View Full Version : CUE sheets

Cecil
05-18-2003, 06:54 PM
I'm totally set to burn with EAC but I don't know how to use CUE sheets. I've tried just making them and loading them and stuff but it tells me there are errors in the lines, even the 1990.06.16 I got from the hub. I don't even know what they do. I've got a full hard drive that needs relief, please help.

MstrGhost
05-18-2003, 07:30 PM
From the CDRWIN help

EXAMPLE #1 - Audio disc from a single WAV file with no “pause areas” between tracks.

FILE “C:\MYAUDIO.WAV” WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
INDEX 01 05:50:65
TRACK 03 AUDIO
INDEX 01 09:47:50
TRACK 04 AUDIO
INDEX 01 15:12:53
TRACK 05 AUDIO
INDEX 01 25:02:40

EXAMPLE #2 - Audio disc from multiple source files (one track per file) with no "pause areas" between tracks. Note: You can “mix and match” different audio filetypes within the same cuesheet (WAVE, AIFF, MP3, etc).

FILE “C:\TRACK1.WAV” WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
FILE “C:\TRACK2.WAV” WAVE
TRACK 02 AUDIO

As you see, you can get rid of that iscr and cd text info, and even index 00's on tracks that specify "pauses", with or without sound, depending on the original wav, since these are DAO pause indexes, not TAO 0byte marked sectors with 2sec.
On most cue's, the problem is file location. Hope it helps.

Dead
05-18-2003, 10:46 PM
You can load your tracks into EAC in the burning area and then give them song names and all this stuff and then write a cue sheet from EAC. If that's something you wanted to do. Its easier than writing your own from scratch.

Cecil
05-18-2003, 10:59 PM
I'll try it. Do you (Dead) actually burn with EAC though, I haven't talked to someone who has yet.

Cecil
05-18-2003, 11:38 PM
Bah! I finally get the CUE sheet to work and then I go to write and tells me to "Get the write parameters, no additional sense information."

???

Brute Squad
05-19-2003, 03:42 AM
Any particular reason you're using EAC to burn with? If you're just trying to use a free program, try out Feurio! It's free, and offers cuesheet support, if that's important to you.

Nothing/everything
05-19-2003, 04:46 AM
What's wrong with using cdrwin these days? finding a haxor for that program is as easy as taking a solid crap.

Sacred Age Of Innocence
05-19-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Nothing/everything
What's wrong with using cdrwin these days? finding a haxor for that program is as easy as taking a solid crap.

I agree.

guz
05-19-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Andrew Fogelsong
Feurio!

Dead
05-19-2003, 11:56 AM
I burn with EAC because its the only program that lets you use a write offset. I realize that you can't disable burnproof for some reason, but I never burn audio faster than 4x, so thats never an issue. I've done tests before to make sure. I used to use CDRWin but EAC is better.

Brute Squad
05-19-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Dead
I burn with EAC because its the only program that lets you use a write offset. I realize that you can't disable burnproof for some reason, but I never burn audio faster than 4x, so thats never an issue. I've done tests before to make sure. I used to use CDRWin but EAC is better.

I hadn't thought about the write offset. I should look into using EAC. But seriously, get over burning at a low speed. It doesn't make a difference. I always burn at 24x and never have any problems. My Plextor won't let me down.

Cecil
05-19-2003, 03:05 PM
Yeah I'm using EAC for the write offset. But I can't figure out how to get past "Get the write parameters, no additional sense information."

Would the write parameters be in EAC or my cue sheet?

which looks like this:

PERFORMER "Smashing Pumpkins"
TITLE "06-16-1990"
FILE "C:\SHNs copies\06-16-90\06.16.90.wav" WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TRACK 02 AUDIO
INDEX 01 03:17:29
TRACK 03 AUDIO
INDEX 01 07:42:02
TRACK 04 AUDIO
INDEX 01 13:05:61
TRACK 05 AUDIO
INDEX 01 17:14:46
TRACK 06 AUDIO
INDEX 01 23:30:37
TRACK 07 AUDIO
INDEX 01 27:53:66
TRACK 08 AUDIO
INDEX 01 30:35:46

Dead
05-19-2003, 03:35 PM
Maybe EAC doesn't support your drive for writing.

Dead
05-19-2003, 03:35 PM
I always burn at 24x and never have any problems.
Remind me to never trade with you. ;)

Cecil
05-19-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Dead
Maybe EAC doesn't support your drive for writing.

I'm pretty sure it does though cause I have the Write tab in the Drive Options. Maybe I need to take this to the EAC board?

Cecil
05-19-2003, 06:03 PM
Alright so the problem for writing was I'd go to the Write Tab and when I'd go the Display Cd Information option there'd be nothing there and it would say no audio cd was there. So I restarted the computer with the blank cd-r in the drive. Went thru the process again and this time it brought up the cd-r's stats. I assume these must have been the "write parameters" from before that it couldn't find. Now the Cd burns. All goes well till it has to write the leadout, then a message appears something like this, "Write Error; load/eject tray; logical head not ready, prepair for long process"...

tried it twice, got the same thing, cds won't play, came to this conclusion...my burner can't write into the leadout and since I have the offset correction on its fucking it up, although it can read over into the leadin/out it cannot write. This must be how you find out, this answers my question I posted in another thread.

the end

Sacred Age Of Innocence
05-19-2003, 06:16 PM

I hadn't thought about the write offset. I should look into using EAC. But seriously, get over burning at a low speed. It doesn't make a difference. I always burn at 24x and never have any problems. My Plextor won't let me down.

I have to agree with AF here, ever since I got my cd burning software situation fixed, I can burn at max speeds on my burner flawlessly. I've yet to have a coaster or a complaint of something being there that wasn't there originally.

Jason Smith
05-19-2003, 08:56 PM
There really is no reason to not burn with Feurio.

Really. Get over this offset bullshit.

Lite-On at 24x 4 life!

Dan Elsen
05-20-2003, 12:44 PM
I've had a couple of problems with EAC too, can anyone help? See, there are two different settings that you're supposed to engage that together are able to delete the leading and/or trailing silent blocks, i.e. no more 3, 2, 1 or half second gaps between tracks. I did that and it seemed to work fine. Made many trades with no complaints. Then I just got an email from a trader who said that 4 of the discs I sent him had gaps. So how did that happen? Did the settings get reset? Did I do it wrong?
Then here's where it gets weird. I was going to burn some other discs, but wanted to see if these 2 shows had gaps or not. I put them in my computer and played them with MusicMatchJukebox - and there were gaps between every track! I was almost certain I hadn't noticed those before, so I pushed stop, opened WindowsMediaPlayer, and played them - no gaps at all! So why the hell would one program play the discs right, and the other insert gaps!?!??

Brute Squad
05-20-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Dan Elsen
I was going to burn some other discs, but wanted to see if these 2 shows had gaps or not. I put them in my computer and played them with MusicMatchJukebox - and there were gaps between every track! I was almost certain I hadn't noticed those before, so I pushed stop, opened WindowsMediaPlayer, and played them - no gaps at all! So why the hell would one program play the discs right, and the other insert gaps!?!??

You could have gone in EAC, to Action > Detect Gaps, or just press F4.

Windows Media Player always inserts small gaps between the tracks when I play music from my hard drive - both wav and mp3. I don't know why it does that, but it is a little annoying. I've gotten used to it though. I don't normally play CDs through my computer, so I couldn't tell you about that.

MstrGhost
05-21-2003, 04:52 PM
When using eac to copy a cd, ALWAYS press f4 first (instead of doing it in the ripp) to see if 00 indexes are being put in the *.cue (ie, there are gaps on tracks other than the 2sec pregap on track1). Then, delete those 00 indexes in the cue and burn your cd's your way.

Btw, these gaps are made in DAO (disc at once, no laser turn off between tracks) and there's sound during it (when eac messes up), so they don't affect listening, you'll only see a pause marker in your player for a short time. In DAO the most "normal" pauses you'll find are silent blocks (that shouldn't be deleted, to make it like the master) already in the extracted wav and indexed in the cue.

See, there are two different settings that you're supposed to engage that together are able to delete the leading and/or trailing silent blocks, i.e. no more 3, 2, 1 or half second gaps between tracks.

DONT DO THAT, or at least don't trade those. You might be converting TAO (track at once, laser turns off in between tracks and 2sec gaps are CREATED) burned cd's, and only in rare cases removing the 2 sec gaps can turn to a flawless cd, becuse due to offset stuff, information was lost during the tao cd creation.

About pauses during play, if your cd player is set to analogue reading, (control panel system, disable eac in cd properties and in media player select analogue read also) cd's are played fine like your home stereo would do. Somewhere i've posted the cd player deluxe in a thread in two attachments that works fine in xp (but it's only *******d in 2k).
Hope it helps (again?).

Zero23
05-21-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Jason Smith
There really is no reason to not burn with Feurio.

Really. Get over this offset bullshit.

Lite-On at 24x 4 life!

amen to that brutha.

MstrGhost
05-21-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Zero23

amen to that brutha.

The problem on high speed burnings is rec speed transitions, you should stick to the highest constant speed. Recorders change the laser blink speed and/or start rotating cd's faster, but this happens abruptely so these are the critical points in an audio recording. Normally 8x is the fastest constant speed you can get (at least in 24x speeders), you can check with any prog that displays burn speed during tracks, I belive currently yamaha recorders are the only ones who can get almost smooth speed transitions, but even those in audio master mode recording (bigger marks and in between spaces using the redbook limit, less time on a cd 74->60min, but less jitter) only burn at 4x. If you use any read error diagnose you'd be amazed how flawed (but error corrected...mostly) high speed burns are. Just my .02€

Zero23
05-22-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by MstrGhost

The problem on high speed burnings is rec speed transitions, you should stick to the highest constant speed. Recorders change the laser blink speed and/or start rotating cd's faster, but this happens abruptely so these are the critical points in an audio recording. Normally 8x is the fastest constant speed you can get (at least in 24x speeders), you can check with any prog that displays burn speed during tracks, I belive currently yamaha recorders are the only ones who can get almost smooth speed transitions, but even those in audio master mode recording (bigger marks and in between spaces using the redbook limit, less time on a cd 74->60min, but less jitter) only burn at 4x. If you use any read error diagnose you'd be amazed how flawed (but error corrected...mostly) high speed burns are. Just my .02€

I hear what you're saying and I agree. I don't doubt there are some errors introduced when burning higher than 4x. I used to burn no more than 1- 2x. I still definitely use EAC to rip configured properly and secure. Then burn from .cue sheets.

I've just come to the point where I personally don't care to wait 16-19 minutes for a CD that I frankly can't hear the difference in. Honestly, these days 99% of the very few trades that I do are done with SHN's burned to disc. I leave it up to other trader to burn the way they like. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I'll take a disc burned from 256kbs+ Mp3 files. Just because I may not hear the difference there either. Trust me, if there is anyone that's anal about their settings and gear. It's me, just ask the guz. He thinks I'm nuts.:p

MstrGhost
05-22-2003, 03:09 PM
I wasn't being personal, it was just a comment to the new burn fast filosophy I agree it suits personal use, but adds unnecessary risk in snail mail trades.

guz
05-22-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Zero23
Trust me, if there is anyone that's anal about their settings and gear. It's me, just ask the guz. He thinks I'm nuts.:p I think you're like.....God...or something. :crazy:

guz
05-22-2003, 11:06 PM
snail mail trades. People still do those? :think:

Sacred Age Of Innocence
05-23-2003, 05:47 AM
I wasn't being personal, it was just a comment to the new burn fast filosophy I agree it suits personal use, but adds unnecessary risk in snail mail trades.

If people rip things correctly, use quality cd software, & quality media, then they should burn as fast they can. Who really wants to spend hours a day burning cd's for trading just to say you did it at 1x when you can get the same results at higher speeds.

MstrGhost
05-23-2003, 09:44 AM
If people rip things correctly, use quality cd software, & quality media, then they should burn as fast they can. Who really wants to spend hours a day burning cd's for trading just to say you did it at 1x when you can get the same results at higher speeds.

The problem is that rip/write are hardware dependent too (lets not get into the track join problems nero had, even though I agree extraction is normally much more critical. I still belive a constant burn speed is much more safe, and even burning at 8x (the maximum for that? I donno on new 48x drives), it only takes what, 10 minutes per cd? I've once sent 25cds burned at 4x each (I use that speed for trades, even at a small MP tree I've made for some friends) using two computers at the same time, that was an afternoon. Considering the scarce amount of snail mail trades nowadays (yes, not everything falls in the hub), I prefer doing that than listening to the whole cd after burning (altough I always check gaps), I live in Portugal and sending cd's overseas ain't that cheap.

PS: I hope the owner of this thread solved his problem, this is getting way OT :erm

Dan Elsen
05-23-2003, 03:27 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
snail mail trades.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People still do those?

Nothing but. I've never been on the hub and never will. Snail mail has been the one and only; please don't get me started, I don't feel like arguing about this.

After almost 9 years of trading, the thought of downloading shows makes me :hurl:

Brute Squad
05-24-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Dan Elsen
quote:
snail mail trades.

People still do those?

Nothing but. I've never been on the hub and never will. Snail mail has been the one and only; please don't get me started, I don't feel like arguing about this.

After almost 9 years of trading, the thought of downloading shows makes me :hurl:

I do pretty much nothing but snail mail trades these days, unless someone tells me, "d00d! you gotta download this!", offering the show to me. So, when it comes to actual trading, it's purely snail mail. I only do that because of bandwidth restrictions. I'd be all SHN if I could. Although trading has lost something because it's so easy to find shows these days.

Sacred Age Of Innocence
05-25-2003, 01:53 AM

The problem is that rip/write are hardware dependent too (lets not get into the track join problems nero had, even though I agree extraction is normally much more critical. I still belive a constant burn speed is much more safe, and even burning at 8x (the maximum for that? I donno on new 48x drives), it only takes what, 10 minutes per cd? I've once sent 25cds burned at 4x each (I use that speed for trades, even at a small MP tree I've made for some friends) using two computers at the same time, that was an afternoon. Considering the scarce amount of snail mail trades nowadays (yes, not everything falls in the hub), I prefer doing that than listening to the whole cd after burning (altough I always check gaps), I live in Portugal and sending cd's overseas ain't that cheap.

PS: I hope the owner of this thread solved his problem, this is getting way OT :erm

Personally I go max speed in CDRWin & I've had a 100% total success. I don't even want to be reminded of Nero ;) I had my issues there.