View Full Version : what zwan needs to do to keep their fanbase

jack_kerouac03
06-11-2003, 03:59 PM
1. take a break

everyone is tired of the same setlist over and over. maybe not doing the european tour is a good thing, they should relax and maybe get a head start on the djalizwan record. too much zwan is not a good thing.

2. play fewer and smaller shows

i think the blocks of 4 shows that they were doing 2001-2002 were perfect. keep everyone excited by playing every now and again, and play small clubs and venues for an intimate show. zwan isn't a stadium band

3. release a few soundboard shows, a soundboard comp, or some b-sides and demos

there are around 100 songs that zwan have written, and the ones on mary star of the sea only strach the surface of what this band can do. put out something to keep the fans interested until the djalizwan record comes out

4. delete the zwan.com message board

its full of hate, negativity and idiots. keep the rest of the site, but get rid of the message board. admins can post news and site updates in the news section. then maybe billy and co can start posting messages on the site, how touring/recording etc is going. also - disable the comment feature on the pajo_paz livejournal.

what do you think?

eyesbomb
06-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by jack_kerouac03

what do you think?

that you should consider cutting your head off.

eyesbomb
06-11-2003, 04:03 PM
and not in a small venue, but in the middle of the largest arena, packed

severin
06-11-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by eyesbomb

that you should consider cutting your head off. you're just bitter they don't play hurricane ;)

he has his points...i agree on most of them...what he does forget is, that they should make some money now and then, so they get support from reprise...

eyesbomb
06-11-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by severin
what he does forget is, that they should make some money now and then, so they get support from reprise...

sev., what he does indeed forget is that Billy should consider writing GOOD SONGS again

Originally posted by severin
you're just bitter they don't play hurricane ;)

yeah, and Roma too as it seems

but oh well, speaking of the Hurricane I'll still get to see Bjork, Radiohead, Massive Attack, Interpol, Sigur Ros, Interpol, Turbonegro, (speaking of the which, how did the interview went?!?)...

jack_kerouac03
06-11-2003, 04:08 PM
dude, i am sorry about the european tour being cancelled - but i am sure it was for a good reason

eyesbomb
06-11-2003, 04:09 PM
dude, i am sorry about the european tour being cancelled - but i am sure it was for a good reason

GODDAMN CUT THAT FUCKING HEAD OFF NOW !! !

:mad:

jack_kerouac03
06-11-2003, 04:11 PM

sev., what he does indeed forget is that Billy should consider writing GOOD SONGS again

see: djalizwan

eyesbomb
06-11-2003, 04:14 PM

see: djalizwan

/me prepares the sword for the head of the fucker

http://www.terrediconfine.net/fantasystory/fanart/elisa/guerriero.jpg

RopeyLopey
06-11-2003, 04:49 PM

what do you think?

Yes. I was just thinking about it today and I came up with 3 identical points as you did.

I'd only add:

5.fire uncapable Elliot Roberts

Lol David, come on, you'll still see Radiohead&Co ;)

Reyngel
06-11-2003, 04:58 PM
6. All go through emotional trauma, take drugs, and live on the street so that Billy can write good songs again.

Dead
06-11-2003, 05:41 PM

GODDAMN CUT THAT FUCKING HEAD OFF NOW !! !

http://www.emotioneric.com/kill.jpg

mrjackalope
06-11-2003, 05:41 PM
7. Tell the record company to give them some goddamn promotion, so they don't lose money.

aspecialkid
06-11-2003, 05:52 PM

maybe not.with that responce i know you have no clue..

Reyngel
06-11-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by aspecialkid

maybe not,with that responce i know you have no clue..

Fool, he has the user name of a lyric in a Zwan song. Of COURSE he has a clue.

aspecialkid
06-11-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Reyngel

:) i can be foolish sometimes.

Purr Snickety
06-11-2003, 06:34 PM
5. not cancel entire tours

And accept the fact that they're not going to sell out concerts without working their way up.

bonsor
06-11-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by mrjackalope
7. Tell the record company to give them some goddamn promotion, so they don't lose money. Uh they have been getting a lot of promotion, and they're losing money because of it. It's pretty obvious that Zwan is not as popular as we'd all like them to be, and massive promotions wont change that.

memories_unwind
06-11-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by ******
Uh they have been getting a lot of promotion, and they're losing money because of it. It's pretty obvious that Zwan is not as popular as we'd all like them to be, and massive promotions wont change that.

In Europe the promotion was all but nothing and they cancel the European shows...in the US and Canada they do not have these problems but you`re right, promotion doesn`t compensate all problems...

mrjackalope
06-11-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by ******
Uh they have been getting a lot of promotion, and they're losing money because of it. It's pretty obvious that Zwan is not as popular as we'd all like them to be, and massive promotions wont change that.

i have seen nothing of this promotion. they dont even get played on the radio in the south.

Corganist
06-11-2003, 11:30 PM
The problem is that the way Zwan has handled things in the last few months has really changed what their fanbase is. The Zwan fans of today are not the people who traveled to those first few mini-tours, or taped and traded those shows and got the word out about what was at the time an exciting new band. There was genuinely good buzz about Zwan back in those days. And deservedly so I might add.

But somehow that all got messed up around the time the album came out. All the sudden, the shows are crowded with 15 year olds in Zero shirts whose idea of supporting the band is trying to get their video on TRL. I hate to sound as though I'm bitter that Zwan isn't still an underground sensation, but it seems that the band's early reputation was mostly positive due to the dedication of fans who loved their music and spread the word about it. And it seemed the band just cashed in on that reputation and buzz in attempt to win back teenyboppers.

All in all. I'm sure they haven't forgotten about fans who are a bit more mature, but they take them for granted IMO. And from a lot of the hatred spewed from this board towards the band, I'd say that they've miscalculated the loyalty of those fans. There's going to have to come a time when Zwan has to decide whether or not they want to continue hoping to win the lottery for the hit single that'll launch them into teenage cd players everywhere, or whether they want to go back to making overall incredible music that'll generate a following on its own merits like they've done before.

jack_kerouac03
06-12-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Reyngel

i used to walk theez roads, you know i did, you know i did!11!!

man, aspecialkid, i wish i could jack-off to secret info like you do. i am sorry i have no clue!!

but seriously - everything was awesome with zwan until they signed with a label. it seems that they made mary star of the sea to be newbie and radio friendly, and then added Jesus to please the real fans.

Reyngel
06-12-2003, 12:25 AM

but seriously - everything was awesome with zwan until they signed with a label. it seems that they made mary star of the sea to be newbie and radio friendly, and then added Jesus to please the real fans.

You know, that's actually a pretty intelligent thought. I never thought about that before... hmm. The album really does sound like it was all created for non-fans, and then Jesus was added in for the people who actually gave a fuck.

King of Devious
06-12-2003, 01:33 AM
How about they stop sucking?

thats why they lost me as a fan

bowmaan
06-12-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Corganist
(insert Corganist's rant)

amen. you spoke the EXACT words I spoke in a conversation I had at work earlier today.

Dead on.

- bowman

Kill the Joy
06-12-2003, 03:52 AM
THEY USED TO PLAY HONESTLY FOR A COUPLE WEEKS HERE TILL PPL CALLED AND SAID IT WAS SHIT SO NOW YOULL NEVER HEAR A ZWAN SONG
NO ONE GAVE A SHIT WHEN THEY PLAYED OUT HERE EITHER AND I DIDNT GO CAUSE I CANT STAND THAT HO PAZ'S VOICE IT SUCKS ASS

Fox Mulder
06-12-2003, 07:04 AM
I really do have a feeling that the only reason they have cancelled the European tour is bad ticket sales.

It sucks because the band can't just expect to sell out venues in their still quite early days.

They can't just expect all the hardcore Pumpkins fans to fill their shows.

Pieces
06-12-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Kill the Joy
THEY USED TO PLAY HONESTLY FOR A COUPLE WEEKS HERE TILL PPL CALLED AND SAID IT WAS SHIT SO NOW YOULL NEVER HEAR A ZWAN SONG
NO ONE GAVE A SHIT WHEN THEY PLAYED OUT HERE EITHER AND I DIDNT GO CAUSE I CANT STAND THAT HO PAZ'S VOICE IT SUCKS ASS

Ok, first of all, pause, breathe, and ask yourself did that post make any sense? No.

Then ask yourself, is my poor grammar and use of caps lock representing myself as a smart person? No.

Relax. Breathe. And do some yoga.

aspecialkid
06-12-2003, 11:53 AM

man, aspecialkid, i wish i could jack-off to secret info like you do. i am sorry i have no clue!!

man lanny jack/landon webber i wish i was dumb enough to rip people by offering B+P and never sending there stuff back.just keep there 5 cent CDRs like you do.

man jack_kerouac03 i wish i would try to rip people off for vinyls like you tried doing to me. that would have been great if i would have sent your money back to you cause you said you never got the vinyls. good thing your girlfriend was cool enough to call me up and say you were lying out your ass and you really did get the vinyls.

man lanny jack/landon webber are you hurt you got fired from zwan.com because other admins set up contests for the z-boarders to win prizes. it was your job to send the stuff out but you decided to keep all the prizes and screw everyone over.

im sorry you dont know shit about whats really going on with zwan.

as far as jacking off over zwan, i dont do that,it would be boring.

some of the things you posted are far from the truth, and show you have no clue what your talking about. im real sorry if i hurt your feelings by me saying you have no clue, but it was the truth.

if your feelings are hurt easly you might want to try a message board more like blamo....

El Savior
06-12-2003, 01:18 PM
they never had a fanbase!

Ugly
06-12-2003, 01:22 PM
The should stick to smaller venues, they’re never gonna be stadium big, don’t even try. And not take it personally when it doesn’t sell out.

Nimrod's Son
06-12-2003, 02:24 PM
and not in a small venue, but in the middle of the largest arena, packed You're such an idiot. They can't even pack the smaller venues they are playing now.

San Diego didn't sell out. There's no way they are playing arenas, retard.

RopeyLopey
06-12-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
You're such an idiot. They can't even pack the smaller venues they are playing now.

San Diego didn't sell out. There's no way they are playing arenas, retard.

he was refering to the reply above.so you should read it:

Originally posted by Eyesbomb
that you should consider cutting your head off.
and not in a small venue, but in the middle of the largest arena, packed

in stereo
06-12-2003, 03:13 PM
They seriously need to get rid of the rainbow merch.

I can't take it anymore

jack_kerouac03
06-12-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by in stereo
They seriously need to get rid of the rainbow merch.

I can't take it anymore

how else am i going to display my gay pride?

jack_kerouac03
06-12-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by aspecialkid

man lanny jack/landon webber i wish i was dumb enough to rip people by offering B+P and never sending there stuff back.just keep there 5 cent CDRs like you do.

man jack_kerouac03 i wish i would try to rip people off for vinyls like you tried doing to me. that would have been great if i would have sent your money back to you cause you said you never got the vinyls. good thing your girlfriend was cool enough to call me up and say you were lying out your ass and you really did get the vinyls.

man lanny jack/landon webber are you hurt you got fired from zwan.com because other admins set up contests for the z-boarders to win prizes. it was your job to send the stuff out but you decided to keep all the prizes and screw everyone over.

im sorry you dont know shit about whats really going on with zwan.

as far as jacking off over zwan, i dont do that,it would be boring.

some of the things you posted are far from the truth, and show you have no clue what your talking about. im real sorry if i hurt your feelings by me saying you have no clue, but it was the truth.

if your feelings are hurt easly you might want to try a message board more like blamo....

my point is - tons of people are upset and worried over the tour being cancelled. you post things like "fuck off, you have no clue" and brag about having secret info or whatever. instead of maybe helping the situation you just want to prove something to everyone that you have teh insider info!@#

weber has one "b" in it, retard. at least spell my name right if you are going to plaster it all over the internet Jeremy.

as far as the prizes go, i set up the contest, and i bought all of the prizes. they were pretty meager so i was going to get signatures from the hideout shows. i was informed "don't bother, we already sent better prizes out" and six months later the winners still hadn't gotten their things.

you seriously need to chill out. maybe take an anger managment class. go get a hug from your queen veronica and feel better being her cronie.

aspecialkid
06-12-2003, 05:18 PM

instead of maybe helping the situation you just want to prove something to everyone that you have teh insider info!@#

no,i just wanted to let everyone to know that what you had said was wrong.

weber has one "b" in it, retard. at least spell my name right if you are going to plaster it all over the internet Jeremy.

you think i give a fuck if i put a typo in the spelling of your name?

as far as the prizes go, i set up the contest, and i bought all of the prizes. they were pretty meager so i was going to get signatures from the hideout shows. i was informed "don't bother, we already sent better prizes out" and six months later the winners still hadn't gotten their things.

total bullshit,all the prizes got sent to you through the message board, you did not pay for shit. everything that was sent to jack_kerouac03, he/you kept. that and the fact you kept ben/wofgangs stuff got your ass fired. theses people at this board are not all fools,some of them are people you fucked over as well.

jack_kerouac03
06-13-2003, 12:14 AM
you have no idea what you are talking about.

i made the jamboree themed contest, so i got prizes that were related to the artists.

i got 3 radio promos from a guy who used to work for tenacious D.

i bought a bunch of strokes vinyl from cheapo records in saint paul.

then i bought some pez dispensers and candy refills and colored some pictures to be funny.

*those* were the prizes, that's why i wanted to get a few sweeney jack t-shirts from the hideout and see if the band would sign them.

i didn't steal jack shit.

aspecialkid
06-13-2003, 12:53 AM
you have no idea what you are talking about.

i made the jamboree themed contest, so i got prizes that were related to the artists.

i got 3 radio promos from a guy who used to work for tenacious D.

i bought a bunch of strokes vinyl from cheapo records in saint paul.

then i bought some pez dispensers and candy refills and colored some pictures to be funny.

*those* were the prizes, that's why i wanted to get a few sweeney jack t-shirts from the hideout and see if the band would sign them.

i didn't steal jack shit.

well thats not what your boss said. he said you got fired cause you kept the prizes of fans, and you kept his strokes stuff as well.

maybe you have changed, i hope so.
i will leave you alone now.