View Full Version : Parting With Your SP Stuff

oui henri
06-18-2003, 06:21 PM
I just cleared out my room and re-discovered all these clippings/pictures/posters/merch/t-shirts and became so nostalgic. I can't believe how intense i was about this band.

I don't wear the shirts, i don't have the posters/pics up on my walls, i hardly listen to the interview discs and other CDs, so it only makes sense for me to get rid of this stuff. They're just collecting dust.

I can't believe how much money i wasted on singles, magazines and t-shirts. But mostly the magazines.

peabody
06-18-2003, 06:26 PM
i only have siamese dream, mellon collie, adore, machina and TAFH left.

and 2 concert posters.

everything else has been destroyed/given up/sold.

oui henri
06-18-2003, 06:32 PM
destroyed? on purpose? hehehe

peabody
06-18-2003, 08:05 PM
some. some not.

Ugly
06-18-2003, 08:31 PM
bitter much?

oui henri
06-18-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Ugly
bitter much?

just a tad.

never, EVER will i be THAT obsessed over a band.

NEVER!!!!

yesterdays
06-18-2003, 09:43 PM
i stored all mine in a box..expect i dunno what happned to posters, since they didnt fit..and i dont listen to actuall cd;s ..just burned copies

i started to make an burned antholgy and make a good copy to store in case when i hit middle age..and wanna relive..but i got lazy

Reyngel
06-18-2003, 09:57 PM
When I moved up to Seattle two years ago, all I took were the main albums, my signed Adore booklet, my Roxy poster, and maybe a few other things that I can't remember right now. Everything else... the posters, singles, etc, are all back in California in my old room. Who knows, my parents might have thrown it all away by now.

Eulogy
06-18-2003, 10:22 PM
I don't have that much stuff.

I can't imagine wanting to get rid of any of it.

Azael
06-18-2003, 11:03 PM
i didn't really collect any magazine clippings or such to begin with anyway. All i really liked was the music. I have a couple of t-shirts and some posters that are still in my old house. I still want them tho.

I don't think i'll be parting with any of this stuff for a long time, i still listen to the music frequently.

bornentertainer
06-19-2003, 01:17 AM
I still listen to the Pumpkins every day.

Porcelina Ruby
06-19-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by oui henri
I just cleared out my room and re-discovered all these clippings/pictures/posters/merch/t-shirts and became so nostalgic. I can't believe how intense i was about this band.

I don't wear the shirts, i don't have the posters/pics up on my walls, i hardly listen to the interview discs and other CDs, so it only makes sense for me to get rid of this stuff. They're just collecting dust.

I can't believe how much money i wasted on singles, magazines and t-shirts. But mostly the magazines.

what interview discs? I want starprofile if u hafe that
can I buy it directly from u instead of ebay?
I'll make a good price don't worry..
Do u also have cd singles?
if u r interestend pls mail me @ pdevoeght@hotmail.com

RopeyLopey
06-19-2003, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Porcelina Ruby

what interview discs? I want starprofile if u hafe that

Believe me, the star profile is not worth it..except the first words on the disc, but still they make you laughing only once...

mpp
06-19-2003, 07:57 AM
i picked out MACHINA on the way to work this morning and listened to some of it for the first time in ages and ages

good songs: stand inside your love, wound, age of innocence, with every light, glass and the ghost children

bad songs: the everlasting gaze, raindrops and sunshowers, this time

smashingjj
06-19-2003, 08:29 AM
I have quite a lot SP stuff, but after my Queen collecting frenzy I kinda decided to never be that obsessed about a band again. All the Queen stuff I got... I used to follow the expenses by writing it down every time I bought something. If I remember clearly I must have spent over 2500 guilders on Queen stuff (approx. 1200 euros):eek:

I don't think I'm ever going to sell anything, but it's quite pitiful that it's just stored somewhere, without being enjoyed...

twilightfadez
06-19-2003, 09:51 AM
hey bitches, if you're gonna throw away SP stuff mail it to me...i'll pay for postage and stuff
specially clippings and magazines and all that junk

in stereo
06-19-2003, 09:59 AM
I was just thinking how I don't really listen anymore, and maybe I should sell my collection.

It may be Ebay time! Hopefully I won't regret it...since the value of SP stuff has plummeted.

oui henri
06-19-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by twilightfadez
hey bitches, if you're gonna throw away SP stuff mail it to me...i'll pay for postage and stuff
specially clippings and magazines and all that junk

i have SHITLOADS of that stuff and i was wondering how i could get rid of it.

PICTURES GALORE!

oui henri
06-19-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Porcelina Ruby

I want starprofile if u hafe that

i still have have the plastic wrap on that. i cut a slit in it so i could get the CD and booklet out.

what a nerd i was.

my aunt told me not to get rid of my clippings and shit...that i'd regret it.

she's a huge ozzy fan and showed me her scrap book from the 70's and 80's

pretty cool stuff.

Porcelina Ruby
06-19-2003, 10:38 AM
pls email me
pdevoeght@hotmail.com
we can work out a price..
also do u have:peel sessions, no alternative, LuLL, cd singles..
all cd no vinyl...

twilightfadez
06-19-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by oui henri

i have SHITLOADS of that stuff and i was wondering how i could get rid of it.

PICTURES GALORE!

what would you accept in return?
and what exaclty do you have?

oui henri
06-19-2003, 01:17 PM
hmm.. i suppose the wise thing to do would be to make a comprehensive list of all things pertaining to SP.

twilightfadez
06-19-2003, 01:36 PM
agreed

skippy
06-19-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Eulogy

mirrar
06-19-2003, 04:34 PM
i don't even know where half my sp shit is anymore... when i moved i left it in various places. blah.

Reyngel
06-19-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by mpp
i picked out MACHINA on the way to work this morning and listened to some of it for the first time in ages and ages

good songs: stand inside your love, wound, age of innocence, with every light, glass and the ghost children

bad songs: the everlasting gaze, raindrops and sunshowers, this time

Hm, I know exactly what you mean. I took out Machina the other day after not listening to it in a long, long time, and thought pretty much what you thought... that Stand Inside Your Love, Wound, With Ever Light and Glass and the Ghost Children were great songs, and that Everlasting Gaze and This Time sucked way more than I remembered. However, unlike you, I still think Age of Innocense is such a lame cheesy song, and that Raindrops + Sunshowers is actually a lot cooler since the last time I heard the album.

I think if I had to order the tracks from best to worse after the listening I had the other day, it'd be:

Stand Inside Your Love
With Every Light
Wound
I of the Mourning
The Imploding Voice
Raindrops + Sunshowers
Heavy Metal Machine
Glass and the Ghost Children
Blue Skies Bring Tears
Try, Try, Try
The Everlasting Gaze
Age of Innocense
This Time
The Sacred and Profane
The Crying Tree of Mercury

I think these days, I'm more in a happy, upbeat mood, so...

wounded
06-20-2003, 01:01 PM
i'm glad i never got totally obsessed. i have all the major releases, a couple t-shirts and maybe a poster in my room at one point. the only time i buy a poster of a band is if it is a really cool looking poster promoting a show.

anywhow i never saw the point in collecting every single and particularly promo discs. what a waste of money.

Reyngel
06-20-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by wounded
i'm glad i never got totally obsessed. i have all the major releases, a couple t-shirts and maybe a poster in my room at one point. the only time i buy a poster of a band is if it is a really cool looking poster promoting a show.

anywhow i never saw the point in collecting every single and particularly promo discs. what a waste of money.

Yeah, same here. The only promo disc I have is Crestfallen, and that's cause it was the song that got me interested in the Pumpkins... so, just for sentiment's sake. But even as much as I love the Adore era, I still couldn't find a reason to buy all 500-million versions of the Perfect single, etc, etc. I was once tempted to get the Daphne Descends promo, but $75? Uh, yeah, no.

The singles I have are:

-Thirty-Three, cause in high school I was in a show-choir, and for the final show, I sang My Blue Heaven, so I wanted a disc to practice to in the car, since I didn't have a burner to burn the mp3, and I didn't have TAFH boxset.

-Ava Adore, cause I really thought Czarina and Once in a While were worth the $5.

-Tonight, Tonight, cause again, I didn't have TAFH boxset, and Rotten Apples, Medallia of the Grey Skies, Tonight Reprise, etc, all justified $5.

-Stand Inside Your Love, cause... actually, I don't know why. I was with my girlfriend of the time one day at the Virgin Megastore in Hollywood, trying to sneak some secret info about the Pumpkins playing the in-store, and after the guy told us the info, he also said that he had SIYL singles in the back room that weren't released yet, but that he'd sell us copies if we wanted, so, we bought them. But $10 for Speed Kills... eh. I kinda regret it, but, it was a spur of the moment, hasty purchase.

-Crestfallen promo, which I already explained.

-Disarm(with Landslide and Blew Away), cause one day, my friends brought over their SP collection for me to listen to since I had developed a sudden interest via Adore, and I heard Blew Away on Pisces, and just thought it was a really good song, so the next week, I found the single and bought it for $3.

And that's it. As for all the rest of the singles, I had found all the mp3s, so I just stuck with those.

Shattered
06-20-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Eulogy

Me neither.

I have a hard time letting go of useless crap I've collected over the years. :(

D.
06-20-2003, 10:16 PM
i still have two posters and a flat up in my room, one in the main room, the TAFH box on a shelf, and i still have all my videotapes/mix tapes of "rare" songs/clippings/books/interview cd's/some singles in one box that i'll never get rid of. i pull it out every once in a while and reminisce (sp?). i have the albums on my cd rack, and burned copies for my car cd player...well, in my car.
but, yeah, i haven't listened to them in a while. the only songs that still sound fresh are the adore era songs, the machina era songs and old unreleased tracks because those are the songs i didn't play out when i was younger.

oh, and i still trade sp/zwan.

bonsor
06-20-2003, 10:43 PM
i couldn't imagine parting with any of my pumpkins stuff, because i would have no reason to.

TiaraGurl
06-21-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by ******
i couldn't imagine parting with any of my pumpkins stuff, because i would have no reason to.

Yeah i feel this way.The only items i really wonder what i still have are my 200 analogue boots.

I have thrown out stuff related to other things in the past and i always regret it.

I am still working through my scrapbook backlog i still have to get from arising untilnow.

twilightfadez
06-21-2003, 11:36 AM
i've been wanting to make a scrapbook forever...i just never really put the time :-/

Candor Kills
06-21-2003, 12:00 PM
I still have ALL my stuff, except the siamese singles box set I sold for tattoo money. my room at my parents house is still SP world, but my room at my apartment just has the sp flag. I still do wear the shirts (not all of them, I have 36 lol)

I spent insane amounts of money on the pumpkins...thousands of dollars

In-Valid
06-21-2003, 12:34 PM
I just have the standard releases (including singles) and I never think about selling / getting rid of them. It's a valuable part of my music collection.

However I have one SP baseball type shirt which I never wear. Waste of $$.

I had the Alternative Press magazine with the cover of SP laying together on this big bed. The article IIRC was the first big article write up of SP (done during the final recording touches of Siamese Dream). Great article that caused Billy & Co. grief for many years since it was the first article where Billy whines to the press that the rest of the band does very little. Great article anyways..wish I had kept that magazine.

btw, if any of you people parting with your SP stuff have a SP guitar pick your gonna part with I will gladly take it off your hands...I'll even trade you my Steve's music store guitar pick in return :D