View Full Version : Kazaa sharing

stumpycat
06-11-2003, 03:46 PM
Anyway, I've got Kazaa Lite running, and I'm supposedly sharing 201 files (says so in My Kazaa Lite and also in the bottom righthand corner of the screen), though a great majority of that is from an MP3 CD I have in my M drive right now. However, when I search for what I am sharing to see if other people can find it, I can't seem to find them. I have used search words, etc., too. (BTW right now the MP3 CD is full of nearly 200 tracks from part of my old 5-CD Smashing Pumpkins Audio Archive.)

So, I guess my questions are...

1. Should the key words be separated with commas, etc. or not? Do the key words actually help you? Are there any keywords I should use besides the name of the song, band, alblum, cover song indication, etc?

2. Alot of the live tracks have weird names, like "951212zero" to distinguish them. How much should I change this to make sense to the search engines and the people using them? I was just putting the performance date in the "details" section, and naming the song "zero (live)", but then again I have a number of live performances of that song. So should I ******* the date in the paranthesis of the song title itself, albiet separated, i.e. "zero (live 12/12/95)"?

Edit: ******* = in.clude
(Evil html/UBB coding word now, eh?)

Nimrod's Son
06-11-2003, 03:49 PM
Does this look like the fucking Kazaa helpfile to you?

stumpycat
06-11-2003, 04:02 PM
I've read the Kazaa help files. They give plenty of information, but no practical user input.

bonsor
06-11-2003, 05:56 PM
Don't use keywords. They're retarded.

Don't evem bother with a date. If I wanted a specific live SP performance, I would not go Kazaa for it.

sleeper
06-11-2003, 07:30 PM
get soulseek (http://www.slsk.org). its like kazaa but its actually good. no spyware no bullshit programs. its barebones and it works

rkjr
06-11-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by sleeper
no spyware no bullshit programs.

Like Kazaa Lite?

Krafty
06-11-2003, 09:10 PM
I like kazaa. I've never really had any problems with it.

The Pashing Smumpkin
06-12-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by sleeper
get soulseek (http://www.slsk.org). its like kazaa but its actually good. no spyware no bullshit programs. its barebones and it works

Thanks for suggesting this. Ive never heard of it and I usually have a lot of problems with other download programs (like gnutella for intstance) but this seems to be pretty good. The format is weird, but Ill give it a shot. :)

stumpycat
06-12-2003, 04:26 PM
I've got the newest version of Kazaa Lite (which has no spyware, etc.--besides I have a number of programs that I can use to remove that type of stuff so it's really no problem.) It's actually pretty awesome, aside from the fact that I only have a 56k connection. I shouldn't really complain about that, though.

Nimrod's Son
06-12-2003, 04:34 PM
Stumpy cat, stumpy cat, what are the feeding you?