View Full Version : whats radiohead taping policy

Bobbin TB
07-02-2003, 03:01 PM
im going to a concert in august and would just like to know. the radiohead community isnt really as organized as the SP community. maybe im just new and dont know where to look.

zerozwan
07-02-2003, 03:17 PM
i'm quite sure there isn't a formal 'open taping' policy... but a lot of good radiohead tapes exist, so they're probably quite leniant.

i wouldn't try bringing in a mic stand or anything... but i wouldn't really worry about stealthing your gear in.

i'm sure someone else could give you more information than me, though.

Brute Squad
07-02-2003, 04:20 PM
Generally, people with decent or great gear tape Radiohead shows. These tapers usually have no connection to the Radiohead "trading community", because it consists of idiots who still think that mp3 is just fine and dandy. Although there is the rh hub, but they'll take any recording they can get their hands on. it's kind of sad.

MisterLove
07-02-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Andrew Fogelsong
Generally, people with decent or great gear tape Radiohead shows. These tapers usually have no connection to the Radiohead "trading community", because it consists of idiots who still think that mp3 is just fine and dandy. Although there is the rh hub, but they'll take any recording they can get their hands on. it's kind of sad.

i know. I've been going there lately to download the occasional show. For example. I get the preFM Warrrington show and the damn thing has two second gaps and pops between each track. I've tried to dl it twice so it wasn't specific to one person. I emailed the hub op about it... no response. I mentioned it several times in the "chat" in the hub. I think the only response I got in there was someone asking "What is TAO???". Completely fucking aloof.

Gary
07-03-2003, 03:38 PM
I'm pretty sure that they don't give a fuck.
I went to see their Belfast gig in May and there was no searching or anything of that sort. My mate I was with was able to get a few good video clips with his digital camera and regretted not bringing his MD to tape it with afterwards. I dont know if it will be any different for the US tour, but you should have no problems with taping it.

Evil Bill
07-04-2003, 02:39 PM
fuck...the board just ate my lengthly post.

To summarise:

-I taped belfast with no problems, but how easy it is to tape is venue dependent.

-MisterLove's post about the radiohead hub is a harsh generalisation. The hub is a big step up for the radiohead "trading community" so that instead of trading with people for mp3/tao/error-ridden coasters you can go a centralised resource for high quality radiohead shows.

-You had bad luck donwloading a show that was TAO, i however have downloaded lots of shows, all of which were fine.

-The "what is tao?" comment obviously came from someone new to the hub and trading and is not representative of the majority of the hubs users.

-Mark

radioheadlive.kicks-ass.net