View Full Version : Comments on Silverfuck from the last show

Reyngel
07-10-2003, 10:06 AM
So, I've listened to it like three times now, and I guess... it doesn't really impress me all that much. I don't know what exactly I expected all this time. I think I expected to hear a more "original version" sound, but instead it sounded completely Machina-era. It's cool to hear while remembering that it's the last song they ever played, though. I think it's also cool to hear the crowd chanting "Silverfuck!" right before Billy says "Are you ready?"

Ugly
07-10-2003, 10:16 AM
I like it. Its no Earphoria Silverfuck, but its still pretty cool cuz it dips and dodges over all these sonic directions then lands right back onto the original Silverfuck. Lots of Billy ranting. Tons of energy in the crowd. The way it kicks in as an almost-but-not-quite Silverfuck at the beginning and when Billy says "I hear your winter" and everybody goes absoutely apeshit is friggin great

I'm wondering what happens after it cuts out at 25:00 or so. (aside from Billy crying, that is) was it just more random guitar noodling, were there more lyrics or did it work back into the classic Silverfuck?

Reyngel
07-10-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Ugly
I like it. Its no Earphoria Silverfuck, but its still pretty cool cuz it dips and dodges over all these sonic directions then lands right back onto the original Silverfuck. Lots of Billy ranting. Tons of energy in the crowd. The way it kicks in as an almost-but-not-quite Silverfuck at the beginning and when Billy says "I hear your winter" and everybody goes absoutely apeshit is friggin great

I'm wondering what happens after it cuts out at 25:00 or so. (aside from Billy crying, that is) was it just more random guitar noodling, were there more lyrics or did it work back into the classic Silverfuck?

I'm listening to it again right now. I love the "Everything's gonna be alright" part. It seems like from that point on, Billy becomes really emotional... makes the song sound cooler. But I think my favorite part is the whole "Bang bang you're dead, put a hole right through that head" jam. Definitely some energy in that.

As for after 25 minutes. Yeah... who knows. Anyone from the show remember how the song ends?

Ugly
07-10-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Reyngel

"Bang bang you're dead, put a hole right through that head" jam.

Yeah, that part is awesome too. The best you can compare it too is the MCIS-era Silverfuck’s. Though it doesn’t drag as much as those do sometimes. The highlight of the thing is when the classic riff kicks in though. I wish they had done more that that.

Its not the tightest song they’ve ever played, in fact at points its damn sloppy, but just the fact that it’s the last song and they’re giving it all they got and everybody is going nuts makes it a lot better.

Reyngel
07-10-2003, 10:33 AM
Yeah.

Another thing... at 22:09... the music gets REALLY scary, cool sounding. Kinda reminds me of like, some final-boss theme music from a video game. Hehe.

Caine Walker
07-10-2003, 10:53 AM
during those last few minutes, billy let out the evilest, most demonic scream i have every heard from a human being. highlight of the song, i thought.

MstrGhost
07-10-2003, 03:22 PM
Its starts to sound new and how I like right in the end only, anyway, I love that mcis part at 13:30-17:30 *drools*

Boseph
07-10-2003, 05:52 PM
Forgive me for being ignorant...but is there somewhere I can download this?

MstrGhost
07-10-2003, 08:34 PM
for the last time for fuck's sake search shn/lossless hubs

Reyngel
07-10-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by MstrGhost
for the last time for fuck's sake search shn/lossless hubs

It's also everywhere on mp3.

Boseph
07-10-2003, 10:36 PM

It's also everywhere on mp3.

Could you point me in a more specific direction? Is there a site or an ftp that is currently hosting it?

INFECTED
07-11-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Boseph

Could you point me in a more specific direction? Is there a site or an ftp that is currently hosting it?

Boycott Graceland
07-11-2003, 01:36 PM
I'm wondering what happens after it cuts out at 25:00 or so. (aside from Billy crying, that is)
i wonder if he cried directly in to the microphone...

hampsterman22
07-11-2003, 05:32 PM
can i get a link to the hub?

kromkamp
07-12-2003, 01:12 PM
At least a couple of people are now hosting the show on Soulseek, and I'm hosting what I have now, which unfortunately is only Silverfuck...

IIRC, they jammed for almost 45 minutes on this Silverfuck, so I think we're missing a good portion of it unfortunately. Still, good to hear this much again.

Does anyone know if any of the uncirculation sources has a complete Silverfuck on it?

Reyngel
07-12-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by kromkamp
At least a couple of people are now hosting the show on Soulseek, and I'm hosting what I have now, which unfortunately is only Silverfuck...

IIRC, they jammed for almost 45 minutes on this Silverfuck, so I think we're missing a good portion of it unfortunately. Still, good to hear this much again.

Does anyone know if any of the uncirculation sources has a complete Silverfuck on it?

45 minutes? I remember reading from a lot of people that the song was only about 30 minutes, maybe less... so, between 25:09 and 30 or something.

Ugly
07-12-2003, 01:33 PM
IIRC, they jammed for almost 45 minutes on this Silverfuck

you're thinking of the one MCIS tour Silverfuck that went on for 45 minutes and then D'Arcy walked off stage and Billy took her bass.

Speaking of which, is that file floating around? I know I saw it around a few years ago but I didn't get it.

Woody
07-12-2003, 02:05 PM

Silverfuck that went on for 45 minutes

Yum - yum. If anyone has that on mp3 and would be willing to temporarily host it for a while that would be awesome.

Reyngel
07-12-2003, 02:19 PM
I have it on my old computer down in California... I think. Guess that doesn't help much. If I remember though, the quality was kinda crappy.

neopryn
07-12-2003, 02:41 PM
I have it on my old computer down in California... I think. Guess that doesn't help much. If I remember though, the quality was kinda crappy.
Yeah, the quality sucks, but it's still awesome. I burned it to CD a while back so I don't have the mp3.

kromkamp
07-12-2003, 03:29 PM
I dunno, you may be right. Its been almost 3 years :) I have it in my mind that it was around 45 minutes long though....

I dont recall it kicking back into a regular Silverfuck. I think theres some ranting about "We are and will always be the Smashing Pumpkins" ?!? And something like "Thats it, we've got nothing left to give" before they finish it up....

Reyngel
07-12-2003, 04:37 PM
I dunno, you may be right. Its been almost 3 years :) I have it in my mind that it was around 45 minutes long though....

I dont recall it kicking back into a regular Silverfuck. I think theres some ranting about "We are and will always be the Smashing Pumpkins" ?!? And something like "Thats it, we've got nothing left to give" before they finish it up....

I'm listening to it right now, and the certainly kick back into the regular Silverfuck. As for the lyrics, see SPFC.

MstrGhost
07-12-2003, 09:35 PM
"We are and will always be the Smashing Pumpkins"

Funny, that was said also in 97/01/08 silverfuck.

kromkamp
07-13-2003, 02:26 PM
Alright, so maybe I dont know what the fuck I'm talking about :)

Of course, the only way to be 100% sure is for you to upload the full version of the song Reyngel :) :)

Reyngel
07-13-2003, 08:18 PM
Alright, so maybe I dont know what the fuck I'm talking about :)

Of course, the only way to be 100% sure is for you to upload the full version of the song Reyngel :) :)

Say please.

mrjackalope
07-13-2003, 10:50 PM
wow, i just downloaded, the crowd noise sucks, but holy shit...

cap'n jazz
07-14-2003, 03:02 AM

Say please.

Please!

kromkamp
07-14-2003, 11:16 AM
Absolutely please, man....!

sarmatianus
07-15-2003, 03:02 AM
The SPFC lyrics sheet, while a good guide, is very flawed and incomplete for even the 25 minute version.

Examples of errors:
"she sits down" where it should be "she says to him"

Examples of omissions:
After the lyrics end on the SPFC there is still plenty to go including a lyric that *******s the phrase "all through the winters of my discontent"

The point is - the SPFC lyrics only reflect a quick transcription of the 25 minutes, with no attempt to even jot down the last few verses on the recording. Therefore, there is a lot both in the end of the recording and however much beyond it which was not directly transcribed.

Alias
07-15-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by MstrGhost

Funny, that was said also in 97/01/08 silverfuck.

yeah. along with another 15 or 20 jams they did around that era.

Woody
07-15-2003, 04:02 PM
Please, Reyngel :)

MstrGhost
07-15-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Alias

yeah. along with another 15 or 20 jams they did around that era.

Nice, altough I have a shitload of mcis era shows I didn't remember it in other shows since I miss the late 96' ones (and belive it's not also on 97/1/6 or 97/1/7 as far as I remember). Anyway, the 96/7/5 is also very good (and recording a+ too), being mostly the same as that 00/12/02 mcis part.