View Full Version : Frank Sinatra sings Disarm


hendy
06-12-2003, 11:49 PM
So, I was in this bar last night, and some music was playing. It was in the style of Frank Sinatra (piano, saxophone, etc) and some old crooner was singing Disarm! It was really fucking hilarious. He also sang Under the Bridge by RHCP. I talked to the barlady and she said that it was a cd that her friend had downloaded and burnt. Does anyone know the title and artist of the cd? Where can I buy/download it?


-Hendy
np: SP - The GM Place - WBFTT

AndItsAllGone
06-13-2003, 12:43 AM
It sounds like it could be Richard Cheese. He has at least one album--it's called Lounge Against the Machine--but I'm not sure either of those songs are on it.

Ugly
06-13-2003, 01:27 AM
I have it on MP3 as "Frank Bennet". one of the best SP covers out there.

hendy
06-13-2003, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by Ugly
I have it on MP3 as "Frank Bennet". one of the best SP covers out there.

Yep, you're right: Googling for "Frank Bennet" gives me this. (http://www.frankbennett.com/discography.htm)
He's even sung "The Beautiful People"!

Any chance of an mp3? I just need that song. trendyhendyATyahooDOTcom Thanks.


-Hendy
np: Zwan - Liquid Room - Lyric

MonteLDS
06-13-2003, 10:22 AM
http://66.236.51.227/frank_bennet-disarm.mp3

and how do you confussed lounge music with Fank Sinatra :(

cap'n jazz
06-13-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by MonteLDS
and how do you confussed lounge music with Fank Sinatra :(

:think:

and again in english, if you will.

Spaldz
06-13-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by hendy


Yep, you're right: Googling for "Frank Bennet" gives me this. (http://www.frankbennett.com/discography.htm)
He's even sung "The Beautiful People"!

Any chance of an mp3? I just need that song. trendyhendyATyahooDOTcom Thanks.


-Hendy
np: Zwan - Liquid Room - Lyric

Haha. That was one great cover.

hendy
06-13-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by MonteLDS
http://66.236.51.227/frank_bennet-disarm.mp3

and how do you confussed lounge music with Fank Sinatra :(

Thanks Monte. Unfortunately my knowledge of music isn't extensive - I can tell the difference between, say a cappella and nu metal, but that's about the limit. :D


-Hendy
np: Frank Bennett - Disarm

Mayfuck
06-14-2003, 03:34 AM
FYI: That's the original. SP covered it.

hendy
06-14-2003, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Mayfuck
FYI: That's the original. SP covered it.

Yeah, sure. Next you'll be telling me that Landslide is a cover too. :rolleyes:


-Hendy
np: Live - Run Away

DeviousJ
06-14-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by hendy


Thanks Monte. Unfortunately my knowledge of music isn't extensive - I can tell the difference between, say a cappella and nu metal, but that's about the limit. :D


-Hendy
np: Frank Bennett - Disarm

Acappella is without music, nu-metal is... hmmm

RopeyLopey
06-14-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by hendy


Yeah, sure. Next you'll be telling me that Landslide is a cover too. :rolleyes:


-Hendy
np: Live - Run Away

This is Fleetwood Mac song. Corgan exchanged the permission to sing the song for the presence of one certain FM member on 1979 single cover...who could resist such offer?

cap'n jazz
06-14-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by hendy


Yeah, sure. Next you'll be telling me that Landslide is a cover too. :rolleyes:


-Hendy
np: Live - Run Away

Yeah, it's a Dixie Chicks original.

-Calum

mellon_c0llie
06-14-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by RopeyLopey


This is Fleetwood Mac song. Corgan exchanged the permission to sing the song for the presence of one certain FM member on 1979 single cover...who could resist such offer?

that's just a rumor.

RopeyLopey
06-14-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by mellon_c0llie


that's just a rumor.

Really? Heh, I wasn't serious at all when I was writing that.