View Full Version : dresden

severin
06-06-2003, 09:45 AM
ok, so i had 3 hours sleep in 36 hours.. spent 18 hours of those 36 in trains, 9 of those 18 without aircondition (outside it's 35 C)... the show was good, setlist generic, heartsongs still doesn't work live, even if they made it sound like tonight, tonight in some parts (at least one of the guitars and the drums). the band was extremely social, all of them came out and signed stuff, even david. and billy told a polish fan why he doesn't want to go to poland anymore. gooch was extremely nice about helping me getting my recording gear in.

and if i'm not mistaken either yelena left billy for good or she died. he dedicated love lies in ruin to "a polish girl he recently lost"

RopeyLopey
06-06-2003, 09:51 AM
heh, so he doesn't want to come to Poland because of Yelena? But I thought she's got russian origin, not polish... I also would like to know why he's been boycotting Eastern Europe since 1997....

severin
06-06-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by RopeyLopey
heh, so he doesn't want to come to Poland because of Yelena? But I thought she's got russian origin, not polish... I also would like to know why he's been boycotting Eastern Europe since 1997.... no, those 2 things aren't conencted...and i thought she had polish origins..ok, someone clear that up...

the reason why they don't do poland (and probably the rest of eastern europe) is, that when they played katovice the last time, they didn't really sell a lot of tickets and the promoter got pissed and cancelled their transports, their food and their hotel rooms. plus the album sales are extremely low because of bootlegs of the official cd's

StillBecomingApart
06-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by severin

and if i'm not mistaken either yelena left billy for good or she died. he dedicated love lies in ruin to "a polish girl he recently lost"

RopeyLopey
06-06-2003, 10:06 AM
Yelena Yemchuk - that's russian first name/surname all the way.
Heh, the reason seems to be alright. In Prague 1997 the stadium was also only 3/5 full, but he seemed to be in a good mood, show was awesome and he was even promising us to come to Prague on a regular basis since then...
too many bootlegs - yes, that's true, what we are supposed to do if the prices of CDs are twice as high as even in America? But this has nothing to do with Billy...

heh, Severin, I thought I'll meet you in St.Polten next week, but unfortunately we have the referendum on joining EU on the same day and I can't manage both things - and the referendum is of course more important than ZWAN. Anyway, have a good time.
jan

babyletswhine
06-06-2003, 10:14 AM
the paradiso setlist was pretty special. No special songs, but the order was quite remarkable.

did the recording turn out okay?

The band was very sociable in amsterdam too, Jimmy bought icescream in a local snackbar. And the rest of the band went to a record store down the street, and bought like 20000 zillion records :d.

severin
06-06-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by RopeyLopey
Yelena Yemchuk - that's russian first name/surname all the way.
Heh, the reason seems to be alright. In Prague 1997 the stadium was also only 3/5 full, but he seemed to be in a good mood, show was awesome and he was even promising us to come to Prague on a regularly basis since then...
too many bootlegs - yes, that's true, what we are supposed to do if the prices of CDs are twice as high as even in America? But this has nothing to do with Billy...

heh, Severin, I thought I'll meet you in St.Polten next week, but unfortunately we have the referendum on joing EU on the same day and I could not simply manage both things - and the referendum is of course more important than ZWAN. Anyway, have a good time.
jan hmm, you should come with me to the italian lucca show on july 20th...that's a sunday, we meet up in viena on saturday, go there on sunday, and go back on monday...ey? well, in fact i have not yet decided if i go there, but one of the counterarguments is that i don't wann be on a train for 24 hours again without anyone to talk to....

RopeyLopey
06-06-2003, 10:19 AM
Severin,sorry, i really would like to, but at the end of June I am going to South America for 3 months.
I would even miss Eyesbomb on Hurricane festival this way. No ZWAN for me this summer...

severin
06-06-2003, 10:20 AM
ah well, south america is nice too ;)

Ugly
06-06-2003, 10:38 AM
Poo-tee-weet?

(tell me how that reference fits into this post and win a cookie!)

severin
06-06-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Ugly
Poo-tee-weet?

(tell me how that reference fits into this post and win a cookie!) you sir, are speaking in riddles

RopeyLopey
06-11-2003, 03:05 AM
Heh, Severin, I just realized the name of the Dresden's venue for the show was Alter Schlachthof. Holy fuck - I am wondering if they knew what does it mean....what did the venue look like? Brrrr....
actually, under the current conditions, it seems to be quite symbolic...

mytransgressions
06-11-2003, 04:18 AM
Poo-tee-weet?

slaughter house five takes place in Dresden

poo-tee-weet is how the book ends

:uzi:

*waits for cookie* :crazy:

RopeyLopey
06-11-2003, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by mytransgressions

slaughter house five takes place in Dresden

poo-tee-weet is how the book ends

:uzi:

*waits for cookie* :crazy:

half of the cookie for me?

Mason R Butler
06-11-2003, 04:32 AM
Poo-tee-weet?

Vonnegut.

I'll assume the cookie's in the mail.

Sorry about Dresden.