View Full Version : who's going to Act 4 this year?

Smiley
05-27-2003, 11:39 AM
I haven't seen this discussed on Netphoria much, so I figured I'd bring it up. I might be going, but I'm not sure yet. There's no big headliner like Kill Hannah from the first year, but it should still be a good show. They say this is going to be the last year that they're doing an Act 4 show. I didn't get to go the first two years, so I'm hoping it works out for me this time. I'd hate for all three years to have gone by without me going to at least one of them. How about all of you? Who here is going, and who went to the first or second Act 4?

http://www.act4.net

Caine Walker
05-27-2003, 12:44 PM
you know, it's really too bad that the thing won't go any longer than it's going to. if it actually continued on for years to come, i think it would really make a statement about how important the band was to not only the fans, but Chicago too.

i wonder if it's a priority for shanahan at all.

Ap33west
05-27-2003, 02:59 PM
sarah and i are planning on going, pending a final date from the Metro. and there's a rumor of a headliner, but i'm not sure if that will happen :p
anthony

ZephZero33
05-27-2003, 03:36 PM
I'm probably going. Who did you hear was the headliner?

frenchy
05-27-2003, 05:23 PM
If everything goes right the headliner is gonna be HUGE !
I can't say anymore because it's not yet signed, but it should be the best Act IV :D

BTW, i hope to go (from France) :D

Steven Pukin
05-27-2003, 06:27 PM
I've tried to keep a low profile on most of the boards, and let other people talk about the show other than me, but I thought I'd say something.

I can't say anything regarding the headliner since it is far from confirmed right now but we are in talks with a band or two that might make this pretty good show. I'm confident our lineup will be very good this year. Any mistakes we've made in the past, will be fixed, we learn something new every year we do this. In regards to this being the last Act IV, yes for all intenses and purposes, this is the final one- and not because of Joe Shanahan. But because of me, I wouldn't want this dragging on for years with the crowds getting smaller and smaller, and really I don't know what I'll be doing in 2004 at this point. I'm just graduating university, and moving to Toronto, so I'm glad that I can even do this year's show. Who knows, I might organize a non-Pumpkins related benefit show next year but with good bands nonetheless. Depends on my time, and all that jazz.

I want the show to end off on a good note. I think it's pretty good that 500 people came out to the last show even without a big headliner. And musically last year was a better show, people were more sure of themselves. This year, I'm pretty confident that we'll have a headliner, so I would expect things to be better.
This show is not for everyone, I realize, so that's why we're going to likely continue the joint Act IV-SPIFC charity auctions for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Also, we still have copies of Still Coming Together: The Best of Act IV 2001 for $9 US, all proceeds going to Make-A-Wish Foundation, and with free shipping. sorry for the ad ;) we just put up a couple of unreleased tracks from that show as well, so check it out.

http://www.act4.net/ or http://act4.2007.org/

Later,
Steven

Eulogy
05-27-2003, 06:48 PM
I went the first year, and it was very good. I would have gone last year if I'd been able to.

I should be going this year. Kind of depends on the date though.

Steven Pukin
05-27-2003, 11:24 PM
July 19th is the tentative date, still waiting for confirmation from the possible headliner and joe shanahan of whether that date will stick.

Steven

Reyngel
05-28-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by frenchy
If everything goes right the headliner is gonna be HUGE !
I can't say anymore because

OMIFUK 7EH SM4SH1NG PUMPK1NS 4R3 H34DL1N1NG!?!?!?! 4ND ZW4N 1Z 0P3N1NG 4 7H3M!?!?!?! THIS WILL BE THE GREATEST DAY I'VE EVER KNOWN CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW TOMORROW IS MUCH TOO LONG

whiteSPider
05-28-2003, 10:44 PM
im gonna make it this year...i have to. promise. hey steven/david, still contemplating to do that thing for the end of the show? lemme know!

<words on the street say> better buy the 2001 live cd, na'mean?

-robyn

Oblivious
05-29-2003, 11:57 PM
i went to the first one but i didn't go last year. i'm pretty sure i'll be there this year. oh man. somewhere i have pictures of that van that smashed into the water hydrant across from the metro on the day of that first show. hmmm.

Cherub Angel
05-30-2003, 07:39 AM
if the headliner is good.

Junebug
05-30-2003, 09:38 AM
I really want to make it to this one, since I didn't go to the last two. But the parents probably wouldn't be too crazy about me going. We'll see...it sure would be nice to take a trip to Chicago.

Virex Kills
05-30-2003, 09:41 AM
Whats act iv?

zoodboog
05-30-2003, 11:17 AM
it's good that Lindsey Kuper apparently isn't playing this year, otherwise I would be all depressed about not being able to go.

Steven Pukin
05-30-2003, 02:15 PM
From our about page:

"What is Act 4?
The idea of Act 4 is both to celebrate the old, and promote the new. We pay tribute to the Pumpkins, while having great bands play
a couple originals to promote new music. The show is going into this final year, and has been held for two consecutive years at
at Metro in Chicago. Our primary goal is to help out charities, to give them the little help that we can. We realize this show is not for
everyone, so we had charity auctions leading up to Act IV 2002, to help support great organizations like the
Make-A-Wish Foundation." It takes place at Metro in Chicago. This is the third and final concert, unless we have a reunion concert years down the line :P

We're still talking to headliners, so no single headliner has been confirmed, and the date is subject to change within reason but we're really pushing for July 19 or July 26.

Steven
Act IV http://www.act4.net/ or http://act4.2007.org/

Age Of Empathy
05-30-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Reyngel

OMIFUK 7EH SM4SH1NG PUMPK1NS 4R3 H34DL1N1NG!?!?!?! 4ND ZW4N 1Z 0P3N1NG 4 7H3M!?!?!?! THIS WILL BE THE GREATEST DAY I'VE EVER KNOWN CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW TOMORROW IS MUCH TOO LONG

oh shut up.

shaniqua
05-30-2003, 03:48 PM
the only way i'd go to act 4 is if james was headlining.

MonteLDS
05-30-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by shaunna
the only way i'd go to act 4 is if james was headlining.