View Full Version : the meaning of bullet

oclaftap
07-04-2003, 04:48 PM
maybe im dumb cause this took me so long

"someone will say what is lost can never be saved"
someone= psalm 1
old job- innocent man burdened with horrible things that he could not escape from.
billy compares himself to old job the whole song hence "despite all my rage im still just a rat in a cage"

Injektilo
07-04-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by oclaftap

someone= psalm 1
old job- innocent man burdened with horrible things that he could not escape from.
billy compares himself to old job the whole song hence "despite all my rage im still just a rat in a cage"

brilliant!

Eulogy
07-04-2003, 06:03 PM

:erm

Reyngel
07-04-2003, 06:17 PM
Take it a step further... I always thought that the song meant that the only freedom is through death. I think the name "Bullet with Butterfly Wings" is a metaphorical way of saying that death can set you free. I dunno, heh.

oclaftap
07-04-2003, 10:18 PM
yeh that or I always thought the title meant like hate is beautiful, or nothing is without beauty or something like that

Ugly
07-04-2003, 11:16 PM
Bullet is simply Billy's "I'm a whiny little bitch" song. At least it rocks, though.

Eulogy
07-05-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Ugly
Bullet is simply Billy's "I'm a whiny little bitch" song. At least it rocks, though.

Dur

There's like 30 of those.

alisonmonster
07-05-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Eulogy

Dur

Yeah , no kidding , but i guess thats part of the charm. I gave up analyzing the songs long ago , it takes too long.

Ugly
07-05-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Eulogy

Dur

Yah, but Bullet is the whinniest, bitchiest song he has cuz he's complaing about being a rock star. <B><I>YEAH, WHATEVER!! FUCK YOU, BUDDY!! I WISH I HAD YOUR PROBLEMS, YOU FUCKING DIPSHIT!!!</I></B>

alisonmonster
07-05-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Ugly

Yah, but Bullet is the whinniest, bitchiest song he has cuz he's complaing about being a rock star. <B><I>YEAH, WHATEVER!! FUCK YOU, BUDDY!! I WISH I HAD YOUR PROBLEMS, YOU FUCKING DIPSHIT!!!</I></B>

Uh...this is a fansite right?:confused:

Cassius
07-05-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by alisonmonster

Uh...this is a fansite right?:confused:

:D

I always thought it was about stardom as someone mentioned, like the world is a vampire draining him, can you fake it for one more show, he is a rat in a cage, as a metaphor for the cage of his videos or cds where people observe him ect.

I stopped analysing songs ages ago, might start again i got interested now :)

pale blue eyes
07-05-2003, 09:12 AM
I never really tried to analyze songs or look up what other people thought. The main reason I liked some of these songs is because of what they meant to me. I always thought if I started to find out how other people had interpreted then the songs might not mean as much to me. This was back when I was a teenage literally obsessed with them but I am still glad Billy rarely explained his songs and just let us enjoy them.

In-Valid
07-05-2003, 09:33 AM

someone= psalm 1

excellent work. can you interpet the below song for me because I am rather :confused:

ERIATARKA

And there are those who
Hadn't found the speaking so wrong
Is it wrong
Of pavolov lore
They ran rampant through the floors
Is this wrong
Feels so wrong
Happened on a respirator
In the basements
Are they gone are they gone
Stung the slang of a gallows bird
Rationed a dead letter pure
Trackmarked amoeba lands craft
Cartwheel of scratches
Dress the tapeworm as pet
Tenticles smirk please
Flinched the cocooned meat
Infra-recon forgets
Now there are those who find
Comfort in the breathing
Wrong-is it wrong
It houses the watchful eyes
They're panting in a pattern in droves
Are they gone
Happened on a respirator bet
In the basements
Is it gone
Are they gone
Stung the slang of a gallows bird
Sanctioned a dead letter pure
trackmarked amoeba lands craft
cartwheel of scratches
dress the tape worm as pets
tentacles smirk please
flinch the cacooned meat
infra-recon forgets
evaporated the fur
because it covers them
if you only knew the plans they had for us
evaporated the fur
because it covers them
if you only knew the plans they had for us
They used to have pulses in them
But impulse has made the strong
They used to have pulses in them
But impulse has made them strong
Evaporated the fur
Because it covers them
If you only knew the plans they had for us
Cartwheel of scratches
Dress the tapeworm as pets
Tentacles smirk please
Flinch the cacooned meat
Infra-reco forgets
gotta be a way
Of getting out
Are you just growing old
Cartwheel of scratches
Dress the tapeworm as pets

oclaftap
07-05-2003, 02:49 PM
yeh i think that ones about the return of van-halen

Jcob
07-05-2003, 03:47 PM
I think Bullet is simply about a bullet with butterfly wings. In the "Despite all my rage.." part Billy is just becomig the bullet, feeling what it feels, being different from all the other bullets in the world. The other bullets don't have wings. "They are laughing at me because i'm different, I'm angry". You know, it makes sense, if you think about it.

oclaftap
07-05-2003, 09:22 PM
Yeh but theres a lot of mention to the bible,
like the book of Old Job, then Psalm 1 of the bible, then the who Jesus was an only son, tell me im the only one bridge thing.
Billy feels that he is tortued undeservingly and thats what the song is basically about, at least thats how i take it in cause the pices fit together

Reyngel
07-05-2003, 11:49 PM
Yeh but theres a lot of mention to the bible,
like the book of Old Job, then Psalm 1 of the bible, then the who Jesus was an only son, tell me im the only one bridge thing.
Billy feels that he is tortued undeservingly and thats what the song is basically about, at least thats how i take it in cause the pices fit together

Yeah I know. He's being tortured. But I think the song is saying that the only way to escape that torture... the only way to be truly free... is through death.

oclaftap
07-05-2003, 11:51 PM
yeh probably

0RyaN0
07-06-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Jcob
I think Bullet is simply about a bullet with butterfly wings. In the "Despite all my rage.." part Billy is just becomig the bullet, feeling what it feels, being different from all the other bullets in the world. The other bullets don't have wings. "They are laughing at me because i'm different, I'm angry". You know, it makes sense, if you think about it.

5 stars. :D

ShinyMcShine
07-08-2003, 04:23 PM
The BWBW demo is the key. Nowhere in that demo does he mention jesus. Stop trying to work in religion. It isn't there.

RobTheGood
07-08-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Cassius

I always thought it was about stardom as someone mentioned, like the world is a vampire draining him, can you fake it for one more show, he is a rat in a cage, as a metaphor for the cage of his videos or cds where people observe him ect.

i see this as being the true interpretation.

I remember Billy being all pissed because someone spliced up an interview he did explaining DISARM lyrics, and it made him sound like he wanted to kill children, pedophile type shit?

They turned him into a bullet -- but there are butterfly wings on it, resembling beauty peace.

NO matter what he does he'll be labeled the way media sees fit.

jczeroman
07-08-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Jcob

:rofl:

Caine Walker
07-08-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by jczeroman

:rofl:

Canned Kitty
07-09-2003, 12:00 AM
the meaning of a bullet is to kill somebody or something.

oclaftap
07-11-2003, 11:12 PM
no that would be murder