View Full Version : Calling All SP Fans - Metro Dvd Petition - NETPHORIA UNITE !

bl0ck
06-06-2003, 05:52 PM
Metro DVD Petition

Okay, Months and Months of moaning about all the new topics of Metro DVD - and nothing .....

Well it's time we did something about it; Im calling ALL smashing pumpkins fans to sign this ... even if you don't want the dvd .. do it for the Fans who Do.

http://www.petitiononline.com/001979/petition.html

300 or so allready - I didn't start this btw ... Im only here to enhace it. So Please .... Help us get This.

I Really can't die without this.

NETPHORIA COMMUNITY UNITE!

**Contact all your friends, other smashing pumpkins websites to help this happen.

This will NOT Happen without EVERYONE Joining in.

Anyone who sign's the Petition can:

*Get others to sign it
*Contact Websites to get us Publicity

If we get enough people signing it - Can you imagion sleeping at night knowing the Release date for the Metro DVD?

Injektilo
06-06-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by bl0ck

If we get enough people signing it - Can you imagion sleeping at night knowing the Release date for the Metro DVD?

heh, thats a nice thought actually.

however, I think we'd all be better off if we started a mass email campaign to Virgin, or whoever it is that holds the rights. mentioning it to Biilly once or twice might help too, though it might also piss him off a bit.

bl0ck
06-06-2003, 06:03 PM
As Billy said in Full Circle ; People are too negative - But His band did really care.

I Really care.

We should mention it to Billly .. something like "If you bring out this DVD .. it will be less people bugging you about it."

Dead
06-06-2003, 06:13 PM
NETPHORIA COMMUNITY UNITE!
http://www.emotioneric.com/sarcresp.jpg

ZephZero33
06-06-2003, 06:17 PM
As Billy said in Full Circle ; People are too negative - But His band did really care.

I Really care.

We should mention it to Billly .. something like "If you bring out this DVD .. it will be less people bugging you about it."

Ohhhh trust me, it has been mentioned to him.

Fathoms (unadored)
06-06-2003, 08:06 PM
This honestly should be the Pumpkin fan's final Jihad! The war to end all wars. Screw Rotten Apples, Screw Judas O, Screw Veuiphoria, there is only ONE thing that really truly matters since December 2nd 2000 and and this is it. It's about time we kick up a real fuss.

Ghetto_Squirrel
06-06-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Fathoms (unadored)
It's about time we kick up a real fuss.

I vote that we do that, but articulately and with decent punctuation.

bl0ck
06-07-2003, 05:21 AM
Hyperbole .. if its pathetic .. do something about it ... don't just sit on your ass doing nothing; help us out .....really whats the point in saying its pathetic and not doing something.

Ann Ominous
06-07-2003, 06:26 AM
i signed.

Ugly
06-07-2003, 10:53 AM
Hyperbole .. if its pathetic .. do something about it ... don't just sit on your ass doing nothing; help us out .....really whats the point in saying its pathetic and not doing something.

yer gonna have to draft up a new petition, for starters and THEN you have to get all of those signatures again. I'd only sign it if it actually made sense.

shoo boy, you have work to do.

jamesey
06-07-2003, 11:23 AM
ssigned

cuz in the million to one chance this shit works, i'd like to say i helped

pale blue eyes
06-07-2003, 01:18 PM
I think the petition is on the right track but we need to do something for them to take notice. Not just mailing letters but sending them something Pumpkin related. I remember my younger sister telling me she sent in some kind of food item to try to save Roswell that the characters liked. I forget what it was (or if it even worked) but something like that would be better than an online petition.

Dead
06-07-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Phreak
I think the petition is on the right track but we need to do something for them to take notice.
No one will take that petition seriously the way its written. If you really want to make a petition, start over from scratch (and have someone proofread it before you post it). I really doubt a petition would influence Virgin at all.

Axis of Action
06-07-2003, 02:44 PM
let's slashdot the motherfuckers. that'd rule, if we could.

probably mass-emailing would be better. a petition is one thing for them to look at. 500 emails... that's something different.

Nothing/everything
06-07-2003, 05:31 PM
this is fucking pathetic

and i honestly don't care about a fucking metro DVD. It'll just go somewhere on a shelf with the other two, to collect dust.

jczeroman
06-07-2003, 05:43 PM

http://www.petitiononline.com/001979/petition.html

I can't BELIEVE I took that seriously for a while. This is NOT they way to go about getting the DVD, I will sign this petition but it is written with the same logic as:

BILLY COME TO MY TOWN TO PLAY FOR ME AND MY FRIENDS!!!! pLEASE OH PLEASE!!!!111!!! omg!!!11!!111!!! omg omg !!!1!!!11!1!!1!!11

-- The Undersigned

bl0ck
06-07-2003, 06:30 PM
Well .. I never started the petition ... yes it is one hell of a stupid start .. but its already got like 300 people signed and it would be a bitch to get all these people to sign another one ....

and Nothing/everything .. your good really good.

Nothing/everything
06-07-2003, 06:37 PM
and Nothing/everything .. your good really good.

-----> you're good, really good

and it should really read: you're right, terribly right

sarmatianus
06-07-2003, 06:40 PM
Look, the costs incurred just for the production work on the DVD were likely not a little deal. Nor was the editing time required for what they already did (even if it was only Fuck You and nothing else). So, this is not something that will just get shelved. It was being worked on in post for a while - something I can tell you for certain isn't cheap. Even if all of this was being done on percentages and whatnot, then those people would either demand a release or some sort of payment in exchange for their percentages (and in standard contracts, they explicitly state that if the product never is sold, they still get paid a set amount in lieu of percentage).

So, the point is that it works to few parties' advantages for this NEVER to see release. It'll be ready when it's ready.

Now chill out and download the show in the meantime.

Ghetto_Squirrel
06-08-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Hyperbole

hmmm...no.

seriously though, who wrote that?

Pinky Daniel B, according to the site.

Ugly
06-08-2003, 11:45 AM

have someone intelligent write it out, and then have everyone sign it again.

extremely true. And it can't just be spaming the Zwan boards or netphoria, you gotta get it on the front page of Zwan and SP sites. Hell, even get in touch with a mod who sends out the mailing list. It has to make website news. It can't just be on a few boards.

Cuz, right now, that dumbass petition is a detriment to having people sign it cuz its written like complete ass. The Family Guy petition had 100,000 + signatures. It is very simple, unless a better petition is written it isn't going nowhere. 300 signatures is **nothing** so it doesn't matter if they don't sign it again.

get to work.

wounded
06-09-2003, 11:06 AM
maybe they could set it up like pearl jam and just produce them on an an ordered basis. i mean that is reasonable, i'd be willing to pay a fair amount, even if it meant them getting massive profit.

Salena Child
06-09-2003, 12:00 PM
i don't wanna.

Dead
06-09-2003, 12:51 PM
It won't influence Virgin. All the SP fans on all the boards won't make up enough potential customers to make a release seem worthwhile for them. It's gotta cost a ton of money to produce and release something like that. But you should make the petition anyway just incase. :cool:

El Savior
06-09-2003, 03:35 PM
lalalalame.

ava transformer
06-10-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Phreak
I think the petition is on the right track but we need to do something for them to take notice. Not just mailing letters but sending them something Pumpkin related. I remember my younger sister telling me she sent in some kind of food item to try to save Roswell that the characters liked. I forget what it was (or if it even worked) but something like that would be better than an online petition.

they sent tabasco sauce

maybe we should send smashed pumpkins:D

Dead
06-11-2003, 12:28 AM
Roswell deserved to die. The entire third season was total crap!

Dead
06-11-2003, 12:30 AM
Also, instead of smashed pumpkins we should send in Sea Monkeys. :cool:

Blank
06-11-2003, 08:08 PM
They aren't going to release it until they are done editing out the screw up at the beginning of Tonight, Tonight. Billy won't let it out until that is fixed.

Blank
06-11-2003, 08:13 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!

:noway:
The potential DVD is the first thing that I thought of at that point in time during the show.....and how pissed Billy probably was deep down inside. Whoever was supposed to stop the cd was probably burned in between acts.

Rider
06-13-2003, 09:28 AM
I vote for a mass immolation. It will be great we wont get a DVD but all your annoying asses would be dead and to be honest I think that's even better than the DVD.

Dead
06-13-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Rider
annoying asses
http://dieoff.org/ass.gif

Boycott Graceland
06-13-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Blank

The potential DVD is the first thing that I thought of at that point in time during the show...

okay, that's not going to hold up the dvd months or anything. it's merely a false start they have to edit out. if fuck you on the GH dvd is anything to go by, the metro dvd is going to be heavily edited.

pizzahunks
06-16-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Rider
I vote for a mass immolation. It will be great we wont get a DVD but all your annoying asses would be dead and to be honest I think that's even better than the DVD.

agreed

bonsor
06-16-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Boycott Graceland

okay, that's not going to hold up the dvd months or anything. it's merely a false start they have to edit out. if fuck you on the GH dvd is anything to go by, the metro dvd is going to be heavily edited. I don't think a 4 hour DVD is going to be edited like that, though. That would be just stupid.

DeusIrae
06-16-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by ******
I don't think a 4 hour DVD is going to be edited like that, though. That would be just stupid.

hah, what makes you think we'll get the full thing anyway? :(

Wonder if they recorded Silverfuck...? I am sure Full Circle described 1979 as the last song played at the metro... Did they mean the last recorded song?

That would suck :(

Blank
06-17-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Boycott Graceland

okay, that's not going to hold up the dvd months or anything. it's merely a false start they have to edit out. if fuck you on the GH dvd is anything to go by, the metro dvd is going to be heavily edited. Thank you, your voice of reason rings loud and clear.

If by edited, you mean adding numerous camera angles but keeping the audio the same as the show, then yes I agree that the show will be heavily edited.

Originally posted by DeusIrae

hah, what makes you think we'll get the full thing anyway?

Wonder if they recorded Silverfuck...? I am sure Full Circle described 1979 as the last song played at the metro... Did they mean the last recorded song?

That would suck
Considering the setlist on the stage had silverfuck as the last song.....I think they taped the whole thing. I don't think the camera guys were faking it either.

sarmatianus
06-18-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Blank
Thank you, your voice of reason rings loud and clear.

If by edited, you mean adding numerous camera angles but keeping the audio the same as the show, then yes I agree that the show will be heavily edited.

No, I think that what he meant is that they were going to edit OUT as much extraneous material as possible from an official DVD. You can tell from listening to the bootleg's copy of Fuck You that the prior banter was slimmed down for the GH DVD. They took out a few bits and pieces between "Have you had enough yet?" and when they start playing.

Minor quibble? Perhaps. But based on that being the only publicly viewable footage from the show, you could argue that it makes it look like false starts, extraneous banter, teases, etc could and would be taken out from a future DVD release. And God knows how they'll handle the non-SP songs.

azvd
06-18-2003, 09:10 AM
np -> Mashes Potatoes.

-AZVD.

Ugly
06-18-2003, 09:33 AM
Anybody change the wording of that petition yet?

Elvis The Fat Years
06-18-2003, 01:24 PM
I WILL NOT CONFORM