View Full Version : i hate looking for jobs!

Ihaman
06-24-2003, 02:53 PM
on the upside, i've used my creative wizardry to create the super resume in pagemaker

Fattening Ass
06-24-2003, 02:54 PM
i thought u were of thE graphic designer elite crew. wha happen?

oui henri
06-24-2003, 02:56 PM
i've been looking for a job since october and i ended up returning to my crappy seasonal summer job.

Salena Child
06-24-2003, 03:01 PM
I have been doing that for the past few days, I am desperate to find something so I can tell Speedway to go fuck themselves. Nobody is looking for new people, full time anyways. I am thinking of going to a temp agency tomorrow, maybe thay can find me something.

Toby
06-24-2003, 03:02 PM
You know what I learned about looking for jobs? After you fill out the application you have to call back in a day or 2 and harrass the piss out of the manager until they tell you to come in for an interview...this guy in my film class said that he filled out an app at best buy, the next day he went in and lied to them saying that he was called in for an interview and they were like, "oh yeah ok hold on a sec and we can sit down and talk." and they hired him on that day.

Fattening Ass
06-24-2003, 03:04 PM
lol, we definately turn down / trash the apps of fuckers who annoyingly call us. IF WE WANT YOU, WE'LL CALL YOU BITCH

Toby
06-24-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Fattening Ass
lol, we definately turn down / trash the apps of fickers who annoyingly call us. IF WE WANT YOU, WE'LL CALL YOU BITCH It works bitch! Thats how I got this job and my last one :o

Alice
06-24-2003, 03:10 PM
I've been looking for a job since April and none of the fucking pricks I've talked to will hire me because I have long fucking hair. It's ok for women but if a man has long hair, he can't get a job anywhere. That pisses me the fuck off.

Salena Child
06-24-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Toby
You know what I learned about looking for jobs? After you fill out the application you have to call back in a day or 2 and harrass the piss out of the manager until they tell you to come in for an interview...this guy in my film class said that he filled out an app at best buy, the next day he went in and lied to them saying that he was called in for an interview and they were like, "oh yeah ok hold on a sec and we can sit down and talk." and they hired him on that day.
i think i'll give kroger a call tomorrow....

Fattening Ass
06-24-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by meladoriemagpie
I've been looking for a job since April and none of the fucking pricks I've talked to will hire me because I have long fucking hair. It's ok for women but if a man has long hair, he can't get a job anywhere. That pisses me the fuck off. i have a job and i have long hair. sux 2 be u

Toby
06-24-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Salena Child

i think i'll give kroger a call tomorrow.... Yeah call and ask for a manager and then tell them you filled out an application on (insert date here) and were wondering if they had time to review it yet.

STFU
06-24-2003, 03:18 PM
I have long hair and I work when I want for as long as I want. I am paid a pretty penney for what I do. Technical Recruiting.(headhunter)

Alice
06-24-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Fattening Ass
i have a job and i have long hair. sux 2 be u

Originally posted by STFU
I have long hair and I work when I want for as long as I want. I am paid a pretty penney for what I do. Technical Recruiting.(headhunter)

I'm only 16 though, and looking for a part time job. All the places close enough to my house have told me they couldn't hire me unless i cut my hair so that it doesn't touch my collar.

Ihaman
06-24-2003, 03:36 PM

I'm only 16 though, and looking for a part time job. All the places close enough to my house have told me they couldn't hire me unless i cut my hair so that it doesn't touch my collar.

why do you need long hair?

silent1
06-24-2003, 03:39 PM
they're all gonna laugh at you. oh...wait, wrong thread.

Alice
06-24-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Ihaman

why do you need long hair?

I suppose I don't. But I think I look like an idiot with short hair. Plus I spent 3 years growing it and it's just starting to get where I want it and I'll be damned if I'm gonna cut it off now so I can get a shitty job at Carrows or bag groceries at Vons. But then again I geuss when you need money you're not really in a position to refuse to comply with the people who are going to give it to you are you ? :( This sucks

Ihaman
06-24-2003, 03:46 PM

I suppose I don't. But I think I look like an idiot with short hair. Plus I spent 3 years growing it and it's just starting to get where I want it and I'll be damned if I'm gonna cut it off now so I can get a shitty job at Carrows or bag groceries at Vons. But then again I geuss when you need money you're not really in a position to refuse to comply with the people who are going to give it to you are you ? :( This sucks

god, you just said all of my responses on your own.
thank you.

sleeper
06-24-2003, 03:50 PM
i have three part time jobs now and i cant coordinate. somethings going to give. not me, but one these jobs has to go. im thinking of ditching one a doubling my hours at the other. i dont know, ive been waiting for the smoke to clear forever. if you just keep on applying to places eventually youll get hired. also, its sad, but a lot of this has to do with who you know. ive gotten more jobs through friends and whatever than not

STFU
06-24-2003, 04:19 PM
I've had long hair all my life..well since the Navy. I know the trouble it is to get a job with long hair if you're a guy. I think its discrimination, but find a lawyer and be able to pay him up front for a suit. I was without work for a while, but I kept on trying and finally picked up a shit job or two. When I got into recruiting, I knew the manager who gave me a shot at it. So it's definetly helpful to know someone. Also being sixteen limits you to the types of jobs you can get. Go to construction sites and ask for labor jobs. They could give a shit about your hair, unless you're using power tools.

MonteLDS
06-24-2003, 04:35 PM
Ihaman I don't like looking for a job either. I am currently looking for full employment instead of contracting work. too bad your down in SD :( I think I could of found you some work up here

Nimrod's Son
06-24-2003, 04:40 PM

I suppose I don't. But I think I look like an idiot with short hair. Plus I spent 3 years growing it and it's just starting to get where I want it and I'll be damned if I'm gonna cut it off now so I can get a shitty job at Carrows or bag groceries at Vons. But then again I geuss when you need money you're not really in a position to refuse to comply with the people who are going to give it to you are you ? :( This sucks Maybe it's not your hair. I got a lot of great jobs with long hair.

Perhaps instead of blaming your hair you should look at other things.