View Full Version : HTTT makes me PRAY TY would quit wanting to be Richard D James, its embarrassing

mojo
06-20-2003, 07:49 PM
...come on he's had three tries now and complete ambient works vol 1 which richard d james wrote when he was about fourteen shits all over the best bits of all three.

..but Richard D James couldn't write Let Down.

Fourth time Lucky?

patrick
06-20-2003, 07:53 PM
i like idioteque more than any aphex twin song i've ever heard
(i've heard everything except for the drukqs album, but i don't need to hear it anyway)

worrywort for that matter, too

Mayfuck
06-20-2003, 08:09 PM
Aphex Twin has influenced many bands, Radiohead being one. I can only think of two songs where Thom outright tried to be AFX, Idioteque and Kid A, which are so good anyway that who really cares. Shut the fuck up.

Actually I think RDJ could write Let Down.

THRILLHO
06-20-2003, 08:44 PM
i dunno. one of the reasons i like HTTT so much is that they finally got it down. backdrifts and gloaming don't sound nearly as amateurish as packt like sardines or idioteque. and they combine the sounds with actual songwriting.

patrick
06-20-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by THRILLHO
i dunno. one of the reasons i like HTTT so much is that they finally got it down. backdrifts and gloaming don't sound nearly as amateurish as packt like sardines or idioteque. and they combine the sounds with actual songwriting. this statement is the reverse of the correct statement

idioteque is the best song on kid a. actually, make that the best song they've written since let down or paranoid android.

wounded
06-20-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by failure
this statement is the reverse of the correct statement

idioteque is the best song on kid a. actually, make that the best song they've written since let down or paranoid android.

actually optimistic is the best song on kid a. but idioteque is second.

jenniferkate
06-20-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by wounded

actually optimistic is the best song on kid a. but idioteque is second.

haha

sawdust restaurants
06-20-2003, 09:17 PM
look, rolling stone always talks about how radiohead want to be like rdj. doesn't that make you think about how it's wrong?

wounded
06-20-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by jenniferkate

haha

the truth hurts... or i guess the truth is funny.

Sean Casey
06-20-2003, 09:30 PM
Everything in its Right Place > Idioteque > How to Dissapear Completely > Kid A > Motion Picture Soundtrack > Treefingers > In Limbo > Morning Bell > Optimistic > National Anthem

OH SHIT

THRILLHO
06-20-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by failure
this statement is the reverse of the correct statement

well, i'm talking sonically. idioteque is totally one of their very best songs... it just shamlessly cops warp records, and like circa 1993. packt sounds like it was thrown together in a couple of hours on fruity loops. i could see RDJ thinking they were a bunch of hacks.

jenniferkate
06-20-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Sean Casey
Everything in its Right Place > Idioteque > How to Dissapear Completely > Kid A > Motion Picture Soundtrack > Treefingers > In Limbo > Morning Bell > Optimistic > National Anthem

OH SHIT

excuse me, you seem to have confused optimistic with national anthem.

Sean Casey
06-20-2003, 09:55 PM
stfu

go listen to Glory Days

jenniferkate
06-20-2003, 10:04 PM
stfu

go listen to Glory Days

im on fire is inarguably the finest thing off born in the usa! with downbound train coming in a close second! i mean, really. :noway:

patrick
06-20-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by THRILLHO

well, i'm talking sonically. idioteque is totally one of their very best songs... it just shamlessly cops warp records, and like circa 1993. packt sounds like it was thrown together in a couple of hours on fruity loops. i could see RDJ thinking they were a bunch of hacks. i'm talking sonically as well. listen with headphones -- there's really a million and a half things going on at once, and they all blend wonderfully. you know that noise at the end, the one that segues the song into morning bell? i didn't notice until observing closely, but that runs nearly throughout the entire song. brilliant, just brilliant

Eulogy
06-21-2003, 12:02 AM

OH SHIT

K!

How to Disappear Completely > Kid A > Idioteque > Morning Bell > National Anthem > Optimistic > Motion Picture Soundtrack > In Limbo > Everything in its Right Place

I can't put Treefingers anywhere because sometimes it's at the top, and other times it's at the bottom.