View Full Version : Official apology/explanation?

ckeegan
06-16-2003, 02:02 AM
Just wondering how everyone thinks the band or BC will apologize or explain the recent cancellation of dates in Europe...when will something on zwan.com appear?? I'm interested to read it.

On a side note, if the cancellation keeps the band together in the long run, then that's probably a good thing.

Boycott Graceland
06-16-2003, 05:43 AM
never.

pale blue eyes
06-16-2003, 07:16 AM
I read somewhere it was cancelled for "family reasons" and Pajo had something on his site about it, both of which gave no official explanation and I'm thinking that's about all will ever be said of it.

Ugly
06-16-2003, 11:41 AM
Bolly got Paz preggers!!!

Salena Child
06-16-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Boycott Graceland
never.

severin
06-16-2003, 12:00 PM
in fact it seems someone close to one of the members died....several european media have mentioned that in the last few days....

Mathboy
06-16-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by ******

i'm really sorry but that is a bad reason if that is entirely the truth. just because a close person of my family dies does not mean i cane take off of work for an extended period of time.

Actually, umm, most workplaces offer "bereavement" leave, which can vary from 3 days paid to up to three months of unpaid leave. . .

. . . because everyone likes a smartass. God, what a good way to come back to the board after a few months.

WhoAmI
06-17-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by ******
i'm really sorry but that is a bad reason if that is entirely the truth. just because a close person of my family dies does not mean i cane take off of work for an extended period of time.

Yeah, I know that if someone close to me died, I'd want to go out and play songs about how great life and love and faith are in front of complete strangers...and as previously stated, just about any decent employer will give time off to grieve for a dead loved one, so you really don't have an argument here.
Furthermore, I can't believe how shockingly insensitive some people can be. You don't get to see Zwan this summer? Big fucking deal. When someone dies, you don't get to see that person ever again. To some (hopefully most) people, that's a bigger deal than a rock concert.

Dead
06-17-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by WhoAmI
I can't believe how shockingly insensitive some people can be.
You must be new to the internet. :rolleyes:

EverlastingGlaze
06-17-2003, 06:54 PM
Maybe Billy's dad died, then he can feel the pain we went through when Adore was released

ZackZ
06-17-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by ckeegan
On a side note, if the cancellation keeps the band together in the long run, then that's probably a good thing.

Zwan needs to break up as soon as possible.

WhoAmI
06-17-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Dead

You must be new to the internet. :rolleyes:

No, I just like to try to assume the best about others, but of course people continually let me down.

Azael
06-18-2003, 12:25 AM
No, I just like to try to assume the best about others, but of course people continually let me down.

This is most definitely the wrong place for that.

frenchy
06-18-2003, 03:37 AM
Yeah, I know that if someone close to me died, I'd want to go out and play songs about how great life and love and faith are in front of complete strangers...and as previously stated, just about any decent employer will give time off to grieve for a dead loved one, so you really don't have an argument here.

If that's Billy's case, he needs to get a new job.
Billy is considered as the boss of the company, and not as a simple employee...
Would you close your factory for a month because someone died in your family ?

That European tour was probably the most important buisness travel for the band, because they were playing festivals.

crescentfresh
06-18-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by frenchy

Billy is considered as the boss of the company, and not as a simple employee...

b0lly inc?

frenchy
06-18-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by crescentfresh
b0lly inc?

Yep, that's right !

twilightfadez
06-18-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by EverlastingGlaze
Maybe Billy's dad died, then he can feel the pain we went through when Adore was released

oh man that would be so sad.....he was so nice when i met him :(
btw, the bastard never called me....oh well its not like i thought he would anyway...he did ask for my number, but i guess i had false hopes :(

Cherub Angel
06-19-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by frenchy

Would you close your factory for a month because someone died in your family ?

That European tour was probably the most important buisness travel for the band, because they were playing festivals.

But it's not a business. It's a band. As in, if one member feels the need to leave for a while because of something like a death in their family, the band isn't quite the same without that one player. quite frankly, if one of my family members died I would have done the same thing. This happened on tour as well. What the hell could they do? They can't find a replacement player that quickly.

frenchy
06-19-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Cherub Angel
But it's not a business. It's a band. As in, if one member feels the need to leave for a while because of something like a death in their family, the band isn't quite the same without that one player. quite frankly, if one of my family members died I would have done the same thing. This happened on tour as well. What the hell could they do? They can't find a replacement player that quickly.

Technicaly they could replace anyone in the band except Jimmy or Billy (of course) in a few days.
But, yeah, a band like that is a business...

That quote billy used to say "the band isn't quite the same without that one player" is really a lie... Billy always said that without Jimmy they were happy... and said the same thing when D'Arcy left...
What quote from Billy can you trust?

Death rock boy
06-19-2003, 03:30 PM
I agree that if there has been a death, or a sudden family problem, then taking the band back home was the right thing to do, and everybody should be understanding of that. I know that most 'normal' working people couldn't just ditch ship if somebody close to them died, but I think that anybody that had the opportunity to be able to go home and take some time off would do such a thing, and Zwan are in many ways just lucky they have that opportunity.

On top of that, its not like a touring band is a 9-5 job based in (quite often) the same city or area as your immediate family. Being on tour in a different continent is a 24 hour a day thing, in which there is pretty much zero contact with your immediate family apart from phone calls or maybe e-mail.

Basically, I know some of you are pissed about it because it disrupts your plans, but at the same time the fate of you watching a band that in all reality will probably reschedule most of their dates anyway probably pales in significance to the death of a family member.

Boycott Graceland
06-22-2003, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by Graveflower
Yeah, we all saw how great it worked out the last time they cancelled because of a death.

http://landslide.2007.org/med6garson.jpg