View Full Version : Wanna tape Dismemberment Plan before they breakup?

sarmatianus
05-29-2003, 01:39 PM
Okay, here's the deal:

As many of you well know, I am always on the lookout for people willing to tape Cex, partially because I am usually able to wrangle guestlist status.

Some of you may also know that Cex is a friend of Dismemberment Plan and occasionally opens for them.

So....the Plan is embarking upon a final fling around the USA this summer before they breakup. Cex is opening for them at several dates. If you are willing to tape BOTH Cex and Dismemberment Plan, I will give your name to Cex for guestlisting. I apologize for the short notice on the June dates - I just received this info myself.

Here are the dates and venues:
June 3: Modified Arts, Phoenix, AZ
June 4: The Casbah, San Diego, CA
June 5: Knitting Factory, Los Angeles, CA
June 6: House of Blues, Anaheim, CA
July 12: The Firestone, Orlando, FL
July 13: Beta Bar, Tallahassee, FL
July 14: Twiropa, New Orleans, LA
July 16: Creepy Crawl, St. Louis, MO

Email me at sarmatianus@yahoo.com if you are interested. Thanks!

glued_on_wings
05-29-2003, 02:41 PM
Are they doing any east cost dates. If so i would gladly help you out with taping..

Jeremy

sarmatianus
05-29-2003, 03:03 PM
I got SBD from last night's gig at the Black Cat. You happen to be in the unfortunate position of being too close to me! :D

The show kicked ass, though. Two hours long - their last club gig in the hometown - and almost totally audience requests, including a buncha songs that they never play anymore. Good stuff. It'll be online soon enough.

I also can't get guestlisting for any of the D-Plan shows Cex isn't opening for, so don't bother asking. Sorry. :p

Netphorian Gadabout
05-29-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by sarmatianus
I got SBD from last night's gig at the Black Cat. You happen to be in the unfortunate position of being too close to me! :D

I was there and would love to get a copy of that. Please email me at jaron@everyonelovesjaron.com and we can work something out.

Also, it wasn't their last DC show - July 26th they'll be playing Fort Reno.

sarmatianus
05-29-2003, 05:42 PM
their last club gig in the hometown

Fort Reno isn't a club venue. It's a field.

bowmaan
05-29-2003, 08:19 PM
Fri 07/11/03 Dismemberment Plan Echo Lounge

i'm on it.

btw- sarm: i am lacking 2 tracks from a dplan show i downlaoded from you a few months ago. i'd love to snag them from you so i can burn her

bowman

Slurpee
05-29-2003, 09:17 PM
I will tape both bands July 12 at the Firestone in Orlando. Email me at:

jwg3 (at)
georgetown (.)
edu

Thanks!

Virex_Gaze6
05-29-2003, 10:55 PM
I can do the Phoenix show if you want me too plese e-mail me and let me know.
June 3: Modified Arts, Phoenix, AZ

Derrick

harold_666 At hotmail.com

Brute Squad
05-30-2003, 04:41 PM

The show kicked ass, though. Two hours long - their last club gig in the hometown - and almost totally audience requests, including a buncha songs that they never play anymore. Good stuff. It'll be online soon enough.

Let me know when you get that up. A friend of mine flew out to DC to see the show. She'll be so grateful to get a copy. While I'm at it, does anyone know of someone who taped the D-Plan Boston show at the Roxy in Feburary? She also flew up from Austin for that show.

Thanks,
Andrew

Egadsman
05-30-2003, 05:44 PM

I also can't get guestlisting for any of the D-Plan shows Cex isn't opening for, so don't bother asking. Sorry. :p

Hey, can I get a copy of that as well as the Zwan show? I swear, I don't wear that stupid polka dotted shirt to every concert. It was a coincidence.
------->Jeff Compton, the man with the hat

Egadsman
05-30-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Andrew Fogelsong

Let me know when you get that up. A friend of mine flew out to DC to see the show. She'll be so grateful to get a copy. While I'm at it, does anyone know of someone who taped the D-Plan Boston show at the Roxy in Feburary? She also flew up from Austin for that show.

Thanks,
Andrew

They didn't happen to come from Boston, did they?
------>Jeff Compton

sarmatianus
05-30-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Egadsman

Hey, can I get a copy of that as well as the Zwan show? I swear, I don't wear that stupid polka dotted shirt to every concert. It was a coincidence.
------->Jeff Compton, the man with the hat

I sent along the Zwan DAT to Fares for a digi-transfer. Whenever that's done, it'll be ready and on the Hub. (If you can't do the Hub, I'll send you a copy.)

As for the DC show, I am unfortunately committed to moving this weekend, so don't expect it up for another week or so - and moving may also make for some online connection difficulties, but I promise no one will have to wait too long.

See you all at Fort Reno. ;)

Egadsman
05-31-2003, 12:17 AM

I sent along the Zwan DAT to Fares for a digi-transfer. Whenever that's done, it'll be ready and on the Hub. (If you can't do the Hub, I'll send you a copy.)

As for the DC show, I am unfortunately committed to moving this weekend, so don't expect it up for another week or so - and moving may also make for some online connection difficulties, but I promise no one will have to wait too long.

See you all at Fort Reno. ;)

I'll drop you an e-mail. Oh yeah, and I can tell you how CEX nearly got me kicked out of the venue.

sarmatianus
05-31-2003, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by Egadsman

I'll drop you an e-mail. Oh yeah, and I can tell you how CEX nearly got me kicked out of the venue.

Well Thursday night, he got a girl to beat up a guy in the audience, then convinced them to make out (while the guy's nose was bleeding, no less!), and THEN he joined in on the makeout session for a cameo appearance. And the whole show was done on the floor instead of onstage. Crazy stuff.

He's pretty much only doing tracks from his upcoming EP Maryland Mansions, which doesn't even have a release date yet from Tigerbeat6. It's the new pseudo-Goth Cex.

sarmatianus
05-31-2003, 08:47 PM
2003-05-28 Black Cat, DC

Main Set
--------------
What Do You Want Me to Say?
Time Bomb
Face of the Earth
The City
Do the Standing Still
Ellen and Ben
You Are Invited
Girl O'Clock
The Dismemberment Plan Gets Rich
Gyroscope
Tonight We Mean It
Following Through
The Ice of Boston
The Other Side
Bra
That's the When the Party Started
Soon to Be Ex-Quaker
A Life of Possibilities
OK, Joke's Over

Encore
--------------
Enter Sandman [Metallica] (tease)
Rusty
Back and Forth

sarmatianus
06-06-2003, 12:49 PM
Oh, and from what I've been hearing, these shows are almost completely audience request setlists.

Walter2
06-07-2003, 10:55 PM
Ill be taping the St. Louis Show!