View Full Version : MACHINA PROMO - what is this?

alisonmonster
06-19-2003, 06:11 PM
I recently obtained a see through brown marble vinyl promo from the UK. Can't find this anywhere on spfc or any other discography . White card sleeve , white label with EMI Virgin on it. The weird thing is that there is only one instead of two records-there are 10 tracks - The first 10 tracks off the Machina album-minus Try , Try , Try.

It's a 12" (obviously) , 33 rpm and it says only "Machina" on the record label (no Machines of God). Says limited edition No. 195 on the back.

Record seems pretty legit anyone have this? It's a promo so i have no idea of pressing quantity. Thanks guys.

MstrGhost
06-19-2003, 07:27 PM
Its a bootleg, pretty common.

alisonmonster
06-19-2003, 08:22 PM
Really-who's putting it out then? I mean , it pisses me off if it is a boot , though it's interesting to have.

MstrGhost
06-19-2003, 11:34 PM
A long time ago i've seen a thread about this booleg. As far as I remember those were german, not sure. There are many bootlegs of other groups with the same presentation, yours can be found in many tones, more yellow or dark brown. Another "famous" machina bootleg is the picture disk, I belive with the same tracks also and the typo on the band name, anyway, it looks good too. Anyway, it can be a collector item too...