View Full Version : the rapture

noyen
07-02-2003, 11:26 PM
cool, dudes.

Lie
07-02-2003, 11:30 PM
See, there you go again. You always come across as a smartass.

sawdust restaurants
07-02-2003, 11:49 PM
HOUSE OF!
JEALOUS LOVERS!

I don't care what the kids say--that song is fucking awesome. Too bad the rest are mostly bleh.

noyen
07-02-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Lie
See, there you go again. You always come across as a smartass.

i don't get it. sleater-kinney are decent, but come on. they're not going to add anything amazing to any cover they do. they have their sound, and seem to stick to it. THOSE CRAZY INNOVATORS. who cares if they covered a shitty song and didn't pull it off. COME ON.

i don't like making new topics about music because someone is just going to go YEAH NO KIDDING DUDE, or THEY SUCK. someone is just going to think i'm pretentious for liking a band, or someone is going to say i've been listening to them before you, or someone is going to say WELCOME TO 1983. i happen to think they're fucking amazing.. i've been listening to them for the better part of a year, but had no one to really talk to them about, until i threw some songs at jenniferkate and she liked them too so i was all, oh lets see what netphoria thinks. the chair that squeaks and the psych furs cover are my favorites of the moment. i found the 7" this weekend and lurv it. and killer, infatuation, ollo, heaven!. i can't seem to get enough of them. his voice gives me tingles the way robert smith did when i first started listening to the cure.

:(

Lie
07-03-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by noyen
i don't get it. sleater-kinney are decent, but come on. they're not going to add anything amazing to any cover they do. they have their sound, and seem to stick to it. THOSE CRAZY INNOVATORS. who cares if they covered a shitty song and didn't pull it off. COME ON.

i don't like making new topics about music because someone is just going to go YEAH NO KIDDING DUDE, or THEY SUCK. someone is just going to think i'm pretentious for liking a band, or someone is going to say i've been listening to them before you, or someone is going to say WELCOME TO 1983. i happen to think they're fucking amazing.. i've been listening to them for the better part of a year, but had no one to really talk to them about, until i threw some songs at jenniferkate and she liked them too so i was all, oh lets see what netphoria thinks. the chair that squeaks and the psych furs cover are my favorites of the moment. i found the 7" this weekend and lurv it. and killer, infatuation, ollo, heaven!. i can't seem to get enough of them. his voice gives me tingles the way robert smith did when i first started listening to the cure.

:(

I haven't heard the Sleater-Kinney cover and I like the Rapture. I just think it's funny how no matter what you say it's impossible to tell whether you're being serious or whether you're making fun of the rest of us. It almost seems like you don't even know. ;)

noyen
07-03-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Lie

I haven't heard the Sleater-Kinney cover and I like the Rapture. I just think it's funny how no matter what you say it's impossible to tell whether you're being serious or whether you're making fun of the rest of us. It almost seems like you don't even know. ;)

oh, i know if i am or not. i just don't like being so easily read as some people here. :) i like to confuse.

noyen
07-03-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Graveflower
i like the 7 tracks I've heard from the Rapture album a lot

:love:

do you have echoes or mirror?

you should download the one or other you havent heard yet and 'the chair the squeaks' 7" :)

Cassius
07-03-2003, 12:55 AM
Its the sunglasses smiley you had above your initial post, it implies you think what your about to say is cool/makes you cool.

eg

:cool: the snakes muppets

nice sounds.

compared with.

:eek: the wobbly danglies

cool shit

sawdust restaurants
07-03-2003, 12:56 AM
Yeah. Mirror is a full-length and their debut, I think.

noyen
07-03-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Cassius
Its the sunglasses smiley you had above your initial post, it implies you think what your about to say is cool/makes you cool.

eg

:cool: the snakes muppets

nice sounds.

compared with.

:eek: the wobbly danglies

cool shit

i don't understand this hip internet progressive thinking with smileys. my opinion makes me cool? i don't need any help in how i want to get my points across, if that's what you're here for. i think the rapture are cool. christ you people can be so god damned obtuse.

Cassius
07-03-2003, 01:15 AM
You didnt get why Lie thought u were coming across as a smartass. Just trying to help by suggesting a possible cause.

noyen
07-03-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by sawdust restaurants
Yeah. Mirror is a full-length and their debut, I think.

echoes is their upcoming "debut" album. mirror is their real debut, but i guess it doesnt count because it was *not* on a major or something. it's awfully confusing. maybe it's really an ep. who knows. i just wish echoes would come out already.

noyen
07-03-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Cassius
You didnt get why Lie thought u were coming across as a smartass. Just trying to help by suggesting a possible cause.

thanks, dude who can read peoples minds and also get their points across for the 'getting-point-across-impaired'.

tear stained glass
07-03-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by sawdust restaurants
HOUSE OF!
JEALOUS LOVERS!

I don't care what the kids say--that song is fucking awesome. Too bad the rest are mostly bleh. See, I download whole albums and just click random songs and that happened to be the only Rapture song I've heard and I thought it was rad. But thanks to you I know that even if I enjoy the other ones, I'll be wrong. Dead wrong.

This summer Chris from Netphoria is Johnny Adams in <i>Quick, Put That Record Down Because It Sucks and If You Don't I'll Kill You Using Said Record</i>. Coming to a theater near you. Soundtrack featuring REM, Neko Case, and Tom Waits.

Cassius
07-03-2003, 01:23 AM

thanks, dude who can read peoples minds and also get their points across for the 'getting-point-across-impaired'.

Dont mention it

:cool:

jenniferkate
07-07-2003, 08:36 PM

i've been listening to them for the better part of a year, but had no one to really talk to them about, until i threw some songs at jenniferkate and she liked them too so i was all

and im all nairb lets go to brooklyn and stalk them

Canned Kitty
07-07-2003, 08:41 PM
or someone is going to say WELCOME TO 1983.

sometimes that's you, cum bubble.

noyen
07-08-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Canned Kitty

sometimes that's you, cum bubble.

if you were paying attention, i said "WELCOME TO 1983" in 2 threads before and after i replied to this one, julio. i am that dude. i refrenced myself. thanks silver somatic. welcome to 1983.