View Full Version : help with billy quote?

beef curtains
07-09-2003, 08:35 PM
Billy said something ages ago about exes to the effect of "if you hurt me, fuck you, you're out of my life"

Can someone give me the exact quote and context of the article/interview ?

Ugly
07-09-2003, 09:44 PM
no luck finding it here, but you can dig through Quotephoria on the very website that this board is for. I'm liking it, I haven't read them in years. Here's a few Billy gems:

<I>

"The whole point of the Smashing Pumpkins was to blow everybody away, so it didn't make sense to be funny at the same time. We were too busy trying to pummel your fucking head in."

"Well, when I was 20 and I met D'arcy, my whole thing was music, music, music, 24-7. And i couldn't understand why D'arcy wasn't music, music, music, 24-7. D'arcy was like, 'I have a fucking life. It can't be that way.' "

"I hate how in magazine pictures, they always stick me somewhere in the back. It means they don't think I'm the cute one."

"Say you write a song about a chandelier, and the chandelier gives off light. And the light is the color red and red reminds you of the color your not supposed to wear around a bull. So you name the song 'Cow.' "

The basic thing is just fuck everybody. It's that feeling where no one understands: 'Who the fuck are my friends? Fuck you. Fuck everybody. Fuck everything.' It's just that thought - pure frustration. And with 'disconnection,' we're talking about different levels of existence here, like in high school. I'd sit and look at that fuckin' clock and think, 'I'm not gonna make it! I can't make through the rest of this day - I'm gonna freak out, I'm gonna fuckin' strangle this teacher, I'm gonna fuckin' shoot this guy next to me!' Well how do you get through that? You just turn yourself off. How do you get through, like, your fuckin' parent beating you over the head? You just shut it off." <B>- on "Fuck You (An Ode to No One)" </B>

"Well, I had this really traumatic experience when I was fifteen. I got shrunk and I had to live in a thimble, and let me tell you that it was hard. The food was plentiful and all, but the attack of the rats got to be a bit much. It came out of the experiences of that time." <B>- on inspiration for the song "Stumbleine"</B>

"We're the worst band in America... That makes us the best."

"I'm looking forward to some kind of well-coordinated Floyd future, perhaps even a floating pig of our own."

"Well, what we normally do, is every city we go to, we hire a fifteen year old boy and we turn it up until he starts to make a funny face, and then we turn it up about ten notches louder then that." <B>- explaining how they decide how loud a concert should be </B>

"I guess we should apologize now for making you all miss the Super Bowl. If it makes you feel any better, um, in the second quarter the players decided that they were all going to choose the path of non-violence and they all gave up football. So the game was suspended anyway so you're not missing anything." - <B>talking to fans at a concert on the same day as the Super Bowl</B>

"We are proud to be the first full services alternative rock band. What does that mean to you? You want service, we'll give it to you....If you want to hear an Oasis song, we'll play one!"

"Before Thanksgiving, the turkey on your tables was a happy, free turkey, who could think and do as he wished. Just think about that after you're done eating on Thanksgiving."

<B>Q:</B> "Was the band lacking something without Jimmy then?
<B>Billy:</B> "We noticed the absence of a maniacal laugh."

"Stay in school. Lie to your teachers, but stay in school."

</I>

cap'n jazz
07-10-2003, 05:19 AM
:rofl:

zoodboog
07-10-2003, 05:19 AM

Boycott Graceland
07-10-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Ugly

<B>Q:</B> "Was the band lacking something without Jimmy then?
<B>Billy:</B> "We noticed the absence of a maniacal laugh."</I>

http://www.my-mistake.net/infinitepics/band/band350.jpg

zoodboog
07-10-2003, 08:12 AM
^^^ i think i liked the band better before Freddie Mercury joined

MstrGhost
07-10-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by zoodboog
^^^ i think i liked the band better before Freddie Mercury joined

:rofl:

severin
07-10-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Boycott Graceland

http://www.my-mistake.net/infinitepics/band/band350.jpg this has to be the worst picture of any band, ever