View Full Version : Problem with shn

Lucky13
06-07-2003, 09:52 AM
i transfer a show from my dat to my pc save it in wav then i go to shn it and it wont..it says theres something wrong with the .dll files..i can make mkw and encord to mp3 and what not..but cant make shns..my os is xp..anybody know?

severin
06-07-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Lucky13
i transfer a show from my dat to my pc save it in wav then i go to shn it and it wont..it says theres something wrong with the .dll files..i can make mkw and encord to mp3 and what not..but cant make shns..my os is xp..anybody know? ah, the good old shorten.dll error
you have 3 possibilities:
1) format your pc and try it again
2) encode the shn's without appending the seektables
3) try right-click/encode to shn ( you can also do this with multiple files selected) (you can use the seektables then)

i got it to work with #3

Dead
06-07-2003, 02:23 PM
Just read my guide, there is a Windows XP fix that ususally works.

http://www.bystarlite.com/tsphub/faq/index.html#making

sarmatianus
06-07-2003, 05:48 PM
This happened to me when I put it on my gf's laptop. And I tried the fix that etree gave me and it didn't work. So I deinstalled mkw and went to it's official site (the non-etree one) and downloaded the previous version. That one worked fine except for that I couldn't do the append seektables option. So I decided to try to reinstall the latest version of mkw just to see what the problem was. That time it worked.

Note: I have absolutely no idea why that worked.

aldango
06-08-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by sarmatianus
This happened to me when I put it on my gf's laptop. And I tried the fix that etree gave me and it didn't work. So I deinstalled mkw and went to it's official site (the non-etree one) and downloaded the previous version. That one worked fine except for that I couldn't do the append seektables option. So I decided to try to reinstall the latest version of mkw just to see what the problem was. That time it worked.

Note: I have absolutely no idea why that worked.

Possibly the old version left dll files around on her computer that the newer version requires. I haven't been to the mKw site in a long time, but for some OSs doesn't it talk about having to download additional files? I'm not sure.