View Full Version : today i saw a cat getting its ass kicked

Kinejo
06-18-2003, 11:54 PM
by about 10 birds. the cat was climbing a tree beside my house when the birds realized what was going on and chased the cat out of the tree and acros the street.

it was funny.

Azael
06-18-2003, 11:56 PM
If i were there, i woulda gone to save the cat.

I'm a rescue ranger.

sideburned one
06-18-2003, 11:56 PM
that's awesome that was probably my mom's cat brings new meaning to cats being called pussies

sleeper
06-19-2003, 12:23 AM
cats really are pussies. you have to woo them so fucking much to even be allowed to touch them. i see cats around my area all the time and whenever i see them i get off my bike and try to pet them. some cats are cool about it. they look at you kinda funky for a bit then after some coaxing they come round. but some other cats if your shoe squeeks 1 decibal the cat like runs up a brick wall and into a window. so far ive been sucessful on many occasions and i think i have it down for to a science. for those interested in petting stranger cats:

1. its all about trust. everything youll be doing is going towards the cats trusting that you wont bite them or eat their young or whatever. one of the key ways to do this is to keep you distance and settle down low. i like to tiptoe fairly close and then sit cross legged and work to get them to come to me.

2. it sounds crazy but you gotta meow to them. my cat and i have this down so. ill come home and be tired and give a lowly meow and she will be sleeping on my pillow and look up and respond too. we enjoy ourselves immensly. with stranger cats this works too. you gotta speak their language. happy quite meows work best to set the mood.

3. a lot of cats respond to other sounds and motion that they associate with their owners. motions like rubbing you fingers together or holding you palm out, which usually means for food. or clinking of keys that they associate with their owner coming home. everything to establish trust.

4. let them smell you first

meow
06-19-2003, 12:31 AM
ive seen that before.. as much as i love cats, i still have a chuckle!

Geek USA
06-19-2003, 12:32 AM
my cat evan got killed by dogs! it was the saddest thing ever it's not funny. today i also made eye contact with a dog and it scared me

sideburned one
06-19-2003, 12:35 AM
my mom's cat responds to pretty much anything you can yell "hey, stupid" out the back door and she'll come inside it's ridiculous and she doesn't like my brother, because he's not very nice to her she won't even go near him at least this disproves the theory that cats are stupid