View Full Version : Opinions

Rima
06-06-2003, 12:19 AM
I don't really know how to title this besides opinions.

REWRITTEN, maybe (maybe) less confusing.

X is the taper, Y is the ticket provider. I am I. Radiohead, NY, 2003.

I was able to acquire a ticket for a Radiohead concert, a limited one, being taped professionally, from Y. I gave the ticket to X so he may tape the show, while still in negotiations with Y, X mentioned he would try to videotape as well as audio record. **I just remembered that i made no mention of video to Y because I was told about that AFTER I was getting the ticket.

Anyhow, I am guaranteed the ticket, and since this is in NY I put X and Y in touch with each other. And basically leave it at that, this was only a couple of days before the show. Y mentioned he tried to get tickets on his own but had no luck.

the show was this past week. , so I spoke to X and asked about it, he said it went fine, he'll do the audio and send it to me as soon as it is finished. I ask about video and he says "maybe", meaning he videotaped it, but I can't have it now. Maybe not until later maybe not at all, he was discreet and only said "maybe" but I do get audio.

I, nor X, paid for the ticket, though I did get it for him. X never would have gotten it, they'd never have come across each other.

Is X being a little, uhm, skeevy, in telling me maybe and not offering video to me? Who he knows I won't pass on at all if he says so anyways if that is a concern? I deal with him a lot, he tapes shows for me (I pay him for the tix and labor) so I do not want to burn bridges or push off on anything. Especially for a tape I would like, but do not want as passionately as a show I asked him to videotape recently and he said "maybe later" on that as well (!).

I don't know if I should exert much energy on this, but I would like some feedback on if I'm being sensitive or if he's being a bit hardnosed (is hardnosed a word?).

Actually, this may not bother me as much if he didn't do this to me a few weeks ago ("maybe" bit) on something I did ask him to videotape that I want much more over the Radiohead gig.

A note. this show is going to be televised, but from 2 hours they'll play, like 40 minutes..you know the dealy.

(thank you Monto and Sarm- sorry it was so confusing the first time)

sarmatianus
06-06-2003, 02:55 AM
I am so confused.

monto
06-06-2003, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Rima
I don't want to burn any bridges or push off on anything, heck, I don't passionately want this as much as a show I DID ask him to videotape ("maybe later" was the answer for that too) so i don't know how much energy I want to exert towards this.so this other show, did you eventually receive the VID for that? if not, you could bring that up and say you'd prefer this Radiohead VID instead... or if the taper did hook you up, there's a precedence, so it wouldn't sound too intrusive to ask for the VID again this time around ;)

btw, does he know the avenues you took to acquire this ticket? and the price, or lack of, that you paid? you could inadvertently bring up the troubles you went through, casually extending the topic of conversation into what type of taping equipment or his strategy for recording, etc... any common sense from the person would link the two topics together and perhaps he'd suggest it himself to provide you the VID

by the way, perhaps you could call this unnamed taper Bob here on out for this thread, as "this taper", "the person", "they", etc makes it more difficult to understand ;)

monto
06-06-2003, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by sarmatianus
I am so confused. from what I gather, Rima is supplying a taper with a ticket to a Radiohead show, but this taper may or may not return the favour by providing Rima a copy of the video (assuming he makes it out with the video)

Rider
06-06-2003, 09:59 AM
worst post ever

distance
06-06-2003, 01:40 PM
what gear?

Age Of Empathy
06-06-2003, 04:03 PM
If the guy doesn't give you the video then he's a fucking idiot. What kind of prick gets setup with a free ticket then won't give the person a copy of their video master? Does this taper have a life outside of taping? :rolleyes: