View Full Version : How are lace sensor pick-ups?

the_marked
08-04-2002, 08:23 PM
i had a les paul, but i really didn't like the feel of it
i like the strat models much better, even if they are cheaper. i wanna get a 57 strat like billy's, and was wondering if anyone here tried/uses lace sensor pickups. i know, getting a guitar just like billy's is lame, but i dont care. i want a strat, so i might as well get a 57 reissue since billy's my fave singer. anyways, he uses silver, red, and blue lace sensors pick-ups.

Ganymede33
08-04-2002, 11:58 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by the_marked:
i like the strat models much better, even if they are cheaper. i wanna get a 57 strat like billy's, and was wondering if anyone here tried/uses lace sensor pickups. i know, getting a guitar just like billy's is lame, but i dont care. i want a strat, so i might as well get a 57 reissue since billy's my fave singer. anyways, he uses silver, red, and blue lace sensors pick-ups. </font>

It's not lame if that's the sound you want. Since it worked for him, who says it won't work for you?

Smiley
08-05-2002, 12:01 AM
You might want to look into the Eric Clapton strat... it's a Fender Strat with lace sensor pickups already in it.

Sorry, but that's all I have to contribute to this topic.

------------------
"love does not always have to be quiet and graceful, it can be boisterous and loud and even rude, to shout above the din to be heard sometimes... if only to bring a little peace" -bc
http://www.suicidekiss.org

mydogrocks
08-05-2002, 12:27 AM
Lace Sensors (red/silver/blue) are great pickups. If you desire a SP sound or not. They have virtually no hum and are very dynamic. They get you past the strat quak into a humbucking range of sound.

If you are after Billy's SP guitar sound get an ash or swamp ash body guitar. It will be heavier than poplar but be truer to the instrument he played.

VegasPumpkin
08-05-2002, 02:04 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by the_marked:
i like the strat models much better, even if they are cheaper. i wanna get a 57 strat like billy's, and was wondering if anyone here tried/uses lace sensor pickups. i know, getting a guitar just like billy's is lame, but i dont care. i want a strat, so i might as well get a 57 reissue since billy's my fave singer. anyways, he uses silver, red, and blue lace sensors pick-ups. </font>
I have never seen Billy play a '57 strat. Every strat that I've seen him play is a 70's strat. It has the oversized headstock, bullet truss rod, and its a 3 bolt neck which actually takes away from the stability of the neck. You can get mexican made reissues in the price range of 550-650 depending on the finishes and everything. The only pain about lace sensors is that lace sensors are active(i think) which means that they require a battery. They sound pretty good though. Like Billy says, they have the low end of an SG with the high end of a strat.

kurt rambis
08-05-2002, 12:03 PM
apparently his 'main bitch' (the guitar w/ the born to lose sticker on it) was a jap 57 reissue

Ganymede33
08-05-2002, 12:27 PM
I never knew they needed batt-tries

DeviousJ
08-05-2002, 01:34 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by kurt rambis:
'main bitch'</font>

captainkiwi
08-05-2002, 01:44 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by VegasPumpkin:
Originally posted by the_marked:
I have never seen Billy play a '57 strat. Every strat that I've seen him play is a 70's strat. It has the oversized headstock, bullet truss rod, and its a 3 bolt neck which actually takes away from the stability of the neck. You can get mexican made reissues in the price range of 550-650 depending on the finishes and everything. The only pain about lace sensors is that lace sensors are active(i think) which means that they require a battery. They sound pretty good though. Like Billy says, they have the low end of an SG with the high end of a strat.

lace sensors are not active and need no battery. i have the red/silver/blue setup on one of my guitars and it sounds really good. whether trying to sound like the pumpkins or not, they are bad ass pickups.