View Full Version : lack of info getting you down?

SPkid
06-26-2003, 08:04 PM
yeah there hasn't been any good/exciting news about sp/zwan for awhile now....and it sucks! i hope they release a soundtrack with spun when it comes out, or give us some more news on the djali zwan release.

PMPkInBoi331979
06-26-2003, 08:48 PM
hopefully bily corgan personally kicks the shit out of you.

there's newz!!!

Zwan Are Suck
06-26-2003, 08:58 PM
rehhahahaa your guys are fucking mean

Enzed
06-26-2003, 09:54 PM
I'm waiting for the break-up announcement.

jczeroman
06-27-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Enzed

twilightfadez
06-27-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Enzed

yeah me too

and for b0lly to get depressed again so he can start making really great music once more

jamesey
06-27-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by SPkid
yeah there hasn't been any good/exciting news about sp/zwan for awhile now....and it sucks! i hope they release a soundtrack with spun when it comes out, or give us some more news on the djali zwan release.

i saw spun in the theatre like 3 months ago.

anyways, i hope the only zwan news is that they have a plane crash and billy and jimmy are the only survivors and they are inspired to start the pumpkins again

in stereo
06-27-2003, 02:00 PM
I don't care anymore. BORING

break up...film more cheesy videos...tour more...create more zwans...put out more clipped albums....who cares

SPkid
06-27-2003, 04:20 PM
yeah billy definately needs to get depressed/pissed again. i don't think i can handle "the happy stuff" too much longer.

and PMPkInBoi331979, fuck you!

Glare Seethe
06-27-2003, 04:45 PM
I really don't want Billy to get depressed and angry again. Not at age 36, come on. That would just be completely embarassing (see: Trent Reznor). I honestly think I wouldn't be able to listen to it if his new music went back to the teenage angsty stuff - and I don't even care that much about lyrics. I'd like to hear some darker music, but "dark" does not necessarily equal "depressing" or "angry".

"Riverview" is a perfect example of what I would like to hear. And I don't want Zwan to break up - yet - cause I think there's an enormous amount of potential there which is just not being utilized properly. So until I'm convinced they will never get better - and I cannot be convinced by just one album - I still think there is hope, particularly seeing as the Djali material heading our way is some of the best stuff they've done.

Ugly
06-27-2003, 06:48 PM
Baby, Lets Rock! is the best song on MSOTS

MstrGhost
06-28-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Glare Seethe
I really don't want Billy to get depressed and angry again. Not at age 36, come on. That would just be completely embarassing (see: Trent Reznor).

:rofl:

Boycott Graceland
06-28-2003, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Ugly
Baby, Lets Rock! is the best song on MSOTS
for some reason, the album version reminds me of kareoke. or a midi.

Originally posted by Glare Seethe
I don't want Zwan to break up - yet - cause I think there's an enormous amount of potential there which is just not being utilized properly.
i agree. they were a lot better when they'd pop up every 2 months or so with an album and a half worth of new songs. i'd much rather have that than billy trying to sell out small arenas and theaters (and failing).

but if billy must stick to the huge venues, he needs to start utilizing his massive back-catelogue of songs. like, now. everyone's getting bored.

siamese_soma
06-28-2003, 01:38 PM
zwan kicks ass, maybe not as much as SP but you guys are gay for hoping they break up. i hope you all go to hell for wishing such bad stuff.

paranoid
06-28-2003, 02:00 PM
zwan is a great band, how you people fail to see this because it's not "Angry" enough is beyond me. I mean, people have to grow up at some point, and if your still full of teen angst/hate/anger, then kill yourself. christ. Or at least just pop in a linkin park CD.
Last time i recall anthing "angsty" from SP was Mellon Collie, really. That was 7 years ago! find a new band and get over it instead of bitching about it!

Some songs are better than others, but most are great. As far as musicianship goes, zwan are a terrific band.

You wish for a break up, they break up and for the next few months all you people will do is piss and moan about how they couldn't stay together. YOU ARE NEVER SATISFIED.

Dead
06-28-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by paranoid
That was 7 years ago!

http://www.emotioneric.com/sour.jpg

Boycott Graceland
06-29-2003, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by siamese_soma
zwan kicks ass, maybe not as much as SP but you guys are gay for hoping they break up.
NO YOUR GUYS ARE GAY

Travis Meekz
06-29-2003, 08:27 AM
blah blah blah

Some songs are better than others, but most are great. As far as musicianship goes, zwan are a terrific band.

You wish for a break up, they break up and for the next few months all you people will do is piss and moan about how they couldn't stay together. YOU ARE NEVER SATISFIED.

they are not even close to being in the same ballpark as sp. We wait for the breakup because Zwan, as of late, are on a drastic downward spiral.

Salena Child
06-29-2003, 11:50 AM
:erm

mrjackalope
06-29-2003, 02:38 PM
all of you misguided people are so funny in the fact that you think a zwan breakup would 1. happen in the first place, and 2. reunite the pumpkins. they are one of the happiest bands out their at the moment, and have a lot of stuff happening in the future, so it would be near impossible to break them up. and the pumpkins will probably not play together for at least fifteen years from now, i can almost garantee that.

Travis Meekz
06-29-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by mrjackalope
all of you misguided people are so funny in the fact that you think a zwan breakup would 1. happen in the first place, and 2. reunite the pumpkins.

I can almost guarentee that not one person here believes statement 2

Cassius
06-29-2003, 08:18 PM
all of you misguided people are so funny in the fact that you think a zwan breakup would 1. happen in the first place, and 2. reunite the pumpkins. they are one of the happiest bands out their at the moment, and have a lot of stuff happening in the future, so it would be near impossible to break them up. and the pumpkins will probably not play together for at least fifteen years from now, i can almost garantee that.

Billy looked really sad when they were on mtv2 a little half hour of their concert at the AM ring festival in germany :(

Wainscott
06-30-2003, 11:19 AM
i agree. they were a lot better when they'd pop up every 2 months or so with an album and a half worth of new songs. i'd much rather have that than billy trying to sell out small arenas and theaters (and failing).

but if billy must stick to the huge venues, he needs to start utilizing his massive back-catelogue of songs. like, now. everyone's getting bored.

Exactly. I whole-heartedly agree.

mrjackalope
06-30-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Travis Meeks

I can almost guarentee that not one person here believes statement 2

big fyi to everyone: they broke up for a reason.

siamese_soma
07-02-2003, 06:38 PM
all of you misguided people are so funny in the fact that you think a zwan breakup would 1. happen in the first place, and 2. reunite the pumpkins.

severin
07-02-2003, 06:54 PM

big fyi to everyone: they broke up for a reason. yeah, it was becaus of britney spears, wasn't it? :rolleyes:

Sean Casey
07-05-2003, 06:30 AM
It pisses me off that people don't like Zwan just because it's "happy"

What's wrong with having music that embodies different emotions? People aren't in the same emotional state at all times. Why would you want all your music to be downtrodden? Jesus.

Woody
07-05-2003, 06:36 AM

Exactly. What makes it even more ridiculous is that these people believe that they are superior to all the Zwan fans because of this. I think it's called not growing up. They are the Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons, but y'know like "cooler" because they call people "gay" and stuff.

wangcomputers
07-05-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Sean Casey

What's wrong with having music that embodies different emotions? People aren't in the same emotional state at all times. Why would you want all your music to be downtrodden? Jesus.

i think people have an aversion to it's forced happiness.
Like a sugar overload..
much of the time, zwan sounds like it designed to appeal to pop culture or the lowest common denominator and therefore it's difficult to appreciate or respect.
forced happiness or sadness are equally bad, but at least we were under the impression that the latter was genuine and therefore meaningful.
This wasn't a problem in the past, the beatles had their share of pop stylings, so I surmise that times have moved on and alternative people demand more intelligence from their music.
However even so, i think it goes beyond that. Zwan are just rather shallow both in a musical context and in general substance.

oclaftap
07-05-2003, 11:10 AM
thats it

Woody
07-05-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by wangcomputers

Zwan are just rather shallow both in a musical context and in general substance.

A New Poetry
El Sol
Cast A Stone
Mary Star of the Sea
Desire
Pony Express
Girl With A Cruel Face
Revolve
Love Lies In Ruins
Jesus I/God's Gonna Set This World on Fire
Spilled Milk
Shining Path
Friends As Lovers
A Certain Kind of Change

Whilst I see your point, I don't think ANY of these songs could be classed as shallow either in terms of musical content or general substance.

eraserhead
07-05-2003, 07:41 PM
amen

mrjackalope
07-05-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Woody

A New Poetry
El Sol
Cast A Stone
Mary Star of the Sea
Desire
Pony Express
Girl With A Cruel Face
Revolve
Love Lies In Ruins
Jesus I/God's Gonna Set This World on Fire
Spilled Milk
Shining Path
Friends As Lovers
A Certain Kind of Change

Whilst I see your point, I don't think ANY of these songs could be classed as shallow either in terms of musical content or general substance.

damn straight.

oclaftap
07-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by wangcomputers

Zwan are just rather shallow both in a musical context and in general substance.

yeh zwan is shallow, good one (sarcasm)

wangcomputers
07-06-2003, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by oclaftap

yeh zwan is shallow, good one (sarcasm)

your debating skills are loltastic. (not sarcasm)

oclaftap
07-06-2003, 11:44 AM
thank you