View Full Version : SP don't make VH1 top 100 songs...

the_marked
06-10-2003, 08:11 PM
http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/the_greatest/66966/episode_about.jhtml

eminem at #4 with lose yourself? :hurl:
cause you know how that got more airplay than BWBW or Disarm...

shaniqua
06-10-2003, 08:26 PM
who fucking cares? they could have just called it "100 hits from the past 25 years that we're going to put into some ridiculous order."

pale blue eyes
06-10-2003, 10:20 PM
All VH1 Top 100 are predictably disappointing at best. I mean, it is VH1 afterall. For them it's just another couple hours of programming they don't have to fill with shitty Behind the Music episodes and other dumb countdowns.

KingJeremy
06-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by shaunna
who fucking cares? they could have just called it "100 hits from the past 25 years that we're going to put into some ridiculous order." Kind of like the holier than thou indie-fuck thread.

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23991

Ensoul
06-10-2003, 11:10 PM
When will we see a good music channel?

Pieces
06-11-2003, 11:20 AM
Smells Like Teen Spirit was always going to win, because it's such a great song by a great band. :cool:

pale blue eyes
06-11-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Pieces
Smells Like Teen Spirit was always going to win, because it's such a great song by a great band. :cool:

It also wins because it's a safe number one. Its so obvious, nobody will argue against it simply because it is Nirvana.

the_marked
06-11-2003, 10:24 PM
hmmm this list grows funnier as i read it.....mmmbop by hanson is on there.........
oh well
one day music will return, then when it does, the leader of the music revolution will commit suicide and we'll be back to this crap

Eulogy
06-11-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Phreak

It also wins because it's a safe number one. Its so obvious, nobody will argue against it simply because it is Nirvana.

I'll argue against it. That song is an overrated piece of trash. I don't care how historically significant it is....it is not very good. And everyone knows that, dammit.

pale blue eyes
06-12-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Eulogy

I'll argue against it. That song is an overrated piece of trash. I don't care how historically significant it is....it is not very good. And everyone knows that, dammit.

I agree, it wasn't close to being their best song but God knows nobody at VH1 wants to pick something different. Their countdowns always have the most predictable and obvious number ones. And yet, I still watch most of them. :(

stumpycat
06-12-2003, 05:21 PM
I echo the sentiments of everyone that has already posted a reply--it's fucking VH1. What were you expecting? You are afflicted with an unhealthy amount of optimism if you chose to place your faith them exercising good musical judgement. I lost my faith in their musical judgement ages ago. The only decent musical "channel" I've found is Music Choice...which, although mostly audio-only, actually has a great diversity of music on a number of cable/satellite "stations" which are grouped together. They play unedited alblum tracks from both popular bands and the much more obscure end of the spectrum. (I've got Dish satellite now, though...and its music stations suck ass a majority of the time.)

Travis Meekz
06-12-2003, 07:11 PM
In a way I'm sort of glad that SP doesn't get put on these lists all the time. Most people cannot understand the scope of why the pumpkins are good, be it actually meaningful and deep lyrics of sadness and hopelessness to technically layered seven minute songs. Most people I know have horrible taste in music...I'm glad that people like the people here are around and know good music. I'm glad we don't have to have it slammed down our throats to what is good. Every one of those songs on the list could be played on any 'top 40' radio station. It's almost an honor to the band that they are kept off such shit.

/rant

Fox Mulder
06-13-2003, 06:02 AM
VH1 countdowns change every time they do one. So many of the songs in it didn't deserve to be there.

Elvis The Fat Years
06-13-2003, 07:16 AM
in any of these kind of lists #1 for the next couple of years is always going to be zeppelin, beatles or nirvana.

so until someone comes along and kicks music in the ass again, get used to it.

Pieces
06-13-2003, 04:20 PM
I really don't see how anyone can call Smells Like Teen Spirit trash, unless it's out of spite or something.

The song is so damn catchy and energetic, and you don't even have to know a single word Kurt is singing to love it.

I'd actually say Radio Friendly Unit Shifter was Kurt's best song, but Smells Like Teen Spirit is probably no.2

O'Doyle Rules
06-14-2003, 01:42 PM
VH1 used to play michael bolton videos. fuck off