Smiley
06-20-2003, 11:49 AM
MP/WZRD version is bestorz. Yum.

Dead
06-20-2003, 12:19 PM
WZRD is what I first thought of.

Corganist
06-20-2003, 02:08 PM
I love this song, and it always make me wonder...Why oh why is there no studio version? Its not like it was a song rarely played like Alabaster or something. Its present in most of the recordings we have from 1989 and back, but yet there appears to have been no attempt by the band to record a studio version. Its strange, since looking at the songs played at 10-05-1988, almost all ended up recorded in the studio (or almost recorded in one case):

1) There It Goes - Studio version on Mashed Potatoes set.

2) She - Attempt to be record at the acoustic RTS session abandoned.

3) My Eternity - zip

4) Under Your Spell - Studio version on Mashed Potatoes set.

5) Bleed - recorded at RTS acoustic session.

6) Spiteface - studio version on SP demo tape.

7) Nothing and Everything - ditto.

Sorry, but it just frustrates me that my fave pre-Gish song is the one song of the lot that got left out in the cold. Anyone else feel the same way? Oh well, I guess 3-16-89 is awesome enough to make up for it.

ChoobieWoobie
06-20-2003, 02:11 PM
You all had best download " 3 songs o' rarities"off the hub right away then.

andysong
06-20-2003, 07:51 PM
this song was in heavy rotation last week after I saw the video of it in the 'full circle' documentry, so yes, quite a good song.

Cecil
06-20-2003, 11:34 PM
So who knows how to play it?

Irrelevant
06-20-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Corganist
3) My Eternity - zip

there's a studio take on the 15 songs o' pumpkins or whatever video, it was *******d in one of the pumpkins radio shows on the official site.

CrabbMan
06-21-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Irrelevant

there's a studio take on the 15 songs o' pumpkins or whatever video.

To clarify, is that the same track that ChoobieWoobie was mentioned? Really though, after hearing that studio version I still think that the WZRD recording is superior and indeed the difinitive version of My Eternity (you can hear the bass a lot more in the studio version though).

Corganist
06-21-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Irrelevant

there's a studio take on the 15 songs o' pumpkins or whatever video, it was *******d in one of the pumpkins radio shows on the official site.

I was always under the impression that that version of the song was from the Pulse Cable appearence from 1988. If I am not mistaken, I'd personally consider it to be more akin to a FM or SBD recording than to an actual demo or studio take. I guess my real point is that I wish they would have recorded My Eternity at the Schwa sessions with the songs from the SP demo tape, or at one of the Reel Time sessions (or maybe we can hold out hope for some lost session to surface that has this song on it, as well as songs like Razor, I Am My End, Alabaster...etc. Ah, to dream.)

Cecil
06-21-2003, 08:11 PM
I'd bet My Eternity has an old demo, like pre-Jimmy, pre-D'arcy. Like 'I Fall' territory.

Irrelevant
06-22-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Corganist

I was always under the impression that that version of the song was from the Pulse Cable appearence from 1988. If I am not mistaken, I'd personally consider it to be more akin to a FM or SBD recording than to an actual demo or studio take. I guess my real point is that I wish they would have recorded My Eternity at the Schwa sessions with the songs from the SP demo tape, or at one of the Reel Time sessions (or maybe we can hold out hope for some lost session to surface that has this song on it, as well as songs like Razor, I Am My End, Alabaster...etc. Ah, to dream.)

i thought it was a demo/in-studio take matched with video from a live performance. but i don't know.

pale blue eyes
06-22-2003, 03:12 PM
One of my favorites of the early material.