View Full Version : Weak IMDB Review: Smashing Pumpkins: 1991 - 2000 Greatest Hits Video Collection

Vulva
05-27-2003, 10:00 PM
Note the dudes spelling and grammatical errors.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0307475#comment

User Comments:

alex

Date: 27 July 2002
Summary: Unbelievable....how bad this band is.

This is close to being the most pathetic band in the 1990s. There vocalist and creative backbone is a guy who sounds like someone is strangling a baby seal (which is not an easy thing to do). However, his voice as only three volumes (low, middle, screaching.) IT is impossible ot listen to, other than to mock and ridicule. You can hear in the live albums how he desperatly wants to make big, epic songs but has no idea how to do such a thing. No doubt the people working for this guy sequenced his guitar and tried to make it as listenable as possible.

The videos are a continuous of these awful things. He really thinks he can make something big, and thanks to video marketing so do his fans. But I'll never understand how the albums were so sold so well. He plays his guitar in a way that shows he obviously isn't very studious. Sure you don't have to be a great guitar player to make a good album, unfortantly Corigan and so many others have used it as an excuse for their lousy chops. His music is unoriginal, pointless, unfocused, and just plain pathetic. Do your selves a favor kids, if you want to learn to play, take some lessons and learn from the greats (Clapton, King, Hendrix, Van Halen). Ouch these videos even hurt with the sound off.

Reyngel
05-28-2003, 12:47 AM
Oh yes. Let's all dig up Jimmy hendrix so that he can teach us to play guitar the way it should be played. :rolleyes: And wtf, the "live album?" He must have the ULTRA RARE METRO DVD

Ugly
05-28-2003, 12:49 AM
I think he's a frustrated Van Hallen fan and he threw in Clapton, King and Hendrix to cover it up.

workingdogv1
05-28-2003, 08:48 AM
Why won't someone think of the baby seals??

zoodboog
05-28-2003, 11:45 AM
whenever I see a retarded comment like that on IMDB I just look at the other comments the person has written, which usually prove that the "reviewer" is just a limp bizkit fan who has escaped the zoo and magically learnt how to type

for example, "alex" had this to say about Fight Club:

Awful Movie that pretends to make a statement
and this to say about The Matrix

THe bullet-time effect was already over used in 1999 when this came out.

Travis Meekz
05-28-2003, 02:58 PM
I think Corgan's voice is very dynamic

D.
05-28-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by zoodboog
whenever I see a retarded comment like that on IMDB I just look at the other comments the person has written, which usually prove that the "reviewer" is just a limp bizkit fan who has escaped the zoo and magically learnt how to type

for example, "alex" had this to say about Fight Club:

and this to say about The Matrix

i love your sig, she is gorgeous.