View Full Version : To all of you SP fans that haven'ts liked anything since MCIS

KingJeremy
06-18-2002, 02:10 AM
It's time to get on with your fucking lives so just leave netphoria and the SP/Zwan community behind.

------------------
sear those thoughts of me
alone and unhappy
i never liked me anyway
if by chance
or circumstance
we should fail
don't be so sad

Affectation
06-18-2002, 02:29 AM
<font color=00ff33>Ok, thanks.

I'm offended that you included Zwan on that list. Zwan isn't pumpkins. It's a tired, unthinking Mr. Corgan. And it's hardly even music.

mytransgressions
06-18-2002, 03:32 AM
no dude don't leave, maybe Billy will write another Vampire song!

eternal winter
06-18-2002, 03:46 AM
Hey really...this ainīt fun anymore. If you DONT like Billy Corgan (or either of his FANTASTIC bands), what the hell are you then doing in here? really...?

DoctaSoma
06-18-2002, 04:23 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by mytransgressions:

no dude don't leave, maybe Billy will write another Vampire song!

</font>

No D00d, Vampire is a ****phor, the song's really about rats. He has written 4 songs about rats since then so there really is no reason to leave. (Behold! the nightmare, Wound, Innocence and Spilled Milk if you can't figure it out for yourself)

-Ben

Mariner
06-18-2002, 11:20 AM
What's "Rats" about then?

Green Plastic
06-18-2002, 11:22 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by eternal winter:
Hey really...this ainīt fun anymore. If you DONT like Billy Corgan (or either of his FANTASTIC bands), what the hell are you then doing in here? really...? </font>

shut up.

Affectation
06-18-2002, 01:36 PM
Hey really...this ainīt fun anymore. If you DONT like Billy Corgan (or either of his FANTASTIC bands), what the hell are you then doing in here? really...? </font>
<font color=00ff33>Just to come here and call you a bitch.

Anti-Moan Gestapo
06-18-2002, 04:11 PM
This is a Pumpkins board, right?

Anyway, by buying any pumpkins album gives me the right to criticise anything they do.

It's in the constitution.

Boycott Graceland
06-18-2002, 05:21 PM
you should know better than trying to express an opinion at netphoria.

------------------

MonteLDS
06-18-2002, 05:21 PM
i think this should address that the people who stoped at MCIS need to start listening to Adore and Machina cause they are so behind.

Siamese Dreamer
06-18-2002, 06:44 PM

Well Said

------------------

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Siamese Dreamer
06-18-2002, 06:44 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Affectation:

I'm offended that you included Zwan on that list. Zwan isn't pumpkins. It's a tired, unthinking Mr. Corgan. And it's hardly even music.</font>

DICK

------------------

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

[This message has been edited by Siamese Dreamer (edited 06-18-2002).]

Siamese Dreamer
06-18-2002, 06:45 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Boycott Graceland:
you should know better than trying to express an opinion at netphoria.

</font>

yeah, dman near have trouble getting away with breathing

------------------

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Nate the Grate
06-18-2002, 07:03 PM
OH NO THE BOLLY ARMY IS ATTACKING!!!

Affectation
06-18-2002, 08:31 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Siamese Dreamer:
Well Said

</font><font color=00ff33>Hardly.

decoy-13
06-18-2002, 10:52 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Graveflower:
Fuck you, KingFaggot.</font>

------------------
We wish you well. We wish you to hell.

Siamese Dreamer
06-18-2002, 10:59 PM
Nate the Grate: Go eat a Fat Dick

------------------

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Eulogy
06-18-2002, 11:04 PM
This is my reward for making the trek into this forum.

I'm satisfied.

João Miguel
06-19-2002, 12:58 AM
To all of you SP fans that haven'ts liked anything since Machina>>> you're are completely normal, because Machina and this Zwan crap are bullshit

http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/wink.gif

KingJeremy
06-19-2002, 01:52 AM
Fuck you, KingFaggot.</font>

Ouch I'm hurt.
http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/rolleyes.gif

------------------
sear those thoughts of me
alone and unhappy
i never liked me anyway
if by chance
or circumstance
we should fail
don't be so sad

stumpycat
06-19-2002, 04:03 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by KingJeremy:
It's time to get on with your fucking lives so just leave netphoria and the SP/Zwan community behind.

</font>

I hardly think this ultimatum is fair to one who appreciates the Pumpkins' work in any capacity.
As with any other prolific artist, the Pumpkins went through different stylistic periods in their career, and there is no reason why one cannot like one era and dislike another. This is NOT a post-MCIS board, a post-SD board, a post-Adore board, or any other type of board besides, quite simply, a Smashing Pumpkins board devoted to discussing the various aspects of the Pumpkins, past and present. This is especially true in light of the fact that the Pumpkins disbanded over a year ago, and that we are all, in essence, looking in retrospect at their various works. As the years go by, this attitude towards their work is only destined to grow stronger. If you visited a Jefferson Airplane board, I seriously doubt that you would get severely ousted for disliking Jefferson Starship or even Airplane's later (or as the case may be, earlier) alblums. It doesn't matter--as you are all fans of the artists' work at one point or another.

If you went to a cafeteria because it offered your favorite catfish dish, but you didn't care for the rest of the entree selections, would it mean that you didn't "deserve" to eat there? Of course not. You love what you love, and have just as much right to enjoy your meal the as the next person, even though their reason for eating at that particular cafeteria may differ from yours.

Electro
06-19-2002, 08:11 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by stumpycat:
If you went to a cafeteria because it offered your favorite catfish dish, but you didn't care for the rest of the entree selections, would it mean that you didn't "deserve" to eat there? Of course not. You love what you love, and have just as much right to enjoy your meal the as the next person, even though their reason for eating at that particular cafeteria may differ from yours.</font>

well said, you may just have given me the strength thay i need to go back to my favorit restaurant and eat again.

beamish13
06-19-2002, 07:12 PM

I'm offended that you included Zwan on that list. Zwan isn't pumpkins. It's a tired, unthinking Mr. Corgan. And it's hardly even music.</font>

for once, I'd have to agree with you.

KrazeeStacee
06-19-2002, 07:14 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Siamese Dreamer:

DICK

[This message has been edited by Siamese Dreamer (edited 06-18-2002).]
</font>

I'm just mad he had to edit this.

KrazeeStacee
06-19-2002, 07:18 PM
This is where I stand on this:

ALMOST everything after MCIS sucked.

I haven't heard ZWAN yet, but I don't care to either.

Why are you here? really...?

And those are my words o' wisdom for now.
Enjoy.

Mr MacPhisto
06-20-2002, 12:53 AM

go fuck yourself

lily1only
06-25-2002, 12:00 AM
one has to wonder at the maturity and quality of living people on this board must have.

liquid slide
06-25-2002, 01:12 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by KrazeePumpkin:

I'm just mad he had to edit this.</font>
LOL

------------------
the aeroplane moves whether you want it to or not. cram packed with fuel injected jet missile action, this is war motherfucker and don't you forget it for one second.

mytransgressions
06-25-2002, 03:15 AM
we're all billy's bitches

so play nice and stop frontin'

Matt--
06-25-2002, 03:20 AM
you people are so stupid

yoshinobu's revenge
06-25-2002, 06:10 AM
Women drivers. *shakes head*

DeviousJ
06-25-2002, 07:13 AM
Bitch fight! Bitch fight! MEOW!!

*slap slap slap*

Squashing Pineapples
09-16-2002, 09:43 PM

Intolerance
09-18-2002, 07:53 AM
\most things after MCIS are weak cos they use so many digital effects, the odd wammmy pedal is good, but they jsut take the synth and electronic drums too far........Gish and Sd are so pure and rock....the beat alot of things after MCIS hands down

jenn
09-18-2002, 08:31 AM
maybe i'm alone here, but i like post-mcis pumpkins about as much as i like pre-mcis pumpkins. i say this because i really think they were one of the few rock bands who were actually able to produce a diverse amount of music. i think that they expanded their sound for good reason, and overall i think that really helped them. i can listen to all of the albums, in order, and not get bored or skip a track. however, i don't think that the people who can't do that don't deserve to be here. that's a terrible thing to say. people can't control what they like and what they don't like. so... this thread is bullshit.

thanks...and oh yeah, can some of you please stop defending b0lly? he's not your bestfriend, you don't have to stick up for him. he's not a superhero...he WAS a rockstar...thats it.

Crono
09-18-2002, 08:57 AM
Fuck you KingFaggot.</font>

King of the Horseflies
09-19-2002, 01:51 PM
http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/rolleyes.gif

someone needs to post that picture of the special olympics kid running...

arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics: even if you win, you are still retarded

------------------
http://www.rpbands.org/images/owned/scrtchr.jpg