View Full Version : Dutch people; Zwan @ Pinkpop

Nothing/everything
06-07-2003, 02:59 PM
I didn't see a post concerning this, they'll be replacing Sum 41. Monday 15:45, the fest hasn't sold out yet if i'm not mistaken. It'll probably be broadcasted on www.3voor12.nl , and on dutch television.

Nothing/everything
06-07-2003, 03:03 PM
20 minute TV boradcast at 20:45

killer_tomato
06-07-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Nothing/everything
they'll be replacing Sum 41
:rofl:

smashingjj
06-10-2003, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by killer_tomato

:rofl: yeah that's pretty sad huh

Nothing/everything
06-10-2003, 07:02 AM
So was the performance. Dutch TV broadcasted 3 songs (settle down, honestly, broken heart). Probably the most crappy performance of Zwan i've heard so far. No tempo, crap sound, etc. Quite a disappointment.

babyletswhine
06-10-2003, 08:10 AM
So was the performance. Dutch TV broadcasted 3 songs (settle down, honestly, broken heart). Probably the most crappy performance of Zwan i've heard so far. No tempo, crap sound, etc. Quite a disappointment.

the sound was pretty good for pinkpop. On the tv pajo was too loud, and pinkpop soundboards arent too great.

It was one of the best festival performances of zwan. Not the best performance i agree. And the no tempo comment, what do you mean by that. There is always a tempo?

Nothing/everything
06-14-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by babyletswhine
And the no tempo comment, what do you mean by that. There is always a tempo?

i think you actually understood pretty good what i meant.

did i piss you off or something, you seem to be quite nippy and agitated when it comes to my posts. And come on, the pinkpop performance is not a way to advertise for your band.

RopeyLopey
06-14-2003, 03:57 PM

On the tv pajo was too loud

in other words, you could hear him? Maybe they just finally plugged the jack into his guitar.

babyletswhine
06-15-2003, 06:09 AM

i think you actually understood pretty good what i meant.

did i piss you off or something, you seem to be quite nippy and agitated when it comes to my posts. And come on, the pinkpop performance is not a way to advertise for your band.

sorry if i gave you that impression, it was just a coincidence that you made two posts with a content i disagree on.

The no tempo part still isnt clear. And the sound was one of the best of most pinkpop soundboards. Sure it wasnt the best performance. But if you heard qotsa or audioslave they had such bad sound quality both on tv and in the audience.

Thats why i was suprised you were so negative about zwan, and i think the pinkpop festival is a good way to promote your band. ITs better than playing on rock am ring between metallica and iron maiden.

But zwan should play venues, thats where they are the best.

babyletswhine
06-15-2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by RopeyLopey

in other words, you could hear him? Maybe they just finally plugged the jack into his guitar.

pajo is audible most of the time, he doesnt play the most noticeable parts, but his parts are of great contribution to the live sound.

He gives the songs a thick feel with very delayed guitars and stuff.

His contribution in songs such as baby lets rock, mary star and lyric are enormous.

Nothing/everything
06-15-2003, 06:17 AM

sorry if i gave you that impression, it was just a coincidence that you made two posts with a content i disagree on.

The no tempo part still isnt clear. And the sound was one of the best of most pinkpop soundboards. Sure it wasnt the best performance. But if you heard qotsa or audioslave they had such bad sound quality both on tv and in the audience.

Thats why i was suprised you were so negative about zwan, and i think the pinkpop festival is a good way to promote your band. ITs better than playing on rock am ring between metallica and iron maiden.

But zwan should play venues, thats where they are the best.

Ah allright then :D
With no tempo i meant that the tempo they played on wasn't high enough. With the music zwan makes (and SP used to make) i think it's better to play at a higher tempo when playing live, to keep things interesting. And pinkpop is a good way to promote your band, especially with the tv broadcasts, but imho zwan's performance was pretty bad, for earlier stated reasons.

RopeyLopey
06-15-2003, 06:23 AM

pajo is audible most of the time, he doesnt play the most noticeable parts, but his parts are of great contribution to the live sound.

He gives the songs a thick feel with very delayed guitars and stuff.

His contribution in songs such as baby lets rock, mary star and lyric are enormous.

I completely agree on this with you (read my first reply in this thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?threadid=21603)). I just couldn't resist at the moment, you know...

yeah, sometimes I was also wondering, what a huge difference it could make if they'd have played the songs you've mentioned without Pajo - sometimes it looks like this is the only way how some people could realize how essential Pajo for ZWAN really is.

Nothing/everything
06-15-2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by RopeyLopey
yeah, sometimes I was also wondering, what a huge difference it could make if they'd have played the songs you've mentioned without Pajo - sometimes it looks like this is the only way how some people could realize how essential Pajo for ZWAN really is.

When speaking of Pajo: people should go listen to Papa M, in stead of Zwan.

RopeyLopey
06-15-2003, 06:42 AM

When speaking of Pajo: people should go listen to Papa M, in stead of Zwan.

I'd rather say listen to all the projects he's ever been ivolved in : then you'd really appreciate what a versatile musician he is...

we in czech have an adage that goes like that saying this (go realize what a great musician Pajo is ) it's like "bringing a wood into the forest" -if you know what I mean- I don't know how to translate it correctly into English...

babyletswhine
06-15-2003, 08:17 AM

Ah allright then :D
With no tempo i meant that the tempo they played on wasn't high enough. With the music zwan makes (and SP used to make) i think it's better to play at a higher tempo when playing live, to keep things interesting. And pinkpop is a good way to promote your band, especially with the tv broadcasts, but imho zwan's performance was pretty bad, for earlier stated reasons.

okay now i get it. but still i disagree with you on that. Sometimes they play songs faster such as DOF, and then it sounds too rushed.

But i see the music of zwan as something really different then the music tsp made.
As a live band i think zwan is much tighter, after seeing them live i was really convinced (recordings and cd arent the best indication).

But again comparing the two is a waste of time, since its so different.

And n/e next year the djali zwan will come to holland, and there is a zwan coming with mary star/complex kinda songs. ;)