View Full Version : Out of Phase Stereo

decoy-13
06-26-2003, 05:07 PM
A while back the nspaa, I think, hosted the out of phase stereo version of Siamese Dream. Does anyone remember this or am I just thinking of somewhere else? Anywho....Does anyone know where these can be found now? Due to it being a commercial release I doubt very much it could be put on the hub(plus I have never seen it there). Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone does have a copy that they would want to b+p or trade please email me for a list. Thanks, Brad.

Mason R Butler
06-26-2003, 07:31 PM
Just get Cooledit and do it yourself. I made those MP3s, they take all of about 5 minutes to do and aren't amazingly interesting anyhow.

sarmatianus
06-26-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Mason R Butler
Just get Cooledit and do it yourself. I made those MP3s, they take all of about 5 minutes to do and aren't amazingly interesting anyhow.

Not true - they do uncover a lot of things in the mix that are buried in the regular version. They are worth a listen or two occasionally, but certain tracks work a lot better than others for this effect.

They were also notable in that they were used a long way back to con people into believing they were SD demos.

Thoughtless
06-26-2003, 10:59 PM
how would you do this in cool edit? or are you just talking about the vocal cut feature (which isn't a true vocal cut, it changes way the channels are mixed and thus sounds way different and uncovers many things buried in the mix)?

Dead
06-27-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by sarmatianus
They were also notable in that they were used a long way back to con people into believing they were SD demos.
THERE ARE!

StillBecomingApart
06-27-2003, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by Thoughtless
how would you do this in cool edit? or are you just talking about the vocal cut feature (which isn't a true vocal cut, it changes way the channels are mixed and thus sounds way different and uncovers many things buried in the mix)?

yeah, it's that.

Thoughtless
06-27-2003, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by StillBecomingApart

yeah, it's that.

ah, i love doing that to songs.