View Full Version : Iha in APC

Nimrod's Son
07-09-2003, 03:31 AM
What do you guys think? Put aside the fact that you love Iha for a second, and think about whether or not you think he's a good fit for the band.

My personal take on it is that Iha's style doesn't fit well at all with APC and that his inclusion is just a way for them to snipe at Zwan for stealing Paz.

pale blue eyes
07-09-2003, 08:36 AM
I don't think, from what I have heard and seen of both, that he will make a perfect fit but I'll wait until they tour. I think it will at least be interesting.

The Gaddrow
07-09-2003, 08:40 AM
I just want to see what that guy can do when not in the context of the Pumpkins, or LICD. ie: ROCK.

I would have never thought of him in that band, but I could see how it could work. My first thought when they lost Paz, and added Twiggy and Lohner was that they had lost a lot of the feminine vibe they had on the first album, and imagined more of a masculine rock thing going on. Iha brings the feminine side back somewhat. :p

This was not a very coherant post.

McCollum
07-09-2003, 09:13 AM
Saw this bit of news on www.theninhotline.com today... Check it... Especially the track titles on the new album...

Note that Danny Lohner and James Iha are not mentioned in this write-up.

APC Super Mega Update!!

Virgin Records has dropped a big load of A Perfect Circle news upon us. For those of you too lazy to click the link, I was nice enough to paste it here:

A PERFECT CIRCLE COMPLETES NEW ALBUM
Virgin recording group A Perfect Circle has concluded a half-year creative process of emotional soul-searching with the completion of their much-anticipated second album, THIRTEENTH STEP. The darkly textured collection of new songs will be unveiled during a two-week string of very exclusive club dates across the country beginning July 26th , it was announced today. The new album will arrive in stores on September 16th, the follow-up to the platinum Mer De Noms, APC’s extraordinary Virgin Records debut of May 2000.
A dramatically powerful album that picks up sonically where Mer De Noms left off, THIRTEENTH STEP is a conceptual exploration of the darker side of the human psyche. The final sequence of songs *******s: “The Package,” “Weak and Powerless,” “The Noose,” “Blue,” “Vanishing,” “A Stranger,” “The Outsider,” “Crimes,” “The Nurse Who Loved Me,” “Pet,” “Lullaby,” and “Gravity.”
On THIRTEENTH STEP, core members Maynard James Keenan (singer), Billy Howerdel (guitarist) and Josh Freese (drummer) are joined by former Marilyn Manson bassist Jeordie White (previously known as Twiggy Ramirez), who will be introduced to A Perfect Circle’s legions of fans on the upcoming tour dates.

The dates are:
July 26th Denver, CO Ogden Theater
July 28th Dallas, TX Grenada Theater
July 30th Atlanta, GA Roxy Theater
August 1st Norfolk, VA The Norva
August 2nd Washington, DC 9:30 Club
August 3rd Boston, MA Berklee Academy of Music
August 5th New York, NY Irving Plaza
August 6th Philadelphia, PA Theater of Living Arts
August 8th Cleveland, OH Odeon
August 9th Detroit, MI St. Andrew’s Hall
August 10th Chicago, IL Cabaret Metro
August 11th Minneapolis, MN Pantages

McCollum
07-09-2003, 09:58 AM
you forgot the "James Iha probably isn't even going to be in APC" option.

NegativeSleep
07-09-2003, 10:40 AM
with the Paz and her violin gone, they need some mad Ebow action from James.

shaniqua
07-09-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by McCollum
you forgot the "James Iha probably isn't even going to be in APC" option.

Eulogy
07-09-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son

his inclusion is just a way for them to snipe at Zwan for stealing Paz.
I don't see how adding James would affect anything that has to do with Zwan.

Liquid-J
07-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Remember around the time of the pumpkins breakup when james was saying something to the effect of he'd been playing loud, distortion-drenched music for over ten years, and he didn't really enjoy it anymore? and billy said that james wanted to go in his own musical direction, different from what the pumpkins had been doing?

that sorta stuff makes me think he might not be in apc

but if he is, i don't think he'll add much

bonsor
07-09-2003, 03:52 PM
depends on how much howardell actually lets him do.

it is similar to zwan in that they seem to have collected musician's from all over the place (tool, nin, marilyn manson, and now the smashing pumpkins), so that makes me skeptical as to how much he'll actually contribute. even if he only affects the band one iota, it wouldn't be a bad change, at all.

hell, if james played with me, it sure as hell wouldn't suck.

bonsor
07-09-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by ******
(tool, nin, marilyn manson)which reminds me...

is this the closest wel'll ever come to hearing tapeworm?

Boycott Graceland
07-09-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Liquid-J
Remember around the time of the pumpkins breakup when james was saying something to the effect of he'd been playing loud, distortion-drenched music for over ten years, and he didn't really enjoy it anymore? and billy said that james wanted to go in his own musical direction, different from what the pumpkins had been doing?

that sorta stuff makes me think he might not be in apc

but if he is, i don't think he'll add much
i agree.

neopryn
07-09-2003, 04:23 PM
which reminds me...

is this the closest wel'll ever come to hearing tapeworm?
yes

Trent will never record another note of music.

bonsor
07-09-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by neopryn
Trent will never record another note of music. thank god.

Eulogy
07-09-2003, 05:42 PM
thank god.

Don't get your hopes up, guy.

Just give him a couple more years. He'll be back.

Mooney
07-09-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by neopryn

yes

Trent will never record another note of music.

i thought tapeworm was more lohner, and not trent.

Nimrod's Son
07-09-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Mooney

i thought tapeworm was more lohner, and not trent. Right now, it's all waiting on Trent, or so I hear.