View Full Version : Adore sessions with Jimmy?

RopeyLopey
06-09-2003, 05:26 PM
I just wanted to ask - are these only rumours about re-recording of Adore after Jimmy had joined the band again? Or is it true? I was just curious, as I was trying to do sort of Adore-with-Jimmy compilation using the Adore songs played through 1999 and 2000 and apparently they've never played Crestfallen, Daphne, Behold!The Nightmare and Annie-dog with Jimmy. Or am I wrong?
I hope these songs could have been recorded at least during this rumoured session...

On the other hand, why they would have been doing something like re-recording of Adore?

Reyngel
06-09-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by RopeyLopey
I just wanted to ask - are these only rumours about re-recording of Adore after Jimmy had joined the band again? Or is it true? I was just curious, as I was trying to do sort of Adore-with-Jimmy compilation using the Adore songs played through 1999 and 2000 and apparently they've never played Crestfallen, Daphne, Behold!The Nightmare and Annie-dog with Jimmy. Or am I wrong?
I hope these songs could have been recorded at least during this rumoured session...

On the other hand, why they would have been doing something like re-recording of Adore?

I know of the sessions you're talking about, but I don't think those sessions were for "re-recording" Adore. I think they were just part of the energy of Jimmy coming back... sort of a chance for him to jam with them on songs he'd missed out on. Billy mentioned or hinted that they recorded them, but I don't think he meant that it was a real revision of the original idea. He mentioned something about there being a salsa-sounding version of Dusty/Pete, etc. I would LOVE to hear these sessions, but for some reason, I can't see Billy giving a fuck about getting them out to us.

Jesse Miller
06-09-2003, 05:35 PM
C'mon people... :rolleyes:

All this was, was the band rehearsing Adore w/ Jimmy, and the tape was probably rolling. Everyone's been making this out to be more than it is ever since '99.

RopeyLopey
06-09-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Reyngel

I would LOVE to hear these sessions, but for some reason, I can't see Billy giving a fuck about getting them out to us.

Thanks a lot, Reyngel.If it's true, then there are TWO of us, who would like to hear them,sir.
Holy fuck, I am just wondering where exactly he's keeping all these treasures (all MCIS sessions, this Jimmy/Adore thing...)is it just some plain box in his apartment or is it somewhere deep inside some safe? Who knows...

RopeyLopey
06-09-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Jesse Miller

All this was, was the band rehearsing Adore w/ Jimmy, and the tape was probably rolling. Everyone's been making this out to be more than it is ever since '99.

Well, of course, this is the most probable scenario, but as long as we haven't heard it yet, we cannot be sure...whatever, I was just wondering...

Reyngel
06-09-2003, 05:44 PM

All this was, was the band rehearsing Adore w/ Jimmy, and the tape was probably rolling.

That sounds like a pretty tight tape to me. If you think it'd be boring to hear, then fine.

Jesse Miller
06-09-2003, 05:54 PM
Sorry, reading back through my post, I guess I seemed sort of harsh.

Yeah, it's not as formal as it may seem. It's just that everybody's hopes are shrouding their logic: it would be quite time-consuming and costly to re-record an album that didn't sell-well (from Virgin's standpoint) that no one will ever hear anyways. I'm sure the band was pracing/arranging the Machina songs, and sort of plowed through Adore material for use on the next tour, and the tape machine was rolling all along for posterity. That and to go back and review the material; I have *lots* of tapes of my old bands' rehearsals. And it's not usually a pretty sight, err, sound. I'm sure the Adore Jimmy recordings are neat, but nothing near a finished album or whatever the legend holds it to be.

frenchy
06-09-2003, 06:30 PM
I've started this whole story back in January 2000, after Jimmy told me after the Paris show that they went to the studio to work on different versions of Adore with him on drums.

This could also mean, that it was just the band rehearsing together the songs Jimmy never played before...

He said he had like 4-5 different drum versions for every song.

Reyngel
06-09-2003, 07:04 PM
Sorry, reading back through my post, I guess I seemed sort of harsh.

Yeah, it's not as formal as it may seem. It's just that everybody's hopes are shrouding their logic: it would be quite time-consuming and costly to re-record an album that didn't sell-well (from Virgin's standpoint) that no one will ever hear anyways. I'm sure the band was pracing/arranging the Machina songs, and sort of plowed through Adore material for use on the next tour, and the tape machine was rolling all along for posterity. That and to go back and review the material; I have *lots* of tapes of my old bands' rehearsals. And it's not usually a pretty sight, err, sound. I'm sure the Adore Jimmy recordings are neat, but nothing near a finished album or whatever the legend holds it to be.

That's what I said.