View Full Version : They were legendary


ernstdaydreamer
06-23-2003, 07:49 PM
0

Dead
06-23-2003, 07:52 PM
James is hot.

pumpkinxyu
06-23-2003, 07:54 PM
don't worry too much. yeah, there are lots of obnoxious idiots who have forgotten the magic of the Pumpkins and just linger around message boards because they've got nowhere else to go. but there are also those of us who still believe in what the Pumpkins were (and continue to be). but i liked your post and i just wanted to let you know that you're certainly not alone, before everyone else starts bashing you for (gasp) respecting the band.

ernstdaydreamer
06-23-2003, 07:56 PM
0

twilightfadez
06-23-2003, 07:59 PM
but what would netwhoria be without teh funneh?>!

Dead
06-23-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by ernstdaydreamer
Thank you for your support.
So, have you two set a date for the wedding yet? :love:

Thoughtless
06-23-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by twilightfadez
but what would netwhoria be without teh funneh?>!

really, netphoria is the LAST place that will take anything seriously.

ernstdaydreamer
06-23-2003, 08:07 PM
0

twilightfadez
06-23-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Thoughtless


really, netphoria is the LAST place that will take anything seriously.
which is why it's so fucking great :)

twilightfadez
06-23-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by ernstdaydreamer


What's the first place?

o-board perhaps

ernstdaydreamer
06-23-2003, 08:11 PM
6

twilightfadez
06-23-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by ernstdaydreamer


There is no official Smashing Pumpkins message board.
http://www.secretary.state.nc.us/images/rip.jpg

MstrGhost
06-23-2003, 09:02 PM
Most of the people you say they don't respect the band, own a shit ton of sp cd's, spent a fortune on vinyl, know the tabs for many songs, downloaded and shared a gig ton of shns (even on 56k times like me, mp3 supporters, kiss my ass and go record your own shows...ups, where was I?),and most important, still post here. If we didn't praise the band we would troll, ups, post anywere else. Posting fun photoshops is a way to remind the band too, if it's in a fun way, better. What's the point of holding a candle to the memories of a band, you won't add nothing new. Worse, in a certain way, you are "offending" people who care the same about the band as you.

PS: I'd post the "how smart i was before reading this post" jpg if I had it in hand.

Ugly
06-23-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by ernstdaydreamer
.And please if you respect the people who believe in the band and the band members them selves stop harassing them. Respect the memories. Just think about it.........


Seriously man. You know, they're not dead. Don't act like an SP board should be a memorial or a funeral pyre.

PMPkInBoi331979
06-23-2003, 09:23 PM
they just dont ge it, man, we';re a dying a breed. thiose who truly understand the pumpkins and what they stood for.

and a fuck you to those you who don't understand,
steve

Ugly
06-23-2003, 09:27 PM
^

Ok, look, if netphoria had a point (if there ever was one) is that don't take it seriously. Corgan didn't want people to take the band seriously. MACHINA, for all its pomp and cirumstance surrounding the mystery, was really just a big joke about the Pumpkins myth. They were, from beginning to end just about making music. Not about enriching your life or saving the whales or hippie bullshit like that, that wasn't the Pumpkins style. You have fun with that. Why do you think there was so much pointless banter at concerts? Because they were in on the joke. These are our songs, enjoy, but don't go crazy over it. To put it in a different term, its like joking around with a buddy. You're friends, you know that its something special but you don't have to kiss thier ass every day.

MstrGhost
06-23-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by PMPkInBoi331979
they just dont ge it, man, we';re a dying a breed. thiose who truly understand the pumpkins and what they stood for.

and a fuck you to those you who don't understand,
steve

A pumpkin supremacist? :eek: Get a grip, bands like Led Zep made bigger markstones without supposed anime series or complicated stories.
I belive enjoying the music and having the capacity to criticize is more important, sorry. Understanding the pumpkins, what is that? By understanding the angst, the story of their lifes, the meanings bla bla, then creed or limp bizkit would have the same value as sp, even what you don't like might be "special" in a way you don't "understand", so what? Being O-board like (with his dismiss looks like most users who couldn't get into zwan landed here)? Being religious about it?

*stops*

Thoughtless
06-23-2003, 09:53 PM
:rofl: at this thread

Ugly
06-23-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Thoughtless
:rofl: at this thread

Yeah, good point. Got drawn in by the idiots.

<img src = "http://www.piksandcrap.homestead.com/files/fonz6.jpg">

There, now I feel better.

Thoughtless
06-23-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Ugly


Yeah, good point. Got drawn in by the idiots.

<img src = "http://www.piksandcrap.homestead.com/files/fonz6.jpg">

There, now I feel better.

that's the netphoria spirit!

El Savior
06-23-2003, 10:44 PM
i wouldn't say legendary. they didn't do anything the pixies didn't do first.

Reyngel
06-23-2003, 11:39 PM
Who cares if people are selling their SP albums? It doesn't mean they lost respect for the band. It just means that they need money. Don't get mad at capitalism. :) And the reason why Netphoria is full of joke-threads is because every single serious topic about the band has already been discussed, multiple times. It's been 17 years since the band first got together, and there can only be so many "What song means the most to you?" threads before a Billy-looking-at-goatse.cx.on.the.Intarweb picture finds it's way onto a messageboard. It keeps things entertaining.

Dead
06-24-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Thoughtless
that's the netphoria spirit!
http://members.rogers.com/zerolove/netfub.gif

Thoughtless
06-24-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Reyngel
Who cares if people are selling their SP albums? It doesn't mean they lost respect for the band. It just means that they need money. Don't get mad at capitalism. :) And the reason why Netphoria is full of joke-threads is because every single serious topic about the band has already been discussed, multiple times. It's been 17 years since the band first got together, and there can only be so many "What song means the most to you?" threads before a Billy-looking-at-goatse.cx.on.the.Intarweb picture finds it's way onto a messageboard. It keeps things entertaining.

Well put.

ernstdaydreamer
06-24-2003, 10:37 AM
6

Ugly
06-24-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by ernstdaydreamer
I think in august I'll create a real SP website with real discussion boards, i'll give all my energy for creating this page , all my time ,all my inspiration everything!This webpage will be the one the band deserve!And I'll maKE every son af a bitch jelous when he'll visit it. Remember my words.


You heard it here first, folks. Hes going to show us. <I>HELL SHOW US ALL!! <B>MUHA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAA!!!</B></I>

in stereo
06-24-2003, 11:02 AM
:rofl:

LOL @ getting upset over the internet

Dead
06-24-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by ernstdaydreamer
in august I'll create a real SP website with real discussion boards, i'll give all my energy for creating this page , all my time ,all my inspiration everything!This webpage will be the one the band deserve!And I'll maKE every son af a bitch jelous when he'll visit it. Remember my words.


I'm leaving this fucking wank room.
We'll make a point of going to your board and posting many annoying and lame topics the same as you've been doing here.

CAN I GET A WITNESS?!?!?!?!?!

MstrGhost
06-24-2003, 11:21 AM
:rofl:

Netphorian Gadabout
06-24-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by ernstdaydreamer

I think in august I'll create a real SP website with real discussion boards, i'll give all my energy for creating this page , all my time ,all my inspiration everything!This webpage will be the one the band deserve!And I'll maKE every son af a bitch jelous when he'll visit it. Remember my words.


I'm leaving this fucking wank room.

http://www.pumpkinssmashing.com/mb_images/unimpressed.jpg

ernstdaydreamer
06-24-2003, 11:28 AM
67

Netphorian Gadabout
06-24-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by ernstdaydreamer


I don't giva a fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!And i never did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a pretty cool side profile picture of your head.

NegativeSleep
06-24-2003, 11:44 AM
http://home.golden.net/~mtblanc/B0llyMania.jpg

b0llymania4u?

Netphorian Gadabout
06-24-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by NegativeSleep
http://home.golden.net/~mtblanc/B0llyMania.jpg



Some Bolly maniacs they are: they aren't even looking at Bolly. (As syou can clearly see, Bolly is behind them, aobut one inch from the left and 1/4th of an inch from the top).

Ugly
06-24-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by ernstdaydreamer
I don't giva a fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!And i never did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like how he edited it just to make sure all the exclamation points where in there properly. You still misspelt "give a" "giva a", you ar-tard.

ernstdaydreamer
06-24-2003, 11:59 AM
0

NegativeSleep
06-24-2003, 12:10 PM
maybe they're crying because they can't find him, even though B0lly is detachedly gazing from a distance.

ernstdaydreamer
06-24-2003, 12:11 PM
907

MstrGhost
06-24-2003, 12:11 PM
<img src="http://forums.netphoria.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=393670"</img>

Netphorian Gadabout
06-24-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Hyperbole


THAT'S NOT B0LLY, IT'S GLASS!

YUO NO HE'S NOT DEAD!!12

Rider
06-24-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by ernstdaydreamer
1st mistake: I thought that netphoria is an SP site ,which isn't true. 2nd :if there are some geeks who have more sp stuff than others have it doesn't mean that Pumkins realy ment something for them ,it just means that they were born in right place and in right time.
go to nirvana-music forum , all the posts are serious there,
(nirvana is dead for about 10 years) And people still have something to say

I think in august I'll create a real SP website with real discussion boards, i'll give all my energy for creating this page , all my time ,all my inspiration everything!This webpage will be the one the band deserve!And I'll maKE every son af a bitch jelous when he'll visit it. Remember my words.


I'm leaving this fucking wank room.

Wow just what the world needs another SP site

stumpycat
06-24-2003, 02:59 PM
Some Bolly maniacs they are: they aren't even looking at Bolly. (As syou can clearly see, Bolly is behind them, aobut one inch from the left and 1/4th of an inch from the top).......

maybe they're crying because they can't find him, even though B0lly is detachedly gazing from a distance.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Spot on. He's probably hiding from them.

But seriously, you won't be finding many po-faced conversations over here at Netphoria, though I'm sure there are a number of other boards that might be more to your liking. I think alot of us here are past the "SP R SUCH ROXORING GODS!11!!" stage and now we can just simply listen to the alblums, or mp3's or whatever, and be satisfied. I think trying to be the incurable collector of all things SP seems rather passe to most of us now, as it does not enhance the enjoyment of the music itself, which presumably most of us like. A passion that borders on the side of worship and obsession is probably something that most of us outgrew as we grew older.

Reyngel
06-24-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Pumpkins23836


Some Bolly maniacs they are: they aren't even looking at Bolly. (As syou can clearly see, Bolly is behind them, aobut one inch from the left and 1/4th of an inch from the top).

LOL!

Thoughtless
06-24-2003, 05:17 PM
:rofl:

:rofl:

:rofl:

:rofl:

Woody
06-24-2003, 06:07 PM
Now, this is the netphoria I know and love... not moaning about Zwan or posting bullshit threads... just some good wholesome piss-taking.

http://www.mailameal.com/jpgs/kitchen5/cream.jpg

stumpycat
06-24-2003, 10:19 PM
WHERE'S WALDO!?!?

Cactuar
06-25-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by twilightfadez
but what would netwhoria be without teh funneh?>! where it is right now

King of Devious
06-25-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by stumpycat

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Spot on. He's probably hiding from them.

But seriously, you won't be finding many po-faced conversations over here at Netphoria, though I'm sure there are a number of other boards that might be more to your liking. I think alot of us here are past the "SP R SUCH ROXORING GODS!11!!" stage and now we can just simply listen to the alblums, or mp3's or whatever, and be satisfied. I think trying to be the incurable collector of all things SP seems rather passe to most of us now, as it does not enhance the enjoyment of the music itself, which presumably most of us like. A passion that borders on the side of worship and obsession is probably something that most of us outgrew as we grew older.

very well said


i just shake my head when the worshipping fans come here and post stuff like "sp r godz, show repsect"

i mean seriously, go to the zwan board or something

Salena Child
06-25-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by stumpycat
WHERE'S WALDO!?!?
http://oncampus.richmond.edu/academics/as/education/projects/webunits/adaptations/maze07.jpg

NegativeSleep
06-25-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by stumpycat
WHERE'S WALDO!?!?

http://www.cechurch.org/youth/gallery/waldo.jpg

ernstdaydreamer
06-25-2003, 10:59 PM
87568

Ann Ominous
06-25-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by ernstdaydreamer
people talk about everything starting from
"your favorite SP eggs" finishing with "Billy an James gay story". I wouldn't say that it makes me mad

well it makes me mad! They should show some respect! Buying their CDs in not enough!

sheesh!

Dead
06-25-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Pumpkins23836


Some Bolly maniacs they are: they aren't even looking at Bolly. (As syou can clearly see, Bolly is behind them, aobut one inch from the left and 1/4th of an inch from the top).
That's Bill Sr., dumbass.

ne: oatmeal raisin cookie
np: Michelle Branch

ZWANPHONY
06-25-2003, 11:42 PM
:)

stumpycat
06-26-2003, 01:49 AM
Damn...I thought that one was going to be Billy in a dress, with his left nut sticking out of his Speed Racer britches! Am I ever disappointed.


http://oncampus.richmond.edu/academics/as/education/projects/webunits/adaptations/maze07.jpg

Holy shit, what kind of Waldo picture is that??? It's got the Seven Dwarves, psychotic medieval peasants, a hanging and a burning, some religious fanaticists, a moronic attempt at flight, and some poor sod being buried alive.

Ann Ominous
06-26-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by stumpycat
Holy shit, what kind of Waldo picture is that??? It's got the Seven Dwarves, psychotic medieval peasants, a hanging and a burning, some religious fanaticists, a moronic attempt at flight, and some poor sod being buried alive.

i just wiped my ass on your face.

ernstdaydreamer
06-26-2003, 03:49 PM
56

Ugly
06-26-2003, 04:13 PM
^

nobody likes you and you're not amusing and not even a decent human being. I hope your parents get raped and murdered in front of you. And your children are born retarded.

Desi
06-26-2003, 04:20 PM
That was either one of the best Netphorian-alias trolls ever, or a really sad, really retarded and exceptionally scary motherfucker.

at any rate, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ernstdaydreamer
06-26-2003, 05:22 PM
565

n0mj121
06-26-2003, 05:27 PM
*giggle*

Ann Ominous
06-26-2003, 06:53 PM
hehehe




"chind"

Ugly
06-26-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Ann Ominous
hehehe




"chind"

(Don't mess with him, kid!Thats not a joke!)

PMPkInBoi331979
06-26-2003, 08:48 PM
you are all untru motherfcuking fans.

how wishy washy you all are. when zwan first came out, everyone was splooging all over them and now look. fuck you guyz.

MstrGhost
06-27-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by PMPkInBoi331979
you are all untru motherfcuking fans.

how wishy washy you all are. when zwan first came out, everyone was splooging all over them and now look. fuck you guyz.

Maybe because their 4 first shows promised a lot.