View Full Version : Alternate Hub?

Spaceboy88
07-11-2003, 03:27 PM
Is that "alternate" SP hub still up? If so, what's the address?

Dead
07-11-2003, 03:38 PM
Nope, it failed so they switched to the etree thing instead. Anything I can help you with re: the TSP Hub?

Spaceboy88
07-11-2003, 03:39 PM
Nah. I figured I'd be able to get final metro on the alt. hub. :)

Dead
07-11-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Spaceboy88
Nah. I figured I'd be able to get final metro on the alt. hub. :)
Mmmm. You can probably get a B+P pretty easily. But just so you know, those guys would not have allowed it either. Maybe you can get an FTP trade.

Mr MacPhisto
07-11-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Dead
Nope, it failed so they switched to the etree thing instead. Anything I can help you with re: the TSP Hub?

I created the etree thing, and i had nothing to do with the "alternate" SP hub. Get your facts straight fuckface.

Gpub
07-11-2003, 04:20 PM
oh, shit! Fight! Fight!

G.

Netphorian Gadabout
07-11-2003, 04:22 PM
Anything I can help you with re: the TSP Hub?

Yeah, I got a question, maybe you could help with. I installed a wireless router in my house, and now whenever I try to get on to the hub on either my desktop or laptop, I can log on (in passive mode, not active) and get onto the hub and I can even start a download or stuff like that, but after about 5-10 minutes, it kicks me off all of a sudden, and I have to shutdown DirectConnect to get back on, and then the same thing will happen again.

I hadn't been on the hub, tho, before installing the router in probably 2 months, so if there's some sort of rule change like a minimum share (I think I'm only sharing like 5 gigs) or something I should be aware of, please tell me. If not, any idea what my problem is?

sarasvati
07-11-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Mr MacPhisto

I created the etree thing, and i had nothing to do with the "alternate" SP hub. Get your facts straight fuckface.

I think what Dead was referring to (correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't asked him or anything) was when you were associated with a second hub a while back that was short-lived. But...I think that the 'alternate' hub that is being referred to in this post is the one that Choobie started. I have no idea if that one is still up.

-lauren

ChoobieWoobie
07-11-2003, 04:57 PM
I took the alternate hub down because people couldn't figure out how to use alternate port addresses (ours was 6234). The original reason that i started the hub was to make MP3 shows available to people, but decided against that (thanks to a talk to a talk with Lauren). Right now, I don't see a reason to put the alternate hub up, because we already have a great hub for SP shows...the only difference between the two is that you could download the final show from ours. If you really want the final show, e-mail me ... choobiewoobieATsofthome.net and i'll do a B+P for you.

-choob

MstrGhost
07-11-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Pumpkins23836

after about 5-10 minutes, it kicks me off all of a sudden, and I have to shutdown DirectConnect to get back on, and then the same thing will happen again.

I had similar problems before switching to dc++ instead of direct connect, maybe it's just the same problem.

sarasvati
07-11-2003, 07:12 PM
Yeah guys, try http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net ... dc++ is waaaay better than neomodus :)

Dead
07-11-2003, 09:56 PM
I was referring to the quinto hub, you genius. If you couldn't figure that out then I don't know what to tell you.

RumoredToTheS&N
07-11-2003, 10:40 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was referring to the quinto hub, you genius. If you couldn't figure that out then I don't know what to tell you.

i'm confused. i thought mr macphisto and quinto were the same guy.

Netphorian Gadabout
07-13-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by MstrGhost

I had similar problems before switching to dc++ instead of direct connect, maybe it's just the same problem.

Unfortunately, this didn't help. I still can start a download or something like that but after about 5 minutes, the entire hub shuts down for me. Any other ideas, anyone?

sarasvati
07-13-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Pumpkins23836

Unfortunately, this didn't help. I still can start a download or something like that but after about 5 minutes, the entire hub shuts down for me. Any other ideas, anyone?

the entire hub shuts down? How do you mean....your downloads start and then they disconnect, or the whole hub disconnects you?

Netphorian Gadabout
07-13-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by sarasvati

the entire hub shuts down? How do you mean....your downloads start and then they disconnect, or the whole hub disconnects you?
Here's what happens:

*** Connecting to tsphub.dyndns.org...
*** Connected
[Hub-Security] This hub is running version 1.0.25 of the NeoModus Direct Connect Hub Software.
Testing testing 1 2 3.
(wait 10-15 minutes)
*** Connection reset by server
(wait 30 seconds or so, then automatically)
*** Connecting to tsphub.dyndns.org...
*** Connected

While it's on "connection reset by server," the list off all the users on the right disappears, but my download keeps going. I have no idea if anything I'm uploading is affected.

sarasvati
07-13-2003, 08:55 PM
Have you tried recently? Like, when you tried, the hub might have been down...

Netphorian Gadabout
07-13-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by sarasvati
Have you tried recently? Like, when you tried, the hub might have been down...

Yeah, it's not a hub problem, it's something on my end. I'll get on and I'm on the hub, I can see the list of users, see the chat going on, and can download stuff. But every fifteen minutes or so, it disconnects me and reconnects me automatically a minute later. Any download I have going is unaffected.