View Full Version : Just saw the Zwan interveiw on The New Music for the first time...


Fathoms (unadored)
06-03-2003, 02:42 PM
Man, there were some of the most revealing billy quotes I've ever heard in there. I didn't realize Zwan had a point, and I thought that was the point. But now, think I appreciate the point even more now that I know its there. He seemed almost pissed off for some reason. Good on you Billy.

Toby
06-03-2003, 02:43 PM
So what's the point?

Fathoms (unadored)
06-03-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Toby
So what's the point?

It would just sound silly if I said it.

Reyngel
06-03-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Fathoms (unadored)


It would just sound silly if I said it.

Then why did you post. I'm sure a lot of us haven't seen that interview... myself *******d.

Fathoms (unadored)
06-03-2003, 03:42 PM
http://www.billy-corgan.net/downloads/videos/index.php

oui henri
06-03-2003, 04:27 PM
i was more interested in the part where George asked b0lly "even if it's your birthday?" and they show a clip of 50 cent's "in da club" video and b0lly looks all serious and says, "even if it's my birthday"

i actually lol'd at that!

Dead
06-03-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by oui henri
i was more interested in the part where George asked b0lly "even if it's your birthday?" and they show a clip of 50 cent's "in da club" video and b0lly looks all serious and says, "even if it's my birthday"

i actually lol'd at that!
That's the best part. :D

Reyngel
06-03-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Dead

That's the best part. :D

lol... Billy's gettin way too old.

And I love how the questions are directed at the entire band, yet Billy just answers for all of them. What a whore.

Eulogy
06-03-2003, 08:19 PM
Can someone tell me what was said?

I don't have 4 hours to download the interview.

Reyngel
06-03-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Eulogy
Can someone tell me what was said?

I don't have 4 hours to download the interview.

I already deleted it, but I can summarize it...

basically Billy talked about how he plays the music he plays now because he doesn't see the point in playing trivial music about being in a dance club, or "fake boobs." He also doesn't see a point in playing depressing, sad music, because it's not what he feels the world needs right now. He mentioned something about the types of people who will be around after all this war stuff... and that he wants to be someone who's trying to spread love and peace. He also talked about how if he had continued performing under the Smashing Pumpkins name, even with new people, he'd be locked in that era, that mood... and it wouldn't let him grow as a person.

Fathoms (unadored)
06-03-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Reyngel




And I love how the questions are directed at the entire band, yet Billy just answers for all of them. What a whore.

Thats not exactly new behavior, of course. Always cutting them of, laughing at his own jokes, making sure he's got that intense glaze in his eyes when he's about to drive home a real neat point.

pumpkinxyu
06-03-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Fathoms (unadored)


Thats not exactly new behavior, of course. Always cutting them of, laughing at his own jokes, making sure he's got that intense glaze in his eyes when he's about to drive home a real neat point.

damn billy and his sincerity. isn't it time that he adopts a nu-metal persona and stops being such an eloquent bastard who actually makes meaningful statements during interviews?

Dead
06-03-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by pumpkinxyu
who actually makes meaningful statements during interviews?
Most of Billy's "meaningful statements" during interviews is just elaborate crap he comes up with on the spot and then he's impressed with himself afterwards (at least thats how its always seemed to me).

For example: His analogy of what the band is in Vieuphoria, talking to the therapist. There are plenty of other examples but I can't list them all. I think we should have everyone post a different one. :D

pumpkinxyu
06-03-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Dead

Most of Billy's "meaningful statements" during interviews is just elaborate crap he comes up with on the spot and then he's impressed with himself afterwards

oh, i see. we wouldn't want him to come up with his answers after the questions are asked. it would be much wiser to have a scripted response prepared before he even shows up to the interview. it's, like, sooo mid-90's to speak your mind.

stumpycat
06-03-2003, 11:17 PM
"And that's the story of the band."
Yes, Billy, that was a very clever analogy. Especially the bit where you exchanged the word "dollars" for "pence"...extraordinarily observant, that was! :cheers:

No, in a funny sort of way I know what you mean about him being a little self-congratulatory. Although I'd probably pin it down more to an air of self-importance. But I do much prefer this to someone sounding like a complete, insight-less dumbass.

basically Billy talked about how he plays the music he plays now because he doesn't see the point in playing trivial music about being in a dance club, or "fake boobs."
Umm...he didn't exactly sing about those sort of things in SP, either...

BUT REMEMBER FOLKS, WHEN YOU SUPPORT ZWAN, YOU ARE HELPING BILLY GROW AS A PERSON. YAY!!!

Dead
06-03-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by pumpkinxyu


oh, i see. we wouldn't want him to come up with his answers after the questions are asked. it would be much wiser to have a scripted response prepared before he even shows up to the interview. it's, like, sooo mid-90's to speak your mind.
I think you're missing my point (unless I'm missing yours).

http://communityport.att.net/pow_res/thumb_010906.jpg

King of the Horseflies
06-04-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Dead


For example: His analogy of what the band is in Vieuphoria, talking to the therapist. There are plenty of other examples but I can't list them all. :D

i always got the feeling that Billy was making fun of himself in that clip.

Fathoms (unadored)
06-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by King of the Horseflies


i always got the feeling that Billy was making fun of himself in that clip.

bull...seye!!!!1 Its a "lets try and be funny for the least amount of money skit"... so bad choice of example iz all.

Dead
06-04-2003, 01:38 AM
Hmm. Not sure what you're talking about, I guess I'll try to think of another example. But its true! He's always going on these long rambling speeches about the state of rock and the world and stuff, its just like in the I Am One rants from 2000 tour. And other weird stuff. And the meaning of strange things. It seems like he's thinking it up on the fly but saying it like he wasn't thinking it up. I guess I can't explain what I'm trying to say very well. Someone back me up!

KingJeremy
06-04-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Dead


For example: His analogy of what the band is in Vieuphoria, talking to the therapist. There are plenty of other examples but I can't list them all. I think we should have everyone post a different one. :D That was the best part of Vieuphoria.

Travis Meekz
06-04-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by KingJeremy
That was the best part of Vieuphoria.

no sir, that would be silverfuck

mono
06-04-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Dead
Hmm. Not sure what you're talking about, I guess I'll try to think of another example. But its true! He's always going on these long rambling speeches about the state of rock and the world and stuff, its just like in the I Am One rants from 2000 tour. And other weird stuff. And the meaning of strange things. It seems like he's thinking it up on the fly but saying it like he wasn't thinking it up. I guess I can't explain what I'm trying to say very well. Someone back me up!

I'm with ya!