View Full Version : Explosion at Yale

Mason R Butler
05-21-2003, 06:42 PM
Someone's trying to blow up Yale! WHEEEE!!!!

crescentfresh
05-21-2003, 06:43 PM
i want to see an article. people are talking about it but there's no ARTICLE. :mad:

Mason R Butler
05-21-2003, 06:44 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast/05/21/yale.explosion/index.html

NEW HAVEN, Connecticut (CNN) -- A bomb went off in Yale University's law school building Wednesday, according to a U.S. government official, but no injuries were reported.

The official said local authorities in Connecticut have confirmed the explosion was a bomb but the facts of the case "do not indicate or bear the marks of an international terrorist incident."

Dorie Baker, a Yale spokeswoman, said the investigation is under way.

"We don't know what kind of a device," she said. "It was in an empty classroom, not in the mailroom. All sources are agreed there were no injuries."

The FBI dispatched its joint terrorism task force to the scene.

The explosion occurred shortly before 5 p.m. and more than an hour later smoke could still be seen rising from the building.

Dozens of emergency crews are at the scene, and authorities sealed off the area.

While the source of the explosion is still unknown, the emergency comes at a time of increased tension. President Bush raised the nation's threat level Tuesday to orange, or "high" -- the second-highest state of alert in the color-coded warning system -- after meeting with his Homeland Security Council to discuss intelligence reports suggesting that al Qaeda had entered an "operational period worldwide" and might attack within the United States.

One student said he was studying in the law school library, when he felt the "Earth move."

"We heard a really, very very loud shaking kind of sound," he said. "I just grabbed my computer and ran."

As he evacuated, he said he saw "some clouds of dust in the main floor."

An official at the Department of Homeland Security said the agency received calls from state and local officials in Connecticut immediately after the explosion. Officials with the department will monitor the situation.

Bush was in Connecticut Wednesday to deliver a commencement speech to the graduates of the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in New London, 50 miles from New Haven.

Yale is one the nation's top universities and was founded in 1701. It has an enrollment of more than 5,000 students. Commencement is scheduled for Monday.

BeautifulLoser
Apparently there was noone in the building. So either 1) it was an accident or 2) the terrorist was a dumbass.

Vulva
http://www.blueprint-magazine.de/blue_8/binbush.jpg

Mason R Butler
05-21-2003, 06:45 PM
I'm betting it was just some kid.

crescentfresh
05-21-2003, 06:45 PM
"We heard a really, very very loud shaking kind of sound," he said. "I just grabbed my computer and ran."

I'd grab mine, too

Ghetto_Squirrel
05-21-2003, 06:48 PM
Well, someone's senior prank sucked.

Mason R Butler
05-21-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by crescentfresh

I'd grab mine, too
Not if I grabbed it first.

STFU
05-21-2003, 07:12 PM
do not indicate or bear the marks of an international terrorist incident."

Well then we're left with "national terrorist", "regional terrorist", "local terrorist" or someone that either failed law school or couldn't get in.

ChristHimself!
05-21-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by I Hate Music
One student said he was studying in the law school library, when he felt the "Earth move."

*insert sex related joke here*