the fuck she is... She's a pretty standard democrat... unless you're a nader fan?

hmmmm

nope, not me

that's strange, though...i USED to think she was pretty liberal but in the past year or so, i've seen her go way more moderate which is totally fine w/ me

whatever floats yer boat...

edit: sorry, i mean, e.g., war in iraq, abortion, etc

mpp
07-14-2003, 03:09 PM

Goddamn, mistyping words here with you is like I fucking blew up the World Trade Center.

i'd stop there if i were you

mpp
07-14-2003, 03:09 PM

I'm about as well-adjusted as someone my age can be. Is that better for you?

much!

scouse_dave
07-14-2003, 03:11 PM
Uh, no? Me not remembering the context of a thread doesn't mean I don't remember what people believed out of it. I didn't pay attention too much because it simply didn't interest me. I skimmed it after a while, but that was it. They kind of jumped your ass for a comment that didn't appear to be hurtful.
I forgot what the context was, but you came off as a major anti-Semite. i'll place both comments side by side once again to see if it seeps in...

on one hand you're saying people were stupid for ripping into me...whilst on the other saying i came off as a bigot. that my friend is a contradiction. unless of course, you believe that calling someone an anti-semite enough times makes it so...which is it?:confused:

Nimrod's Son
07-14-2003, 03:18 PM

Well, basically, yeah.

I'm about as well-adjusted as someone my age can be. Is that better for you? So, most people your age are in love with their 2 best friends who happen to be dating each other, cry all the time about everything, want everything handed to them without having to accomplish anything themselves, and can't figure out if "this guy likes t**** when he's jerking them off all the time?

Wow, no shit. The youth of America are in big fucking trouble.

sppunk
07-14-2003, 03:20 PM

i'll place both comments side by side once again to see if it seeps in...

on one hand you're saying people were stupid for ripping into me...whilst on the other saying i came off as a bigot. that my friend is a contradiction. unless of course, you believe that calling someone an anti-semite enough times makes it so...which is it?:confused:

I'll stop with you after this: You didn't come off that way to me, but after skimming the thread that's how you obviously came off to others. I don't remember thinking your statement was anything overwhelmingly racist.

sppunk
07-14-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by mpp

i'd stop there if i were you

Terrorists - 3
United States - 0

If life were a soccer match, we'd be getting our ass' kicked.

mpp
07-14-2003, 03:22 PM

Terrorists - 3
United States - 0

If life were a soccer match, we'd be getting our ass' kicked.

scouse_dave
07-14-2003, 03:31 PM
I'll stop with you after this: You didn't come off that way to me, but after skimming the thread that's how you obviously came off to others. I don't remember thinking your statement was anything overwhelmingly racist. jesus christ man...

one of the first things you said was that i came out looking like an anti-semite. now you're saying i didn't look that way to you. wtf are you on?

so, you're saying you're persuaded by mob-rule?

i hope you carry forward that strict, coherent, consistent, logical thought-process into your editorial career.

Eulogy
07-14-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
So, most people your age are in love with their 2 best friends who happen to be dating each other, cry all the time about everything, want everything handed to them without having to accomplish anything themselves, and can't figure out if "this guy likes t**** when he's jerking them off all the time?

Wow, no shit. The youth of America are in big fucking trouble.

Listen, you fat fuck.

I'm not in love with my two best friends who happen to be dating each other. My two best friends are not dating each other. I've never posted anything that would lead someone to believe I was in love with my two best friends who are dating each other.

I don't cry. I've nothing to cry about.

I don't believe I should have everything handed to me. Just because your parents were dirt poor or whatever the hell your sob story is doesn't mean that I'm wrong for having well-off parents. Maybe you should go yell at your parents and tell them they should have worked harder for you. I apologize for having a better childhood than you, really. I'm sorry. But I do work hard at what I do now, and I plan on working hard for whatever I get in the future.

And that guy that you thought was so obviously into me is obviously not. Choke on that one as well, chubs.

And no, my buttons were not pushed, people. Just because I reply to him does not mean he is some mastermind who can predict that I'll reply to him when he makes retarded comments. :cool:

Boner
07-14-2003, 03:35 PM
the irony of a thread on the most well adjusted netphorians devolving into such utter nonsense. it burns.

Boner
07-14-2003, 03:44 PM
sppunk just pm-ed me to ask that i go into this thread and defend him.

- insert entirely contrived defense of sppunk here -

scouse_dave
07-14-2003, 03:49 PM
hahahah classic

Desi
07-14-2003, 03:54 PM

KA-BLOOEY!

Nimrod's Son
07-14-2003, 03:57 PM

Listen, you fat fuck.

I'm not in love with my two best friends who happen to be dating each other. My two best friends are not dating each other. I've never posted anything that would lead someone to believe I was in love with my two best friends who are dating each other.

I don't cry. I've nothing to cry about.

I don't believe I should have everything handed to me. Just because your parents were dirt poor or whatever the hell your sob story is doesn't mean that I'm wrong for having well-off parents. Maybe you should go yell at your parents and tell them they should have worked harder for you. I apologize for having a better childhood than you, really. I'm sorry. But I do work hard at what I do now, and I plan on working hard for whatever I get in the future.

And that guy that you thought was so obviously into me is obviously not. Choke on that one as well, chubs.

And no, my buttons were not pushed, people. Just because I reply to him does not mean he is some mastermind who can predict that I'll reply to him when he makes retarded comments. :cool: Nice try with the fat angle, but you failed.

Plus, your entire post above is crying, as usual.

Also you never appreciate anything you do have, and whine about not having enough. That's why I said you want everything handed to you. ****** grew up well off, but I don't think he's the same way as you.

I wish I cared enough to search for the thread you posted about your guy friend and your girl friend, both of whom you wanted, going o the movies and dating and how you're the third wheel.

PS. When you post AND MY BUTTONS WERE NOT PRESSED, it's fairly obvious that they were.

mpp
07-14-2003, 03:58 PM

that's some fucking goo-wuh-old!

AIias
07-14-2003, 03:59 PM
mindless bitching & whining like a little bitchthe bullshit continues...

jczeroman
07-14-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by mpp

edit: sorry, i mean, e.g., war in iraq, abortion, etc

yea, she took a more conservative stance there... but other then that she seems pretty flaming to me

mpp
07-14-2003, 04:05 PM

yea, she took a more conservative stance there

agreed, as far as it goes

however, those are two pretty important stances for the next prez election...i mean, if i were pro-life and pro-war, i'd DEFINITELY vote for bushy

Eulogy
07-14-2003, 04:09 PM
Nice try with the fat angle, but you failed.

Plus, your entire post above is crying, as usual.

Also you never appreciate anything you do have, and whine about not having enough. That's why I said you want everything handed to you. ****** grew up well off, but I don't think he's the same way as you.

I wish I cared enough to search for the thread you posted about your guy friend and your girl friend, both of whom you wanted, going o the movies and dating and how you're the third wheel.

PS. When you post AND MY BUTTONS WERE NOT PRESSED, it's fairly obvious that they were.

Do you know me? Really, do you? You have no idea how much I appreciate what I have. I have never in my life whined about not having enough. I have more than enough, and I know that.

I did post once about being the third wheel with my best friend and his girlfriend, who is also a good friend of mine. I never said I was in love with both of them. Your memory is not so good.

And I just thought I'd point out that you aren't special for making me reply to you. I'm home alone with nothing to do right now. It passes time.

Seems like I forgot something. Oh yeah, you're fat. http://forums.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon11.gif

jczeroman
07-14-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by mpp
i were pro-life and pro-war, i'd DEFINITELY vote for bushy

Well I'm pro life but I will NOT be voting for GW.

mpp
07-14-2003, 04:12 PM

Well I'm pro life but I will NOT be voting for GW.

harry browne or some shit??? do tell!

Mooney
07-14-2003, 04:26 PM
i'm going to give myself the most 'well-adjusted' netphorian that has been academically dissmissed from university award. i wasn't going to continue on in my program, and i passed my courses so i will still get credit for them. now, i am just forced to take a year off school to figure out what it is that i truly want to do, rather then jump into something else right away which could be another mistake. my parents don't seem to understand, but i seriously think this is the best thing for me. everything happens for a reason.

BlueStar
07-14-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by mpp

however, those are two pretty important stances for the next prez election...i mean, if i were pro-life and pro-war, i'd DEFINITELY vote for bushy

But keep in mind that most of the Democrats (in Congress) voted for the war.

mpp
07-14-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by BlueStar

But keep in mind that most of the Democrats (in Congress) voted for the war.

:D i'm so glad you showed up!!

i don't doubt your "democraticness" in the least, but:

and you know as well as i do that most democrats in congress supported the war b/c it was political suicide not to...in all seriousness, i would've voted for the war if i were in congress!

noir cat
07-14-2003, 06:34 PM
I love how I get the maybe. I dunno, I wasn't sure if you didn't have any deep dark secret you're holding back... like if you'd murdered anyone or something.

Heh. I'm kidding, I'm not sure why I put that maybe there, really.

Liquid-J
07-14-2003, 06:44 PM
me!

sppunk
07-14-2003, 06:49 PM

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Any mod can go look through my PM box and disprove this.

scouse_dave
07-14-2003, 07:03 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Any mod can go look through my PM box and disprove this. c'mon lad...don't cry about it...move on with your life.

Nimrod's Son
07-14-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by mpp

:D i'm so glad you showed up!!

i don't doubt your "democraticness" in the least, but:

and you know as well as i do that most democrats in congress supported the war b/c it was political suicide not to...in all seriousness, i would've voted for the war if i were in congress! See I hate that shit. If you don't believe in something, don't vote for it.

I wish we didn't elect people that do that wishy washy shit, but we do.

slugdownkoolaid
07-14-2003, 07:17 PM
See I hate that shit. If you don't believe in something, don't vote for it.

That's one of the biggest problems in the american System. Politicians don't think they follow.

BlueStar
07-14-2003, 07:34 PM

This is going way off the topic of this thread, but... :p

1) Politicians are elected by the people and are meant to represent the views of those people (and the majority of the American public supported going to war with Iraq).
2) Pretty much everyone was in agreement that Saddam was bad and that there were UN violations and something needed to be done. The disagreement came over whether or not Saddam posed an immediate threat (and, as I stated many times before, I did not believe he did). But, whether something happened now, 5 years ago, or 10 years in the future, something needed to happen...and most politicians (and myself) agreed with that.
3) The only way to get politicians who exercise extremely firm beliefs is to remove the election process. Politicians are, generally speaking, held to the whims of the American public. If you are a politician and you want to keep your job, you have to please the voters.

scouse_dave
07-14-2003, 07:47 PM
2) Pretty much everyone was in agreement that Saddam was bad and that there were UN violations and something needed to be done.again, this is off-topic but that's simply not true.

1. there was widespread opposition to 'something being done' with regards to iraq, displayed by the citizens of the US/UK as well as MANY governments around the world. france...remember them?

2. loads of countries break UN agreements. iraq wasn't the worst offender either.

BlueStar
07-14-2003, 08:36 PM
again, this is off-topic but that's simply not true.

1. there was widespread opposition to 'something being done' with regards to iraq, displayed by the citizens of the US/UK as well as MANY governments around the world. france...remember them?

I was only speaking about US politicians and US citizens.

scouse_dave
07-14-2003, 08:51 PM
well, i *******d US citizens in my reply...

BlueStar
07-14-2003, 08:52 PM
well, i *******d US citizens in my reply...

Well, the majority of US citizens approved of going to war with Iraq. Yes, there was opposition. But, there was also a definite majority in favor.

scouse_dave
07-14-2003, 08:54 PM
i hate to be a pedant, but you originally said "pretty much everyone" and now you're changing it to "the majority". politics is definitely the right career path for you. you've already got it down.

BlueStar
07-14-2003, 08:56 PM
i hate to be a pedant, but you originally said "pretty much everyone" and now you're changing it to "the majority". politics is definitely the right career path for you. you've already got it down.

pretty much everyone = the majority

And my "pretty much everyone" referred to US politicians. My entire initial response was only about US politicians (since it was in response to a post about US politicians).

And, if you reread my post, you will see that where I did mention US citizens (not just politicians), I stated: "and the majority of the American public supported going to war with Iraq".

scouse_dave
07-14-2003, 09:01 PM
pretty much everyone = the majoritynah, it doesn't at all...

it's not defined in that sense either in common language, or in dictionaries...

dict.org has 'majority' as:

The greater number; more than half; as, a majority of
mankind; a majority of the votes cast.

so the majority could be 51% for compared to 49% against. that isn't 'pretty much everyone' no matter how you look at it.

Random Female
07-14-2003, 09:03 PM

also random female. i know she may not even have a job right now but her posts suggest someone who really has their shit together despite the stress of trying to crack the real world.

hey, thanks for posting that. Life is being challenging and all regarding family life, but I think i'm handling it almost as well as possible. And I got a cool job being a research assistant at the school i'm going to grad school at, so that part of my life is quite in order - thank God.

And you seem quite well-adjusted despite the challenges you've gone through... it's pretty admirable, really.

I must put twilightfadez, lie, Bluestar, wangcomputers, scouse dave, samsa (i bet she's quite "normal" IRL) on my list.

mpp
07-14-2003, 09:30 PM

admittedly it is frustrating, but that's essentially the definition of american government

crescentfresh
07-14-2003, 09:32 PM
LOL FAT JOKES LOL URE FAT HAHAHAH

mpp
07-14-2003, 09:39 PM
bluestar,

recall that it was a "majority" of the american public that were grossly misinformed concerning the war in iraq via faulty intelligence and an administration willing to utilize it on television in front of millions of trusting viewers

recall that a "majority" also elected gore in the first place

recall that a "majority" is what madison et al warned against in the eighteenth...majority rule is just a euphemism for tyranny of the majority

i'm sure you have a much better argument than "a majority of the american people" wanted to go to war so congress voted for it, so i await it:D

crescentfresh
07-14-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Graveflower

Well, he kind of earns it by constantly shitting on other people for their appearances, doesn't he?
I wasn't even referring to people calling him fat. I didn't even read a lot of the responses after reading the first sentences. please don't attack me when you aren't sure about what i was referring to. i think it is lame that he insults people on their looks as much as i hate it when people call other people fat because they have no other insults. and this is why he insults people too, it is because he has nothing left to say.

god. please stop following me around pouncing on me and assuming that everything i post on here has something to do with fucking nimrod's son. THANK YOU.

crescentfresh
07-14-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Graveflower

uh

I wasn't attacking you. That was more directed at him. One person was calling him fat in the thread, so I'm not sure how I could have assumed anything else. And um, that's also the first time I can think of having directed anything at you. Enjoy.

people are always calling other people fat on here. they call you fat, they call ammy fat, they call mr. rhino fat. I'm so sorry that I didn't speficy what I meant for you.