View Full Version : Zwan : disaster in Paris !

frenchy
06-04-2003, 03:34 PM
Hello,

Zwan will be playing in Paris on Monday July 9th...
They planned on playing at the Zenith, which can contain 7000 people... but the ticket sales are going very very bad... so they tried to promote the show with radio sponsors and public commercials (poster, flyers, etc), but that still wasn't good enough...
so they switched to another venue : the Bataclan, which can contain only 1000 people ! :eek:

It's a good news for the french fans... but that means that Zwan isn't selling at all, and could probably force the band to not come back to Europe as often as the Smashing Pumpkins.

I guess Billy is going to be pissed, and since the European tour is already "deja vu", this is not gonna to be a pleasant time for the band. I hope to be wrong.

Fathoms (unadored)
06-04-2003, 04:45 PM
Zwan played and left Vancouver with nary a whisper. Literally, I don't think anybody cared. Alternativley, the Pearl Jame hype machine was in full swing nearly a month before tickets even went on sale.

frenchy
06-04-2003, 04:47 PM
There are still 260 available tickets, which means they only sold approximatly 600 tickets (if you don't count invited people) !!

And to promote it once again, they even choose to have 3 local opening bands...

severin
06-04-2003, 05:16 PM
well, the album was a total non-seller in europe, the single not much better, airtime for the videos and singles was near null. they are just not interesting. this whole "billy corgans new band" promo stuff only worked for the first tour, and for people to download the mp3's....it's not tht it's not good, and i like most of the stuff they put out, but to the masses in europe they are just not interesting...

memories_unwind
06-04-2003, 06:09 PM
You guys are right...in addition to that, Zwan play 5 (!) shows in France and the ticket price is way too high for the Paris show.
36 fuckin Euros! You can nearly buy a female company in the Pigalle district for that...
Everybody who wanted to see Zwan for any price did this in February. Not many people pay this price again - for a band that has just released its debut.
Brussels had a fair price with 26 Euros...I don`t know how the total ticket price comes together. If the agency wants so much money, if the high taxes are the reason or if it costs the band so much money to get the whole equipment throughout Europe...fact is that the ticket prices are too high and that the music sucks *lol*

Cassius
06-04-2003, 07:57 PM
Wow :eek:

Gonna suck to be Billy that night playing to a tiny venue with half the people wishing they were seeing you 5 years ago in a different band :( ..... Apart from the wealth, and all the guitars..... And having a band ..... And having a damn cool wardrobe ..... And playing music for a living............ Yeah but apart from that, pity :(

sarmatianus
06-04-2003, 08:09 PM
On the brighter side of things, maybe if this happens enough Billy will sooner or later give up the whole MTV rockstar game and be a little less sheltered.

Cassius
06-04-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by sarmatianus
On the brighter side of things, maybe if this happens enough Billy will sooner or later give up the whole MTV rockstar game and be a little less sheltered.

Maybe he will be really bitter.... And he will need to get some of his venom out.......

Excellent....

SpFission
06-04-2003, 09:01 PM
mellon collie II, i cant wait

Ghetto_Squirrel
06-04-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Cassius
And having a damn cool wardrobe

In Zwan?

Cassius
06-04-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Ghetto_Squirrel

In Zwan?

And had a damn cool wardrobe.

Wonder if he kept all the cool stuff he wore down the years? Still, that scarf he has now, would kill even that amount of coolness.

Ghetto_Squirrel
06-04-2003, 11:43 PM
Wonder if he kept all the cool stuff he wore down the years?

That would be the most fucked up closet: Frilly multi-coloured silk shirts, black mumus, ugly emo sweaters, and shiny silver pants.

Rider
06-05-2003, 12:35 AM
The same thing happend with the North American tour, Most dates failed to sell out and at least one date was moved to a smaller venue. Zwan ticket sales have been really bad.

Mr MacPhisto
06-05-2003, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Rider
The same thing happend with the North American tour, Most dates failed to sell out and at least one date was moved to a smaller venue. Zwan ticket sales have been really bad.

from my knowledge:

minneapolis
st louis
cleveland
toronto
boston
new york
normal
evanston
philly
atlanta
la1
la2
san francisco
chicago-aragon

were all sold out by showtime. about half of the tour was sold out. this is pretty good when you look at the s+p tour. i remember at most of the s+p shows, people couldn't give away tickets. at least in the midwest.

frenchy
06-05-2003, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by memories_unwind
if it costs the band so much money to get the whole equipment throughout Europe...

By the way, they've chose to not bring the whole light show to Europe, because it fills 2/3 of the equipement space.

StillBecomingApart
06-05-2003, 04:46 AM
Zwan sucks, I think it's normal that none goes to their shows...

Day dreaming Of Darcy
06-05-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by StillBecomingApart
Zwan sucks, I think it's normal that none goes to their shows...

zoodboog
06-05-2003, 06:41 AM
This is good news, depressing songs on the horizon

Cassius
06-05-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by zoodboog

You officially have the best sig pic i have seen in my entire life.:eek:

wounded
06-05-2003, 07:55 AM
okay here is the deal. The smashing pumpkins would have sold out those venues in five minuets. billy wanted to drop the name, but he wants to keep the venues he can't. at bogarts it was pretty packed but it wasn't sold out. that is 1500 capacity.

zwan doesn't even have a gold record and they only have one record at that. and it costs 35 bucks after charges for a ticket.

even with pearl jam though, in lexington the capacity was 10,000 and tickets sold out right before the show, probably because the stations were giving them away. and scalpers couldn't get rid of their tickets for anything.

Hughzims
06-05-2003, 08:48 AM
Maybe they'll do what they did when Adore wasn't selling great and do a who bunch of charity shows

Eulogy
06-05-2003, 08:59 AM
I don't care.

I doubt Billy cares.

Let's just hope he doesn't get pissed of and decide to quit.

Reyngel
06-05-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Hughzims
Maybe they'll do what they did when Adore wasn't selling great and do a who bunch of charity shows

What are you talking about, people still had to pay for the tickets. :rolleyes: The money from ticketsales was given to charities, not to fans.

Reyngel
06-05-2003, 09:26 AM

No, it's bad news. Machina-like songs on the horizon. "If I were dead, would my record sell?" Bleahh :rolleyes:

Reyngel
06-05-2003, 09:40 AM
And btw, at the show in Seattle, I had two extra tickets, and I could only manage to get rid of ONE of them for FREE. wtf is that, right?

However, it's not that the crowd sucked, much like I heard the crowd sucked here during the S+P tour. The crowd was awesome, and very excited during the show.

Billy's just a twat sometimes. I think before the show, he thinks he understands that they're only going to get small crowds from now on. But when he gets on stage, his head goes back to the "rock star love me" mentality.

I think Zwan should just forget about making albums. They're never gonna mean shit to the majority of the world, and it's mostly cause the only person in the band that the world really knows, if even him, is Billy. And Billy's known, if that, as being depress-rock Pumpkins Billy, not peace and love Billy. So they should just forget the whole album thing, and go around doing shows in parks for like $5 a ticket. It's not like Billy or Jimmy needs money. They're fuckin millionaires. Billy's so rich, he was financially supporting Matt for while a when Zwan started up. But anyway, if they just did $5 shows, people WOULD show up. Maybe they wouldn't be fans, maybe they'd just be people off the street, but isn't that what Billy said he wanted? To reach a new audience... to reach the people who weren't listening? So, they wouldn't have to spend all the money and time of making a record... they could just tour once in a while for really cheap, and just do it to play music. Or they should just put all their music for free to dl on their website. Whatever they do though, they shouldn't be expecting Pumpkins-sized audiences.

Mr MacPhisto
06-05-2003, 09:43 AM
all you people are hypocrites

Reyngel
06-05-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Eulogy
I don't care.

I doubt Billy cares.

Let's just hope he doesn't get pissed of and decide to quit.

Why. I want him to do that fuckin solo record/career he's been talking about since Mellon Collie.

Mr MacPhisto
06-05-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Day dreaming Of Darcy

is this the same person that was totally amazed at 1/25/03? how about 4/8/02? but then again zach, you might have completely changed. what do i know, eh?

frenchy
06-05-2003, 10:09 AM
ZWAN JUST ANNOUNCED THAT THEY CANCEL THE SHOW IN PARIS...

Instead they will play at the Pinkpop festival

Fucking shit !

Frank N. Furter
06-05-2003, 10:52 AM
Zwan can't even sell 1000 tickets in Paris?? God, Zwan is even less popular than I thought... but then again I don't think anyone I know knows that there exists a band called Zwan.

Eulogy
06-05-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Reyngel

Why. I want him to do that fuckin solo record/career he's been talking about since Mellon Collie.

Uh

I don't think he'd be making records if he quit. I meant...quit. Completely. Forever.

But I'd still rather have him work with Zwan and maybe produce stuff that's more like what we all know they're capable of.

frenchy
06-05-2003, 12:15 PM
Elliot Roberts is such a poor tour manager for Zwan...
I truly hate him and his superstar attitude.

sarmatianus
06-05-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Mr MacPhisto

:rofl:

palidor
06-05-2003, 03:21 PM
The album isn't all that great, but their live show is awesome in my opinion.

The tickets are overpriced, and all the radio plays is "Honestly".. so I can see why a casual fan wouldn't want to go.

SomaPhreak
06-05-2003, 03:32 PM

Billy's just a twat sometimes. I think before the show, he thinks he understands that they're only going to get small crowds from now on. But when he gets on stage, his head goes back to the "rock star love me" mentality.

Whatever they do though, they shouldn't be expecting Pumpkins-sized audiences.

Yep, he was certainly pissed at the crowd size/reaction at the last Seattle show. Bolly needs an attitude adjustment - LOL! But hey, they all said they wanted to be huge. When you turn out to be quite a bit less than huge, that's going to be disappointing ....

RopeyLopey
06-05-2003, 04:05 PM

Maybe he will be really bitter.... And he will need to get some of his venom out.......
Excellent....

Alright, so you'll be bitter to the people who have actually come to see you in order to turn away the very last crowd who's interested in you? I don't understand...
I f I were on his place, I would actually play damn hard to reward those loyal ones...
I am even wondering if he really cares that much...

Age Of Empathy
06-05-2003, 04:12 PM
That's horrible!! Wow. Well Zwan isn't doing great all round but they are in some places. In Toronto, that show was sold out in a couple hours and the capacity is about two hours. Does the quality of their live performance have anything to do with the lack of ticket sales? Disagree with my all you want ... but I listen to the album more then any live show.

Maybe if they don't release fucking Settle Down they might have a hope at bringing the album back. Come With Me as the next single baby!

Reyngel
06-05-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Age Of Empathy

Maybe if they don't release fucking Settle Down they might have a hope at bringing the album back. Come With Me as the next single baby!

No... if they want to bring the album back, they need to release a way, way better followup album. And they can't make it a live DVD, which they will be. Sure, the DVD may be really cool to us fans, but it's definitely, definitely not going to draw in any new ones. It will be a complete alienation of them.

Cassius
06-05-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by RopeyLopey

Alright, so you'll be bitter to the people who have actually come to see you in order to turn away the very last crowd who's interested in you? I don't understand...
I f I were on his place, I would actually play damn hard to reward those loyal ones...
I am even wondering if he really cares that much...

I meant it might come out in his writing, or at least balance the ultra-happy attitude of Zwan. I dig that, but i miss XYU and such.

Granted the pumpkins angry stuff always seemed a bit tongue in cheek :) Maybe he doesnt need to be angry, just needs to be up for it.

Kumar Littlejeans
06-05-2003, 06:04 PM

Well its true, nobody would pay money to see any of you. Be it performing, or watching movies on your couch. Possibly even your funerals.

Slurpee
06-05-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Kumar Littlejeans
Well its true, nobody would pay money to see any of you. Be it performing, or watching movies on your couch. Possibly even your funerals.

Maybe this would help you out a bit:

Logic (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=logic)

D.
06-05-2003, 07:10 PM

I think Zwan should just forget about making albums. They're never gonna mean shit to the majority of the world, and it's mostly cause the only person in the band that the world really knows, if even him, is Billy. And Billy's known, if that, as being depress-rock Pumpkins Billy, not peace and love Billy. So they should just forget the whole album thing, and go around doing shows in parks for like $5 a ticket. It's not like Billy or Jimmy needs money. They're fuckin millionaires. Billy's so rich, he was financially supporting Matt for while a when Zwan started up. But anyway, if they just did $5 shows, people WOULD show up. Maybe they wouldn't be fans, maybe they'd just be people off the street, but isn't that what Billy said he wanted? To reach a new audience... to reach the people who weren't listening? So, they wouldn't have to spend all the money and time of making a record... they could just tour once in a while for really cheap, and just do it to play music. Or they should just put all their music for free to dl on their website. Whatever they do though, they shouldn't be expecting Pumpkins-sized audiences.
i like this idea.

sarmatianus
06-05-2003, 07:53 PM

You missed my point.

Kumar Littlejeans
06-05-2003, 09:27 PM

You missed my point.

I just chose to ignore it.

Dead
06-05-2003, 11:31 PM

I just chose to ignore it.
Nope, you totally missed it because I got it and then you were wayyyy off. :p

stumpycat
06-06-2003, 01:10 AM
No one is going to pay $35 for a band they aren't sure about--realistically, Billy name just doesn't have that much clout.

Kumar Littlejeans
06-06-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Dead

Hey, whose side are you on here, judas?

sarmatianus
06-06-2003, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Dead

*high fives Dead*

Kumar Littlejeans
06-06-2003, 03:01 AM
Listen, I make up my own points . I'm always on point when I speak mine. With my crew. Soooooo, enter the Ku, 36 more deadly chambers to take you through.

shaniqua
06-06-2003, 03:16 AM
Listen, I make up my own points . I'm always on point when I speak mine. With my crew. Soooooo, enter the Ku, 36 more deadly chambers to take you through.

post of the day.

Purr Snickety
06-06-2003, 02:07 PM
Well, anyway, are the two most important Italian gigs (i.e. the ones I'm going to) Rome and Naples still going ahead?

the_marked
06-06-2003, 03:34 PM

or team up with manson :rockon:

eyesbomb
06-10-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Purr Snickety
Well, anyway, are the two most important Italian gigs (i.e. the ones I'm going to) Rome and Naples still going ahead?

yep, and let me tell you that you're visiting the two absolute most beautiful cities of Italy

Purr Snickety
06-10-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by eyesbomb

yep, and let me tell you that you're visiting the two absolute most beautiful cities of Italy

Good to know! And hopefully, Florence, Venice and Genoa won't disappoint either ;).

AndItsAllGone
06-10-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Age Of Empathy
In Toronto, that show was sold out in a couple hours and the capacity is about two hours.

What?

eyesbomb
06-10-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Purr Snickety

Good to know! And hopefully, Florence, Venice and Genoa won't disappoint either ;).

no, since they're astonishing

Firenze manages to amaze me each and everytime I go there

El Savior
06-10-2003, 08:11 PM
zwan sux.

matt reeder
06-14-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by wounded

even with pearl jam though, in lexington the capacity was 10,000 and tickets sold out right before the show, probably because the stations were giving them away. and scalpers couldn't get rid of their tickets for anything.

Possible. But Pearl Jam still puts on the best live show in the world too, so that can't hurt. I saw Zwan in Normal and loved it; I saw Pearl Jam in Champaign and it was the best show I've ever seen. Even better than the Flaming Lips, Radiohead, or Sleater-Kinney.

O'Doyle Rules
06-16-2003, 11:42 PM
where is "billy corgan's biggest blunder" when you need it. [sigh] :mrpimp:

i believe he is still a good artist/musician...this whole situation is frustrating.

Brute Squad
06-17-2003, 03:39 AM
were all sold out by showtime. about half of the tour was sold out. this is pretty good when you look at the s+p tour. i remember at most of the s+p shows, people couldn't give away tickets. at least in the midwest.

Scalpers couldn't sell tix at the Houston show for $20. I'm sure Dallas was just as bad. I don't plan on leaving Austin for anything b0lly related in the future. I had to get up and go to school in the morning after driving back.

Pieces
06-18-2003, 02:14 PM

Haha, best post ever!

SexyGranny
06-18-2003, 03:40 PM

& you are a little bitch who probably jerks off to your masters so what exactly is your point? Does the negative comments make you want to cry?