View Full Version : Who else thinks that zwan.com sucks?

FrailRhino
06-06-2003, 05:14 PM
Zwan.com might be the worst website I've ever seen. It's annoying as hell. Everything about it makes me want to kill myself by stabbing my eyes out. What is the band thinking? Anyone else agree. You can disagree if you want, but your wrong.

Adam

pale blue eyes
06-06-2003, 05:23 PM
I think it is too damn colorful. Reminds me of the seizure-causing Japanese cartoons except slightly more informative.

shaniqua
06-06-2003, 05:26 PM
they really need a lo-fi version.

zoodboog
06-06-2003, 06:00 PM
the bandwidth saved by removing the flash would allow them to host machina iii

Dead
06-06-2003, 06:15 PM
I agree that it sucks. Maybe they'll change it when they release the next cd or dvd whatever.

ZephZero33
06-06-2003, 06:18 PM
Boo zwan.com :eek:

bl0ck
06-07-2003, 05:54 AM
I don't think it sucks; however I am really upset about the fact that they forwarded smashingpumpkins.com to zwan.com ...

btw was there a uproar here at that moment?

or did anyone not care as much?

because that was a fucking crime.

Azael
06-07-2003, 06:19 AM
Enjoy it while you can, cus i bet the next release will be neon orange, which means the website will follow :)

In-Valid
06-07-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by bl0ck
I don't think it sucks; however I am really upset about the fact that they forwarded smashingpumpkins.com to zwan.com ...

btw was there a uproar here at that moment?

or did anyone not care as much?

because that was a fucking crime.

haha I didn't know that !! I just checked it out to see if your pulling my leg but dyam your right.

There's something just not right in doing that LOL........I thought Billy wanted to seperate Zwan from the Smashing Pumpkins ? Cheese factor 7.5.

They should have redirected smashingpumpkins.com to Netphoria General Board forum :D

it's almost as bad as seeing my ex-favourite a perfect circle fan site (www.aperfectcircle.org) turn into a mini bio page about AC/DC's back in black !!

aspecialkid
06-08-2003, 05:52 PM
its a shit hole.

sarasvati
06-08-2003, 07:03 PM
Its just too ugly looking. I rarely go there.

TheYellowDart
06-08-2003, 07:32 PM
It really was pointless to sacrifice sp.com-the site had so much more to it and had so much more depth than the ZWAN website. That stupid intro page is just too loud, and the site itself isnt too great either. It makes me feel like i need to take a shower every time i look at it.

Salena Child
06-08-2003, 11:33 PM
i like the pretty colors:erm

Hughzims
06-08-2003, 11:52 PM
The album musn't be selling well coz they posted it on the website

P.S. It sucks compared with the Sp's old site

Dead
06-09-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Hughzims
P.S. It sucks compared with the Sp's old site
<font size="10" color="red">*** OBOARDER ALERT ***</font>

King of Devious
06-09-2003, 02:25 AM
I dont think anyone honestly likes that website

its so ass ugly, and i seriously think everyone in zwan is gay

Ugly
06-09-2003, 09:43 AM
It has some pretty good content (videos, the albums, MP3s), but its burried away in flash, window popups (some of which are fullscreen which are a pain in the ass) and just a completely annoying presentation. I thought the SP site had a ton more content, that was ALOT easier to get too, which was why I dug it so much. The weekly premiere of the acts of "Graceful Swans of Never" or the MACHINA II rips were some of my fav. memories of the site.

Pieces
06-09-2003, 01:31 PM
I agree, also the fact that Smashingpumpkins.com goes to Zwan.com is so lame that I think if Billy wants to distance himself from the Pumpkins then he shouldn't have the site redirected. Next thing he'll be covering Pumpkins songs and saying their his songs anyway.

Zwan.com is a horribly built site, maybe people will say that the people who like the Pumpkins but no Zwan are just dinosaurs who need to get with the times, but I'm not a big fan of Zwan, I do enjoy their music, but not even half as much as the Pumpkins.

The site is colourful and the posters seem to average age 12. No offence to anyone who enjoys the site, but it really strikes me as the kind of "WHAT'S BILLY'S FAVOURITE CHEWING GUM BRAND?" board.

dishpan
06-09-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by King of Devious
I dont think anyone honestly likes that website

you think wrong

RopeyLopey
06-09-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Ugly
It has some pretty good content (videos, the albums, MP3s), but its burried away in flash, window popups (some of which are fullscreen which are a pain in the ass) and just a completely annoying presentation. I thought the SP site had a ton more content, that was ALOT easier to get too, which was why I dug it so much. The weekly premiere of the acts of "Graceful Swans of Never" or the MACHINA II rips were some of my fav. memories of the site.

couldn't have been said better.

bonsor
06-09-2003, 05:09 PM
Whatever happened to HTML?

Reyngel
06-09-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by ******
Whatever happened to HTML?

Don't worry, it will soon be cool to be old skool. Every other thing in society seems to be going that way... from throw-back jerseys to mesh hats. HTML will one day be king. Flash is gay.

Pieces
06-09-2003, 05:55 PM
Considering that HTML is being wiped out by xHTML, CSS and PHP, I wouldn't count on it!

My trading page is HTML though, mwahaha!

Reyngel
06-09-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Pieces
Considering that HTML is being wiped out by xHTML, CSS and PHP, I wouldn't count on it!

My trading page is HTML though, mwahaha!

HTML will never completely be wiped out, cause I refuse to adopt new shit. I spent years learning HTML, and I ain't about to spend even more years learning even more crap.

Kill the Joy
06-11-2003, 07:43 AM
OMIFUK THE Z BOARD IS FUCKING GAY MAN... THEY ALL ARE INTO RAINBOWS SHIT AND THE COLOR MAKES ME WANT TO DRIVE MY CAR OFF GOLDEN GATE MAN...BILLYS PROBLEM BEGAN A LONG TIME AGO WHEN HE STARTED WATCHING DAWSONS CREEK AND LOVING PAULA COLE SONGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pmack
06-11-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Reyngel
I spent years learning HTML

Years?

The basic concepts of HTML can be learned in about an hour.

Fox Mulder
06-13-2003, 05:55 AM
You'd think they'd drop the whole rainbow thing eventually. I mean come on, what the hell is that thing on the album cover for christs sake. Just a load of rainbows formed together to form the shape of a Mr. Man without any distinguishing features.

Good album though :mrpimp:

But Zwan.com is quite damn annoying I have to admit, I don't like the way the Z-board is run either.

Kill the Joy
06-13-2003, 06:50 AM
IF I STARE AT THE RAINBOWS FOR A LONG TIME I SEE EVIL IN IT!!!
I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU TAKE THAT COVER APART IT BECOMES A SECRET PUZZLE DEPICTING A PICTURE OF SATAN AND PETER TOWNSHEND

Rider
06-13-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Pieces

The site is colourful and the posters seem to average age 12. No offence to anyone who enjoys the site, but it really strikes me as the kind of "WHAT'S BILLY'S FAVOURITE CHEWING GUM BRAND?" board.

That's because the board is the most censored board I've ever seen on the net, say anything besides how great bolly is and they delete it. Try to criticise anyone or anything and they dele the post. That board has way to many mods and anyone of them have the power to delete anything it's a perfect example of how not to run a baord.

MstrGhost
06-13-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by sarasvati
Its just too ugly looking. I rarely go there.

Sleepless
06-16-2003, 04:13 PM
It hurts my eyes.