View Full Version : feeling

eraserhead
07-12-2003, 03:48 PM
have any of you ever listened to a song and felt as if you have had it within you forever but only realized it until you heard it?

let me explain. the first time i listened to stand inside your love i felt like i knew the song intimately. i could sing along to it (almost) and each part that came was new and yet old at the same time. like some sort of strange and powerful long lasting deja vu. amazing.

ps i was not blazed :)

hampsterman22
07-12-2003, 05:34 PM
felt that way with snail, this time and wound.

eraserhead
07-12-2003, 05:58 PM
thats awesome. i had the same feeling with the long and winding road, by the beatles.

oclaftap
07-12-2003, 06:17 PM
yeh i got that on stand inside your love as well, its such an amazing song

pumpkinxyu
07-12-2003, 07:10 PM
the first time i saw the Pumpkins live, when they played "Disarm," i was singing along to the chorus, though i could have sworn that i'd never heard it before. maybe i had, on the radio or something, but i only had MCIS at the time. and there have definitely been other pumpkins songs that have felt like a part of me coming out. "the crying tree of mercury" is not particularly popular amongst most pumpkin fans, but the lyrics are very similar to something i had written a few months before MACHINA's release. i ended up rewriting the lyrics to my song, but it has always made me appreciate "crying tree..." more.

eraserhead
07-12-2003, 08:42 PM
thats cool. i hate it when i write something and then find out that someone else has had the same idea or basic melody structure. lol.